DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Pig benis on sushy

Country flag
ATAGS (Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System) Howitzer gun firing at the Balasore test-firing range in Odisha "It is the best gun in the world, no other county has been able to develop such a gun system," says Shailendra Gade, ATAGS Project Director, DRDO. Another round of developmental trials at PXR Chandipur.

View attachment 70956

View attachment 70957

View attachment 70958
The lobby of Athos is really worrying + army fetish for foreign equipment + defence relations of both countries has the power to put ATAGS on shelf.

porky_kicker

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
So Shiv Aroor has cleared up things and has edited his article.
The 6 A-320 will sport a variant of the S band rectangular array that the Netra currently has.

This is to go around the Embraer problem. Remember the allegations of kickbacks and then the scam. IAF is elated with the performance of the Netra . IAF wants more of them at a short notice . Now DRDO can't go back to Embraer for more EMB-145I. And if DRDO decides to go in for a new platform like Bombardier 5000 or 6000, it will mean initiating a case for buying new acs from a foreign OEM. Another three years even before the first airframe lands in India. Then the problem of capex.

So they have come up with this brilliant idea of going in for A-320 from Air India.

The actual P-75I Awacs project still remains though .
Pretty much but what I find interesting is that in a few articles they quoted GoI/DRDO officials calling this proposal NETRA BLOCK 2 so my theory is the panel will be slightly larger (the A320 is a lot bigger than the EMB-145 after all) and likely many other optimisations will take place

My only concern is the AWACS(I) aka India’s EL/M-2090 PHALCON equivalent will now take a backseat and could be pushed back beyond 2030

2 steps forward, one step back

abingdonboy

Country flag
Any reason why he claims it to be the "best" gun and not just one of the best ones? "No other country has been able to develop such a gun system" is a pretty big claim - what makes him declare so?
It is easily the finest 155/52 towed gun in existence. It has a modern FCS, electric drive and a 27 litre chamber (almost all others have 25 litre) meaning it has already demonstrated record breaking ranges (45+ Km)

Articles