DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

Very very big ..., good news

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Hi, the original author wants the MKI photo removed, I've done so from my twitter. Can you DM me?
You can't remove the pic from a post after 10 mins of posting .

Only the mod can remove the entire post and the pic along with it. Pls ask the mod.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
So an accute paucity of funds has forced our hand. We will now be using Air India Boeing 777 for our Project India AWACS . But the good news is the project is finally moving forward.

https://m-hindustantimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/m.hindustantimes.com/india-news/six-new-eyes-in-the-sky-for-iaf-to-be-built-by-drdo-on-air-india-planes/story-aMZzLNsbLwqeLPH3rfooWN_amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D

Air India has 2 Boeing 777-200 LR and 13 Boeing 777 300 ER. So the six acs will be taken from this fleet.

This is actually a blessing in disguise. We are all aware of the blistering fast speeds in which a procurement case file moves through the different levels of bureacracy in South Block. The amount of red tap involved. Then the file needs to be sent to the Finance ministry for their approval.

If IAF and DRDO use Air India Boeing 777 , a lot of precious time will be saved . Capex will also be saved which can then be ploughed back into other capital procurements .

It's a win win solution for both the DRDO and the IAF . I mean this is just excellent.

With the money saved, we can go for six sparsely used ex Armee de laid A330 MRTT with a residual life of 30 years.

We get 6 Awacs I acs.
We get 6 MRTT
We shave off atleast three years from the awacs project .
We save lots of cash.

Awesome.

Tuco

Country flag
So an accute paucity of funds has forced our hand. We will now be using Air India Boeing 777 for our Project India AWACS . But the good news is the project is finally moving forward.

https://m-hindustantimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/m.hindustantimes.com/india-news/six-new-eyes-in-the-sky-for-iaf-to-be-built-by-drdo-on-air-india-planes/story-aMZzLNsbLwqeLPH3rfooWN_amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D

Air India has 2 Boeing 777-200 LR and 13 Boeing 777 300 ER. So the six acs will be taken from this fleet.

This is actually a blessing in disguise. We are all aware of the blistering fast speeds in which a procurement case file moves through the different levels of bureacracy in South Block. The amount of red tap involved. Then the file needs to be sent to the Finance ministry for their approval.

If IAF and DRDO use Air India Boeing 777 , a lot of precious time will be saved . Capex will also be saved which can then be ploughed back into other capital procurements .

It's a win win solution for both the DRDO and the IAF . I mean this is just excellent.

With the money saved, we can go for six sparsely used ex Armee de laid A330 MRTT with a residual life of 30 years.

We get 6 Awacs I acs.
We get 6 MRTT
We save lots of cash.

Awesome.
Yeah this is all good, but you know our Babudom! They can create a problem if they want to. Modifying older platforms would save a minimum of 4 years. Hopefully the decision makers move quickly.

Deadtrap

Country flag

We get 6 Awacs I acs.
We get 6 MRTT
We save lots of cash.

Awesome.
B772 and 773 are too huge just for the role of AWACS. It should play more than one role. Tanker + AWACS maybe.

Cheran

Country flag
India today carried out testfiring of two Prithvi-2 ballistic missiles off the coast of Odisha in Balasore. The trials of the DRDO-developed missiles were successful: Sources via ANI

So not 1 but 2

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Ya....we should not share sensitive ....infos
Bdw some times I come across many infos ...but share only some....
This isn't sensitive by any stretch of the imagination.

Had I posted a pic of a Su30MKI carrying a Rudram3 missile in its centreline station, you can say that it was sensitive and shouldn't be shared.

What we like to call sensitive is out there in the world wide web. People need to know where to look to get that stuff. And our beloved friends are already aware of them.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
SFC conducted a user trial of Prithvi 2 missile at around 7:07 pm

PS- It's a cover for something else. PIB or DRDO hasn't released any pics.

Also Prithvi 2 is used a test mule for proving out new tech. Guidance warhead propulsion sub modules.

Articles