DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
I have a question

Akash MK1S = Akash with seeker ( S )

Then what is Akash Prime ?

I think it is Akash MK1S with more range , I remember reading that by adding additives to the propellant , the range of Akash can be increased to 45 km .

Tuco

Country flag
I have a question

I think it is Akash MK1S with more range , I remember reading that by adding additives to the propellant , the range of Akash can be increased to 45 km .
May be it has design changes/introduction of new motors and stuff, speculating based on introduction of AGNI prime which was kind of an experimental vehicle which introduced composites and other improvements to AGNI series.

Tuco

Country flag
Looks like this one is the ground launched version of the air launched drone ( or maybe a entirely different drone )

If former is true then it will be used to validate and refine the aerodynamics and flight control system etc before moving onto the air launched version

View attachment 70080

Eg in the air launched version the wings will be foldable. The ones above look fixed.
This is the swarm drone to be used from Jags right.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I have a question

Bro ....that report says Akash prime will cover. More altitude......it might be akash ng.....bdw no clarity on it.....
Our naming culture is something extra ordinary
The mwf is still LCA iaf mk2 .....and Arjun mk1a is still Arjun mk2 .... officially

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw work on swift uav (td of ghtak(aura) ucav is in full progress
You can expect first flight in next year

it's a 1 ton uav ...will be powered by a Russian engine /. Or with a desi engine (probably)

Ujjain

Country flag
I have a question

Someone told me that "prime" is the one optimised for high altitude and ofcourse with somewhat greater range.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
@porky_kicker
Bhai what will be the range of vlsrsam ....
Some says it has a range of 30 km
They say 30% of max range of air range version

30% of 110 = 33 km

Bdw
Isareli Spyder sr uses python 5 and derby
And has has a range of 15 km and 9 km altitude

Isareli Spyder mr uses the same missile with boosters and it's a vertical lunched system and has range of 50 km and altitude 16 km
How it's possible ....
Our vlsrsam uses the same astra missile with boosters.....so atleast we can expect a range of <30 km and lunch altitude < 9 km
I mean atleast better than Spyder sr sam ,which uses derby a 50 km ranged missile

Karthi

Country flag
8.jpg
9.jpg

DRDO Stealth management GTIRSS system

This is an active Infrared Signature Suppression system that combines the advantages of passive Eductor-Diffuser system with the advanced cooling obtained from seawater mist injection into the exhaust flow.

Tridev123

Country flag
A MWIR optical sight with a range of 1200 km for tracking has been developed
That is awfully long ranged.
1200 km for an optical sight. The natural curvature of the earth will limit the range?.
Not an over the horizon radar.
Trust the figure is right?.

To be carried by an airborne aircraft I guess.
We are probably giving the F35 sensors some competition.

Tridev123

Country flag
A MWIR optical sight with a range of 1200 km for tracking has been developed
That is awfully long ranged.
1200 km for an optical sight. The natural curvature of the earth will limit the range?.
Not an over the horizon radar.
Trust the figure is right?.

To be carried by an airborne aircraft I guess.
We are probably giving the F35 sensors some competition.

Tridev123

Country flag
May be it will be used in satellite.
There are usually two types of orbits used by satellites.
Geostationary with height (altitude) around 36,000 km above the earth and
Low Earth orbit (around 500 km above the earth). There are other types of orbits also. But cloud cover is a barrier for satellites to get images. SAR satellites solve this problem. Like our RISAT satellites.

We can only guess about the usage of the MWIR sensor until we have more information.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There are usually two types of orbits used by satellites.
Geostationary with height (altitude) around 36,000 km above the earth and
Low Earth orbit (around 500 km above the earth). There are other types of orbits also. But cloud cover is a barrier for satellites to get images. SAR satellites solve this problem. Like our RISAT satellites.

We can only guess about the usage of the MWIR sensor until we have more information.
MWIR sensors are usually used in Long range tracking as they suffer less environmental distortion.

Chinmoy

Country flag
They could have just got into an arrangement with QNU instead of reinventing the wheel saving some money in the process. If a particular technology is already present in the country customize it, this also will help tech startups. If this was done by private competing company I can understand.
QNU provides system independent commercial solution.
DRDO was hardware & protocol specific.

Articles