DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
DRDO chief.
Final clearance is issued after clearences from multiple concerned associated with the program are received. If false representation is involved in one of the clearances than the onus lies on the person who issued the said clearance.

As I said something is seriously wrong with nirbhay program , IB AND RAW best start working on it.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Same Indian presstitudes who are reporting nirbhay failure are the same ones who reported the deployment of nirbhay near the border 🤣
I assume few batches of Nirbhay with 36MT turbojet engine have been deployed.

So the missile design is sound and robust but we are having problems with the stfe now. Meaning if we need large nos of Nirbhay we can series produce it with the NPO Saturn engine.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I assume few batches of Nirbhay with 36MT turbojet engine have been deployed.

So the missile design is sound and robust but we are having problems with the stfe now. Meaning if we need large nos of Nirbhay we can series produce it with the NPO Saturn engine.
Didn't stock of 36mt engines run out long ago , which is why DRDO had to use PTAE engine for subsequent nirbhay tests

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Do u seriously believe an engine which is not cleared ground trials . .will be used with a missile....
Bdw I don't say Hemant rout is wrong...
Bdw do you guys remember .....once Hemant rout reported .....mica missile tested from su30
.... though in that time Rafale was fired a missile ......
I. Am still in doubt....I believe Rafale fired mica ..but he got a wrong news .......or ...

I am not a an expert but what I know..when missile doesn't follow s its path ....and go away from its zone....then kill switch is used ..to destroy it

Chinmoy

Country flag
Would the mmw seeker it's rumoured to have help, but does the radar have a way to classify whether a missile flying towards it is a harm or something else. How does it decide to switch off cause there is a possibility of dummy missiles being fired at it.
Only low frequency detection radar which generally works in L band are ones which are kept running for detection purpose. The high frequency search and track radars are not generally kept open unless they are tracking a target.
Now when they would be kept open for tracking and targeting purpose, they could get targeted by ARM. So its a Cat and Mouse game in between RADAR and Target. RADARS do generally sweep a area and then are gets switched off.
With a initial guidance of the target RADAR, the missile could be fired in the general position. The moment the RADAR gets switch on again, the passive homer could home in into the target. The mmW seeker could act as the secondary sensor in end game which would be hard to jam.

Illusive

Country flag
DRDO successfully tested half a dozen systems in the last 2 weeks and you're getting upset about one snag :frown:
I think it more to do with this project being a continuous snag, I don't think any 1 us expect success in any other new project. But this project needs to be carefully scrutinized. Should wait for a complete report to jumping to conclusions, if they release it.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
sir, please educate us in simple English.

in laymen terms, what is this project all about :notsure:

our porkis friends lurking on this forum will not understand such high technical language. thats why u need to explain in easy language

:laugh: :laugh:
It's about creating a remote sensing satellite with EO assembly which would have SWIR (Short Wave InfraRed) sensor and VNIR (Visible & Near Infra-Red) sensor for surveillance purpose.

Chinmoy

Country flag
But not Nirbhay. There might as well be external agents that are trying to sabotage this project from inside.
Nirbahy missile in itself is more complex or at par with developing a plane. Its not something simple like a BM to achieve.

Bajirao

Country flag
Drdo should develop a long range lfrj missile...enough of this nirbhay drama..
Lfrj will be little costly but atleast a reality and ade should be merged with ada to give boost in jet and drone devlopment....

johnq

If they are having trouble with the Manik engine, they can still use the Russian engine for now to churn out more missiles. The Nirbhay's previous test (with the Russian engine) was a success. An air-launched Nirbhay missile with 1000 km range would be very useful for destroying targets deeper in Chinese territory. Meanwhile they can simultaneously keep working on the Manik engine to sort its problems out.

Akula

Country flag
After every failed nirbhay test we hear the same thing of repeating the test in few months only to see it after a year and half. Hope it is not the case this time.
Test should be conducted in a period of 6 months or even less.

Articles