DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Textile based metamaterials for radar absorption that can be used as uniforms for personnel and skirtings or coverings for ground vehicles.

Transparent metamaterial absorbers have been developed for vehicular windshields or canopy of slow aircrafts.

Aside from soldier uniforms and cover for ground vehicles, researchers are now developing a more robust version of the metamaterial for high-speed aircraft and “switchable metamaterials for active camouflage applications.”

Stealth fighter aircraft use different concepts and heavy ceramic ferrites for achieving stealth. Metamaterial-based absorbers held the promise of lightweight, ultra-thin and flexible materials that could be applied literally on any surface to give the required properties at radar frequencies, infra-red frequencies or even optical frequencies.

Researchers at IIT-Kanpur have been working on this material since 2010. The material has been lab-tested, now they will proceed towards field testing it.

ghhjjjjj.jpeg

ghjjj.jpeg

DtfkFQnVYAIyaQI.jpeg

Expand the 3rd pic , i contains lot of info

porky_kicker

Country flag
Another thing about the porky tank getting anti thermal paint and people worrying over it .

I cannot say anything about the sensors of T72, T90

But i will 99.99% guarantee that Nag ATGM IR seeker will see the al khalida tank even if the tank is drowned in anti thermal paint.

Refer to previous posts of mine on Nag seeker capabilities to understand why , that is if you want to know.

AnantS

Country flag
^ hey thanks for that pic, has that ever been trialled? Is it purely IITM initiative? Are they participating in defexpo?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Drdo MCS multi-spectral camouflage netting

Reduces thermal, radar, optical signature
This is not the bloody MCS... Everybody is misquoting it everywhere!
It's just a frigging jhillie net with strips of cloth tied to it.
baa4c80d1efb21ac2f14586335fcb6bc_wmk.jpeg

A superior camouflage than this joke...
IMG_20200130_103329.jpg

But the body is totally exposed. It will provide decent visual camouflage, but won't cover any signatures.

MCS is a thick blanket that muffles the IR & Thermal radiation. It's like a sheet, hiding all of the metal.
102e9d86d12da1b435540f8698df8c76.jpg
You can see if you look closely the low definition photo of the MCS wearing T-90. There are wrinkles & folds like a sheet draped over the tank.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles