DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 43182

Kya chutiyapa hai yeh ?

Morons don't have the brains to even develop a proper mount .

They simply took the naval AK630 gun and mount and installed it on a truck.

Only thing they developed is the covering of the mount

Fucking morons

Even 10 year old kids will come up with a better solution .

How hard is it to modify the feed mechanism , simply change the vertical feed lines to work horizontally , then install the gun and it's firing mechanism on a redesigned sleeker shorter conformal mount with integrated EO / radar FCS.

View attachment 43183

Look at the diagram , one does not even need to modify the feed mechanism, cooling and related control systems , simply move it out and house it in a separate adjacent section !

Seriously it's best not to expect anything good from these leeches.

View attachment 43184

Compare the OFB crap CIWS with L&T Sudarshan CIWS

Thank god it was not displayed during defexpo.
Whole world would have died laughing.
is l&t making ciws with foreign collaboration.

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
L&T subsurface Radars.

L&T has developed the following radars for ground and sub-surface applications:-

Ground Penetrating Radars

L&T has designed and developed a state-of-the-art ground penetrating radar. This system is extremely compact and can be engineered to fit either ahead of vehicles/tanks or can be towed. The system can detect metal and non-metal objects up to a depth of 4M in all types of soil conditions and snow. The system utilises high-end algorithms enabling the user to see the image of the object and also provide 3D positioning of the object.

Dual Technology Mine Detector

DTMD (Dual Technology Mine Detector) is a hand-held sensor system combining a conventional metal detector of high sensitivity and a Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for detection of buried landmines. The equipment has been specially developed by Larsen & Toubro for military applications as well as for humanitarian de-mining operations. The conventional metal detector provides audio alarms on presence of metallic objects. The Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has been integrated with the metal detector for detection of non-metallic mines which are increasingly being deployed currently to avoid detection. The equipment is designed to provide audio and video indications on presence of both metallic and non-metallic mines in different types of soil with very low probability of false alarms.
FB_IMG_1581690620825.jpg

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
L&T subsurface Radars.

L&T has developed the following radars for ground and sub-surface applications:-

Ground Penetrating Radars

L&T has designed and developed a state-of-the-art ground penetrating radar. This system is extremely compact and can be engineered to fit either ahead of vehicles/tanks or can be towed. The system can detect metal and non-metal objects up to a depth of 4M in all types of soil conditions and snow. The system utilises high-end algorithms enabling the user to see the image of the object and also provide 3D positioning of the object.

Dual Technology Mine Detector

DTMD (Dual Technology Mine Detector) is a hand-held sensor system combining a conventional metal detector of high sensitivity and a Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) for detection of buried landmines. The equipment has been specially developed by Larsen & Toubro for military applications as well as for humanitarian de-mining operations. The conventional metal detector provides audio alarms on presence of metallic objects. The Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has been integrated with the metal detector for detection of non-metallic mines which are increasingly being deployed currently to avoid detection. The equipment is designed to provide audio and video indications on presence of both metallic and non-metallic mines in different types of soil with very low probability of false alarms.View attachment 43205
Cheetos seller radar :troll:

These days I don't even have to prove my point, Government agencies keep embarrassing themselves.
Sarkari Babus must receive a well deserved kick in the balls to awaken their sense of responsibility.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
All Weather Low Level Air Defence Weapon Control System .

The all weather low-level Air Defence Weapon Control system is a combination of Radar, Computer and Display that deals with the threat of hostile ECM protected air missions at tree top level. It is a highly mobile land based autonomous search cum track radar which meets the ever increasing threat from low flying high-speed aircrafts. It has all weather capability with timely detection, very accurate and unambiguous tracking, fast prediction of lead angles and built in counter-counter measures.

FEATURES

Early detection and fast acquisition.

Air Search in ‘I’ band and acquisition in ‘I’ & ‘Ka’ bands.

Dual Band ‘I’ and ‘Ka’ - tracking.

Computer assisted parallax calculation and ballistic data generation.

Track While Scan upto 3 targets.

Colour Raster Scan Display with PPI and TV picture.

Tactical map presentation through Data Input Unit.

Communication between system operator and gun.

Built in ECCM.
FB_IMG_1581762225099.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
AddT.jpg

Now I was thinking what if

HAVA lifting body hypersonic vehicle with integrated scramjet propulsion flying at 7 mach is optimised into a weaponized version with necessary aerodynamic changes , greater speeds and better operational parameters and mounted onto a suitable 2 stage solid booster then we will have on our hands a very potent, capable and accurate tactical / strategic weapon system both for very long range anti ship role , counter force targeting and obviously counter value targeting that too with high level of survivability against any current or future BMD.

Possibly in the future drdo will come up with such a system

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
View attachment 43231

HAVA lifting body hypersonic vehicle with integrated scramjet propulsion flying at 7 mach is optimised into a weaponized version with necessary aerodynamic changes , greater speeds and better operational parameters and mounted onto a suitable 2 stage solid booster then we will have on our hands a very potent, capable and accurate tactical / strategic weapon system both for very long range anti ship role , counter force targeting and obviously counter value targeting that too with high level of survivability against any current or future BMD.

Just wait, in the future drdo will come up with such a system
What would be the warhead weight for this?

porky_kicker

Country flag
images.jpeg

Something like this df17 , thought according to open source the hypersonic vehicle is unpowered glider.

ISRO one has integrated scramjet propulsion so it will be better in flight and maneuvering characteristics as a powered hypersonic glide vehicle with warhead.

But it depends wheather there is interest in such a weapon system

Anyways I always had a sneaking suspicion that ISRO many times ended up testing pioneering technology for DRDO.

porky_kicker

Country flag
What would be the warhead weight for this?
Warhead weight ?

No way to guess

Half a ton would be a workable payload IMO for a drdo designed HAVA type vehicle

Weapon systems are designed around required parameters like payload capacity , range , speed , SWaP constraints etc

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No idea

Pure guess, anywhere between 2 -10 tons maybe
I’m confused.

Bhai, in your “what if” scenario you have a Hypersonic glide vehicle which has 2-10 tonnes warhead?

What is it hitting?

porky_kicker

Country flag
I’m confused.

Bhai, in your “what if” scenario you have a Hypersonic glide vehicle which has 2-10 tonnes warhead?

What is it hitting?
Bro I missread your question

I thought you were asking about the weight of ISRO HAVA

I corrected my earlier answer after I realised my mistake

Atcjurvin

View attachment 43231

Possibly in the future drdo will come up with such a system
From where does isro gets alloy. from drdo or they have their own department.

porky_kicker

Country flag
From where does isro gets alloy. from drdo or they have their own department.
No idea

I know they collaborate with research institutions and orgs like barc etc

There are lots of civilian institutions doing work on metallurgy . I can't even remember the names

Indx TechStyle or others will know about isro related stuff . You should ask in isro thread . Maybe you will get the answer there

Atcjurvin

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles