DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Indian Army to reduce orders of sniper rifles by about 70%
Economic Times

20th November, 2019

The Indian Army plans to buy just 1,800 state-of-the-art sniper riflesand 2.7 million rounds of ammunition -- less than a third of its total requirement -- driven by budgetary constraints and the need to speed up deliveries, people with knowledge of the matter said.
The military pruned its original requirement of 5,720 sniper rifles and 10 million rounds of ammunition, which would have cost $140 million.

Indian Army spokesman Aman Anand said he had no comment to offer on the change in procurement plans.

Indian Army’s previous efforts to buy 5,720 sniper rifles in a process that began in Feb. 2018 was scrapped in July this year after four vendors, including the U.S.-based Barrett, Indonesia’s PT Pindad and Russia’s Rosoboronexport, failed to meet technical requirements, such as technology transfers for manufacturing the ammunition by local industry.

Tuco

Country flag
View attachment 41794

Interesting information ................... ...

This one is more or less surprising for me

Anyways on a different system
What i dearly want to know is what the heck is a " hybrid air water missile "
Air-launched rocket assisted torpedo?

Vertical tail-less aircraft, something like below ?

Attachments

Pret

Country flag
A scaled-down model of a tailless stealth aircraft? Sounds like SWIFT

porky_kicker

Country flag
A scaled-down model of a tailless stealth aircraft? Sounds like SWIFT
No

It is a research project to test concept of aircraft without vertical tail for increased stealth. Or something like that.

It has no connection with SWIFT . SWIFT is not a research project . It is a defacto TD .

porky_kicker

Country flag
Air-launched rocket assisted torpedo?
Don't think so

I missed the ballistic ,

it was named as " hybrid air water ballistic missile "

I think ( total assumption ) it is a missile which transitions in water and atmosphere.
What if it is a type of underwater launched missile which when ejected from a submarine silo does not exit the water into the air directly as in a conventional SLBM but travels within the water for a longer time ( as in a horizontal flight path ) and then breaks the water surface to fly in the atmosphere, let's say 100 km away from the point of ejection from the submarine silo.

Advantages are many in this type of concept.

And i this this assumption of mine makes sense with regard what the " hybrid air water ballistic missile " is actually about.

@Chinmoy
This idea actually makes sense if you ask me

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't think so

I missed the ballistic ,

it was named as " hybrid air water ballistic missile "

I think ( total assumption ) it is a missile which transitions in water and atmosphere.
What if it is a type of underwater launched missile which when ejected from a submarine silo does not exit the water into the air directly as in a conventional SLBM but travels within the water for a longer time ( as in a horizontal flight path ) and then breaks the water surface to fly in the atmosphere, let's say 100 km away from the point of ejection from the submarine silo.

Advantages are many in this type of concept.

And i this this assumption of mine makes sense with regard what the " hybrid air water ballistic missile " is actually about.

This idea actually makes sense if you ask me
is it under study..................

porky_kicker

Country flag
is it under study..................
Yeah along with other projects like exoskeleton , portable jet pack , Quantum communication etc

Since it is known that exoskeleton project is under PMO , it can be presumed all projects under that group is also under PMO. this says the importance of the projects. All are basically research projects to research develop and then test feasibility in labs. Based on that TD etc will be sanctioned . It is not necessary all the projects will fructify into real life military applications.

IndianHawk

Country flag
View attachment 41794

Interesting information ................... ...

This one is more or less surprising for me

Anyways on a different system
What i dearly want to know is what the heck is a " hybrid air water missile "
6th gen concepts . May be they want to test RCS by a small demonstrator. Or they want to simultaneously research on 6th gen concepts to bridge the gap once amca is done .

porky_kicker

Country flag
porky_kicker do u have any idea of hidden capabilities of k4 missile as earlier you stated that it has finsView attachment 41802
First question

How many stages does K4 have ?

Also those pictures i include in spoilers , kindly do the same when you repost them .
There is a reason for that . No point spreading it around

Articles