DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Maybe glitch with the new engine ..
2 most useless labs GTRE and ADE lol .

i think this time nirbhay missile was tested with manik engine for first time.

half glass full - the manik engine took off and had a good flight for 8 minutes.

left media is portraying as if this missile is useless. they are selectively excluding the part where the test was conducted with new manik engine

porky_kicker

Country flag
It flew for 8 minutes , means booster seperation happened , and the engine kicked it and the wings deployed and the missile missile flew for close to 7 minutes before self destruct was initiated.

Could be a software glitch or the missile lost flight control during waypoint navigation.

porky_kicker

Country flag
i think this time nirbhay missile was tested with manik engine for first time.

half glass full - the manik engine took off and had a good flight for 8 minutes.

left media is portraying as if this missile is useless. they are selectively excluding the part where the test was conducted with new manik engine
Many of them are porky handles masquerading as Indians as usual in addition to the congis leftists mullahs etc.

Sometimes I feel that nirbhay program is being sabotaged deliberately. IB and RAW need to scrutinize the people involved in the nirbhay program.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
When Pakistan can reverse-engineer Harpoon into cruise missiles, and we still struggle to make a basic cruise missile fly :frusty:
These incompetent organizations sucking taxpayers money while hiring 8th fail fake degree engineers from South Indian colleges need to be closed.
Whoa whoa....easy on that south part....:nono::mad2:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
When Pakistan can reverse-engineer Harpoon into cruise missiles, and we still struggle to make a basic cruise missile fly :frusty:
These incompetent organizations sucking taxpayers money while hiring 8th fail fake degree engineers from South Indian colleges need to be closed.
sir ji, i would expect someone like you to be the last person to fall for propaganda. :)

i think the missile was tested with manik engine for first time. but it still flew for 8 minutes. now they will eat biryani, and come back tomorrow, figure out what went wrong, fix it and text again in a month or so

Mikel

Country flag
DRDO successfully tested half a dozen systems in the last 2 weeks and you're getting upset about one snag :frown:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
It flew for 8 minutes , means booster seperation happened , and the engine kicked it and the wings deployed and the missile missile flew for close to 7 minutes before self destruct was initiated.

Could be a software glitch or the missile lost flight control during waypoint navigation.
Ya most probably problem with navigation system ... missile didn't follow the pre defined path....

Arihant Roy

Country flag
40 qrsam missiles are in production.....
It will be better if instead of posting these info in a piecemeal manner you make a single post where all the missiled that are currently under production will be mentioned under a single head

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Whoa whoa....easy on that south part....:nono::mad2:
My bad 😅

sir ji, i would expect someone like you to be the last person to fall for propaganda.

i think the missile was tested with manik engine for first time. but it still flew for 8 minutes. now they will eat biryani, and come back tomorrow, figure out what went wrong, fix it and text again in a month or so
What propaganda? The news that the test failed is propaganda?

We cut these incompetent suckers of PSUs and labs too much slack.
  • We cannot yet develop a small turbine engine on our own, let alone Kaveri. Microturbines at the size of my palm are being manufactured & used to RC hobby jets, yet we cannot make one with all the funding and research.

• DRDO develops a fucking quadcopter and calls it revolutionary (and yet somehow still takes like 10 years to do so). We are struggling to make fly basic lightweight drones like Tapas and Rustom :doh: Even engineering-college clubs are making such drones.

• Our esteemed OFB cannot yet manufacture a good fucking assault rifle (neither MG nor Sniper rifle) without them looking like something made by Naxals in extempore.
Do I need to go on? The technologies DRDO/HAL/ADRE/GTRE are struggling with are very basic industrial-level manufacturing.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LMAO imagine the confidence of scientists working in ADE couldn't even get major success since their establishment.

Karthi

Country flag
lol.jpeg

Another test in few months . Does the engine failed to sustain the thrust ??

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
DRDO successfully tested half a dozen systems in the last 2 weeks and you're getting upset about one snag :frown:
It's not about one snag, it's about failing to properly develop even basic technology for the amount of money, time, and technological resources put into the project.

We are sending rockets to Mars, all cool, however, we cannot develop a decent UAV that flys? That is what is ridiculous. The Rustom UAV program is all jokes, just like this Nirbhay project.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
It will be better for ADE to design a brand new cruise missile instead of trying to rectify defects in the Nirbhay.

I remember that there were glitches in the navigation and guidance system even before and these had already been rectified . So how come do we again have glitches in the guidance system?

And we are in the 21st century. No one designs developed lacm alcm with cylindrical fuselages without any faceting or lo measures. This would have been okay had we been designing Nirbhay in the 80s or even 90s. Standing in 2020 this isn't acceptable. Although Nirbhay project started way back in 2008 .

And if we need to deploy a Nirbhay type system today we should go for a limited purchase of either the Kalibr missile.

Or try to iron out the defects in Nirbhay without deploying the missile in any meaningful nos today. And wait for another two three years.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
My bad 😅

What propaganda? The news that the test failed is propaganda?

We cut these incompetent suckers of PSUs and labs too much slack.
  • We cannot yet develop a small turbine engine on our own, let alone Kaveri. Microturbines at the size of my palm are being manufactured & used to RC hobby jets, yet we cannot make one with all the funding and research.

• DRDO develops a fucking quadcopter and calls it revolutionary (and yet somehow still takes like 10 years to do so). We are struggling to make fly basic lightweight drones like Tapas and Rustom :doh: Even engineering-college clubs are making such drones.

• Our esteemed OFB cannot yet manufacture a good fucking assault rifle (neither MG nor Sniper rifle) without them looking like something made by Naxals in extempore.
Do I need to go on? The technologies DRDO/HAL/ADRE/GTRE are struggling with are very basic industrial-level manufacturing.
i agree and i feel your anger and rant.

the missile most likely failed because it probably took off with manik engine for first time.

in the first testing itself, we are not expecting perfections are we?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Many of them are porky handles masquerading as Indians as usual in addition to the congis leftists mullahs etc.

Sometimes I feel that nirbhay program is being sabotaged deliberately. IB and RAW need to scrutinize the people involved in the nirbhay program.
Last time I heard that this project was monitored closely by USA and Russia so don't be surprised if in coming days we may see articles pitching klub or tomahawk missile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles