DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
What is the difference between maser, HPM and particle beam.
Lets start with particle beam.

Particle Beam: Its a beam of charged particles basically. It covers the whole spectrum of Gamma Ray, X-Ray, Microwave.

HPM (High Powered Microwave): This covers the spectrum of 500MHz to 3GHz of Microwave.

MASER: It is similar to basic microwave with the difference that the stimulation of atoms are controlled over here unlike microwave to get the desired frequency level. So just like LASER, it could be used for different purpose based on design.

Ayushraj

Country flag
Why we don't test drone with machine gun, ubgl, rocket launcher, etc. We mostly test drone with missile. These are cost effective means. Countries like turkey, taiwan, etc use these means.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Not really. Its still alive and R-1 is still flying. Work is on the armed drone concept of R-1.
Read the below article written by Saurav Jha in 2015. The image given in the article belongs to even 2013-14. All these years Armed forces licking Heron UAV for kick back and declared R-1 dead. Now they wake up from slumber

Another article mentioning completing all trials even in 2011. But still, you are saying "Not Really" You are defending undefendable.

Akula

Country flag
Why we don't test drone with machine gun, ubgl, rocket launcher, etc. We mostly test drone with missile. These are cost effective means. Countries like turkey, taiwan, etc use these means.
Actually we have tested drone with ubgl.

Ayushraj

Country flag
Actually we have tested drone with ubgl.
Bro i am saying because IA dosent prefer to use atgm against terrorist. Kargil war was last we fought more than 20 years ago but we do COIN almost daily and loss life of precious soldiers. Using small drone armed with small arms will be cost effective means to do operations.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Read the below article written by Saurav Jha in 2015. The image given in the article belongs to even 2013-14. All these years Armed forces licking Heron UAV for kick back and declared R-1 dead. Now they wake up from slumber

Another article mentioning completing all trials even in 2011. But still, you are saying "Not Really" You are defending undefendable.

Since you shared some vintage articles from 2011 and 2015, let me share something from 2021.

And next time I would keep the real time flight footage of R-1 received on WP for you to see.

Chinmoy

Country flag
The 2&3 rifle looks like airsoft gun which you will find in melas ofb at its best . A question why 7.62×51 when you have sig 716i as marksman rifle with range near to 2&3 rifle
OFB rifles are not just for IA. Those are used by Police, CAPF and Paramilitary too.
OFB 7.62 sniper is already in service with few state police and AR.

Chinmoy

Country flag

vishnugupt

Country flag
Since you shared some vintage articles from 2011 and 2015, let me share something from 2021.

And next time I would keep the real time flight footage of R-1 received on WP for you to see.
What are you telling me?? Please read my post again. I know Now again R-1 is flying. what I was telling you that the Armed forces have just wasted 6 years for nothing. As usual foot in a mouth moment for Armed forces.

Chinmoy

Country flag
What are you telling me?? Please read my post again. I know Now again R-1 is flying. what I was telling you that the Armed forces have just wasted 6 years for nothing. As usual foot in a mouth moment for Armed forces.
Yeah.

SATCOM is getting tested with R-2. But forces wasted 6 years on R-1.

The highest endurance showed by R-1 was just 2 hrs as opposed to 8 hours by R-2. But forces wasted 6 years on it.

The altitude gain by MALE R-1 was 11k feet. But forces wasted 6 years on it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Yeah.

The highest endurance showed by R-1 was just 2 hrs as opposed to 8 hours by R-2. But forces wasted 6 years on it.

I’d say it cannot be termed as “forces wasted 6 years”. Since we don’t have a theatre of war of our own, forces are basing their decisions on what’s happening around the world. If we had a theatre of war of our own, forces would have learnt the lessons directly

Recent interest in R1 is because of recent Armenia-Azerbaijan theatre. Compared to 2013, since engines are now being manufactured locally by private players for that category of drones, makes sense to refocus on R1.

Interest in R2 was because of Obama’s drone wars and the PLA factor.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I’d say it cannot be termed as “forces wasted 6 years”. Since we don’t have a theatre of war of our own, forces are basing their decisions on what’s happening around the world. If we had a theatre of war of our own, forces would have learnt the lessons directly

Recent interest in R1 is because of recent Armenia-Azerbaijan theatre. Compared to 2013, since engines are now being manufactured locally by private players for that category of drones, makes sense to refocus on R1.

Interest in R2 was because of Obama’s drone wars and the PLA factor.
Yes. We have to understand that if we are inducting any platform, on what basis or for what purpose we should induct it.
The focus on drone was primarily for surveillance which was done by Heron. Now if we would have inducted R-1, it should have matched its performance if not excelled on it. But as we can see that even now with R-2 we have not reached the point.

UCAV are still new to us and then again we can't go and say that forces have wasted years on R-2 or R-1.

We should stop this blame game at a drop of hat and instead try to learn what is happening there on ground.

Akula

Country flag
Yes. We have to understand that if we are inducting any platform, on what basis or for what purpose we should induct it.
The focus on drone was primarily for surveillance which was done by Heron. Now if we would have inducted R-1, it should have matched its performance if not excelled on it. But as we can see that even now with R-2 we have not reached the point.

UCAV are still new to us and then again we can't go and say that forces have wasted years on R-2 or R-1.

We should stop this blame game at a drop of hat and instead try to learn what is happening there on ground.
Even the Turkish Bakhtiyar drone was not perfect at first but later got improved in TB2 version. I may be wrong but our forces want western standard weapons locally which can't happen at first try.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Yeah.

Arey bhai kitna jhoot bologe ?? kabhi toh ruk jao....... Arey koi toh inhe roko yaar..... Otherwise this man can prove Rustom flight ceiling in negative ( - 200ft ).... Control kar yaar.... kya hua Arvind Kejriwal kyu ho rakhe ho?? Why you hate indigenous products so much ?? ( Please MOD don't delete these words, this is necessary )

This article specifically mentions about 14th flight of Rustom-1 where it achieved 2 hours endurance and a 11500Fts service ceiling.

This 14th flight took place on 18th May 2012. Link below

DRDO official site mention 65 flight ( what you have mentioned achieved on 14th fight ) where it demonstrated ( please pay attention, Demonstrated ) 10 hours endurance, 20000Ft altitudes, and 200km range.

https://www.drdo.gov.in/rustom-1 (Same mention on Wiki)

SATCOM is necessary if a UAV fly beyond the sight of the horizon ( so please don't lecture us on Satcom )
Rustom-1 could have been proved excellent UAV for coastal surveillance and border surveillance but as usual, bigger rejected it for Heron.

And let me tell you again, the Armed forces wasted 7 decades not just only 6 years. Even today in 2021, Chinese/ Paki infiltrators coming and going across the border uninterruptedly while the government is beginning door to door and Armed forces are involved in Emergency Kickback deals.

Articles