DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Can u plz tell me the key words that u enter to search.
There are no specific keywords perse, it's generic words like propulsion , aerodynamics , avionics etc .

Point is to follow up on the information you get and keep going till you find something relevant , 90% of times there will be no follow on connection.

Best advice I can give is use the information posted in this thread to search , then you will get familiar with the information you get , and then you will be able to spot bits of information which you can search for again and repeat untill you find relevant information.

If you search the world propulsion , you and I maybe get atleast 80% same search result , but after that how you spot relevant information and use it to search further and then again and again will depend on you. This is something that cannot be taught . You have to get the experience yourself and interesting thing is if you or anyone get into the habit and enjoy it , you all will easily find far more information than I ever found. Another thing is you have to do lot of guesses . Pics will not be labelled , nor any information available , you will have to joint the dots, that is why most information never turns up during search , you will also need lady luck , but point is you will have to do it yourself , get the lay of the search game and also enjoy it .

Also don't restrict yourself with search words , google generally gives you popular search results only.

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indian Company to Develop Affordable Multi-spectral Camera for UAVs.
Paras Defence and Space Technologies Limited (Paras Aerospace) has extensive experience in optics and opto-mechanical assemblies, including in various projects of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), the Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Active Antenna Array unit and liquid cooling system for Maritime patrol Radar on Dornier 228 .

View attachment 82068View attachment 82069

MPR has 512 TRMs. Second picture shows the position of AAAU and LCS
Makes me wonder if a naval variant of IMRH can be developed as an Indian AEW&CS to replace Ka-31 AEW on INS Vikramaditya and INS Vikrant.

porky_kicker

Country flag
DRDO project 20 ship / DRDO technology demonstration vessel details -connecting the dots

LR-MFR ( long range multifunction radar ) and SLS ( ship launch system ) launchers for supporting the launch of AD series interceptors ( and other missiles if required ).

View attachment 56022
Quoting an old post of mine from 11th August 2020.

k36.jpg

I was the first to make the connection between DRDO project 20 / Technology demonstration vessel and the ship launch system ( SLS ). I had no proof then , only logical assumptions to guess the purpose of the 4 hatches. I proposed that they are for SLS launchers.

Couple of months later youtubers used the very same information from the poster / collage I made, to make videos on the same.

On February 2021 Maxima Vigilantia a blogger posted a pic that proved that my assumptions were spot on - that the 4 hatches on DRDO Project 20 / TDV are indeed for SLS launchers.

TDV111.jpg

In the above pic the SLS launcher seen on the DRDO project 20 / DRDO TDV is yet to be installed inside it's own hatch.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Link to Maxima Vigilantia blog

porky_kicker

Country flag
No there are 2 ships being built

1. VC11184 OSS MRIS ( missile range instrumentation ship ) it is for very long range searching, tracking and telemetry control of airborne objects eg long range ballistic missiles ( ICBMs / SLBMs ) , long range cruise missiles , trajectories of multiple MIRVs simultaneously or progressively released from ICBMs / SLBMs , hypersonic missiles etc.

View attachment 56047

It's primary radar is a X band radar inside the biggest dome , it has 2 other smaller secondary S band radars inside smaller domes.

2. DRDO project 20 ship also known as technology demonstration vessel. It is the 2nd MRIS ship . It is smaller than VC11184.

It has the dual panel LR-MFR ( long range multifunction radar ) and 4 SLS ( ship launch system ) launchers for launching primarily AD 1 and AD 2 interceptors . IMO SLS launchers were also be configured or modified when required to launch long range cruise missiles , long range SAMs , SMART missiles etc for testing purposes. The SLS launchers are housed one level below the ship deck . And the openings are covered by retractable hatches.

Inorder to launch the missile the hatch opens and the launcher is articulated from stowed position 0° to firing position 90° . After that on command the missile is launched. Missiles are also reloaded inside the deck through a reloading mechanism.

View attachment 56048

IMO LR-MFR will also be used to complement the radars on VC11184 inorder to track near end trajectory and splash points of MIRVs ( after handover ) , missile warheads , low level flight trajectory of cruise missiles , interception points of missiles and their airborne targets etc.

Both the ships are part of drdo floating test range .
Reposting another post which I had posted on the same day 11 August 2020 with a more detailed explanation and poster / collage .

A12.58.59.jpg

mandestiny

Country flag
This thread makes me happy. Seeing this i feel Indian Armed Forces will never loose war as we have so much technology. What do say guys ? Its a myth or reality.

mokoman

Country flag
View attachment 81820

Hopefully someday......

Endurance ~ 32 hrs

Range with satcom greater than 5000 km

Ceiling ~ 33,000 ft

Max payload ~ 1,000 kg

I found the company page .

specs looks amazing.

Same company is also working on loyal wingman. its a partnership with UK company.

:lehappy: how do you dig these things up ?

Is there some list of companies from gov report ? , thats my guess.

flanker99

Country flag

I found the company page .

specs looks amazing.

Same company is also working on loyal wingman. its a partnership with UK company.

:lehappy: how do you dig these things up ?

Is there some list of companies from gov report ? , thats my guess.
Who ever these guys are i wish them good luck and hope they become a strong competitor to HAL and drdo in the field of UAV's.
@porky_kicker do u know if these guys are in talks with IAF?

Articles