DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Not directly related to our DRDO.

Putting the experimental solid fuelled ramjet engine through its paces.

Eo0FgU4XcAAgz_O.jpeg

Eo0FkE-XYAAzlV6.jpeg

Eo0FnP2XEAISZNr.png

This was way back in 2015. This initial series of tests must have paved the way for the JV between NPO and DRDO on ducted solid ramjets.

This particular ramjet being tested here is meant for the R-77ME .

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Anybody knows if real CIWS are this pathetic against maneuvering targets?..

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ok no worries guys , I found the said pic of Nazi symbol - " hooked cross " ( never call it Swastika ) on sistine chapel. ( Just use forum search function hooked cross / porky_kicker to find and use it . )

View attachment 70260

Anyways back to defence matters

View attachment 70261

Let me reveal the information that you guys have been speculating on for years but was off mark by a considerable distance. I knew it but didn't not reveal it as I didn't want to.

Anyways

DRDO has been specifically using " KALI 200 " system since many years back to validate and test core technologies for weapon grade directed energy systems.

KALI series comes under BARC but KALI 200 involved DRDO

Please understand the above is not a weapon but a platform to test technologies to eventually develop a weapon grade version . AFAIK the technologies has reached the desired maturity and a weapon grade directed energy HPM will be available for testing within 2 years max .

Also miniaturisation of the technologies in the above pic ( eg coaxial vircator etc ) will be the basis of the Indian non nuclear EMP bomb .
I though that drdo will test MILO based HPM.

sorcerer

Country flag

porky_kicker

Country flag
I though that drdo will test MILO based HPM.
Reposting what I wrote when I broke the news on MILO

" The pic below is a Indian experimental lab model of S band magnetically insulated line oscillator (MILO) for generating HPM ( high power microwave ) pulses.

Ad7.53.35.jpg

Generally MILO is a cross field device that generates gigawatts level of HPM. The device is compact because it generates the magnetic field by itself.

In the above experimental lab setup with the compact S band MILO with 2 choke, 3 SWS cavities and one coupling cavity , RF output power of 4 MW at a frequency of 3.26GHz for the beam voltage of 485 KV and the current of 48.4 KA was obtained.

The significance of MILO lies in its ability to deliver highest energy per mass per pulse compared to other HPM source devices/technologies.

And importantly MILO allows for smallest possible dimensions for a HPM weapon system along with the relevant support systems , light and compact enough to make it mobile ie truck / trailer / track mounted for battlefield operations.

According to unclassified reports the Americans tested mobile MILO devices with RF energy levels well over 1KJ per pulse ( 2-3 GW for .5-1us ).

AFAIK to the above system If a explosively pumped FCG or MHD is added and necessary miniaturisation is done in order to fit into a form factor of say a 500 kg bomb , one will possible get a very powerful EMP bomb strong enough to destroy all electrical and electronic equipments in a area as large as mumbai. "

Now decide for yourself .

Ad01.18.04.jpg

Here RF generator is vircator ( the cylindrical drum behind the conical antenna )

Ad7.53.35.jpg

Here RF generator is MILO

Multiple technologies need to be developed and tested to gain core knowledge and to determine the suitability of the same . Test data generated helps to formulate the operational parameters of systems one is looking to build for real life use at operational level. Both of them are lab prototypes for a reason. And there other other RF generator technologies other than these 2 , which are under study as well by civilian agencies.

And importantly I never said drdo is going to use this or that technology , I implied the possibility only.

Last edited:

Articles