DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Pret

Country flag
With ships like VC1184, TDV, and FTR, India will be able to kickstart phase-2 testing i.e. actual midcourse interceptions.
Not sure if TDV is gonna have MF-STAR, but it will definitely have an S-band radar and EOTS

Akula

Country flag
Smart bombs, futuristic combat vehicle in pipeline: OFB head

NAGPUR: Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is planning to introduce `smart bombs' and would soon roll out a "Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle" made for the Indian Army, a top official said here on Saturday.

The first-ever conference of employees of 41 ordnance factories in the country is being held at the National Academy for Defence Production at Ambajhari near here.

Director General Ordnance Factories and Chairman Ordnance Factories Board Hari Mohan told reporters that the conference would focus on "themes important for the transformation of ordnance factories into modern and business-oriented organisations".

Ordnance factories were also planning to manufacture `smart bombs' or guided artillery ammunition rounds of 81mm, 51mm, 120mm and 130mm caliber, he informed.

A "Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle" for the Indian Army was also in the works, he added.

"OFB started manufacturing Armoured Personal Carriers for the army from 1983-84. But now the OFB has developed its own Futuristic Infantry Combat (FIC) Vehicle for the army," he said.

"It is almost 85 percent ready. In coming months the FIC will be fully ready and exhibited in the next Defence exhibition," Mohan added.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...in-pipeline-ofb-head/articleshow/73205235.cms
Is there any chance that private companies who are participating in FICV project will show there prototypes, along with OFB?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Smart bombs, futuristic combat vehicle in pipeline: OFB head

NAGPUR: Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is planning to introduce `smart bombs' and would soon roll out a "Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle" made for the Indian Army, a top official said here on Saturday.

The first-ever conference of employees of 41 ordnance factories in the country is being held at the National Academy for Defence Production at Ambajhari near here.

Director General Ordnance Factories and Chairman Ordnance Factories Board Hari Mohan told reporters that the conference would focus on "themes important for the transformation of ordnance factories into modern and business-oriented organisations".

Ordnance factories were also planning to manufacture `smart bombs' or guided artillery ammunition rounds of 81mm, 51mm, 120mm and 130mm caliber, he informed.

A "Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle" for the Indian Army was also in the works, he added.

"OFB started manufacturing Armoured Personal Carriers for the army from 1983-84. But now the OFB has developed its own Futuristic Infantry Combat (FIC) Vehicle for the army," he said.

"It is almost 85 percent ready. In coming months the FIC will be fully ready and exhibited in the next Defence exhibition," Mohan added.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...in-pipeline-ofb-head/articleshow/73205235.cms
Highly doubt the capabilities of ofb
There are more into screwgiri of foreign tech

But i would love to be proved wrong

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Highly doubt the capabilities of ofb
There are more into screwgiri of foreign tech

But i would love to be proved wrong
They probably meant DRDO is developing those & they'll build... Like they recently came up with AAA to replace Bofors L-70 & ZSU-23-2, in conjunction with the Armament Research and Development (Pune).

Manish Singh

Country flag
TDV is a missile tracking ship- confirmed

With Vikrant getting all the attention, the TDV was conveniently ignored. I received these pics today and I was surprised to see a weird structure (pointed by a red arrow) on the TDV. It's clearly a support structure of a radar array i.e. this is where the antenna of radar goes. It's significantly larger than the two similar structures present on the Vikrant, also visible in both pictures. While it's clear that it's a radar ship, the presence of A-frame indicates that this ship could be stationed downrange to assist debris recovery. Dr.Y.Srinivasa Rao is the project director of 'Ship No. 20', he is scientist-G at Research Centre Immarath, DRDO, Hyderabad. He is also associated with Program AD (PGAD) i.e. Indian BMD.
https://mark20x.blogspot.com/2018/07/technology-demonstration-vessel-or-atv.html
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/drdo-and-psu-news-and-discussion.55/page-284

Attachments

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Dang it

I posted about it 2 years ago myself and then forgot all about it

7664722_1529663224720_pngae06da88535f2631618b4eecc3d2c67f.png

7664723_1529663305975_jpeg3bebbedec167e5d2fdb4d872ba4bc0f4.jpeg

New radar under development - dual panel long range multifunction radar ( LRMFR )

This one seems to be for BMD and long range air defence.

Even ASAT support maybe ( my guess )

Possibly will be ported to Navy's next generation destroyers.

View attachment 27751

View attachment 27752
DRDO new radar under development - dual panel long range multifunction radar.

View attachment 35424

View attachment 35425

It is a static fixed radar and will work in tandem with the High power radar HPM which are also static fixed radars. Both the
radars will be AESA based.

View attachment 35426

View attachment 35427

My personal feeling is drdo LRMFR is a analogue to long range early warning radars but with additional functionalities.
Anyways thanks for the correction

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 41259

There you have have it K10* with new fan specifically to cater to the demands of stealth aircrafts

110+ KN

Now wait for it to spead all over :playball:
ll.jpg

Can anyone confirm if it is the new engine with 110kn thrust ?

The new fan specifically mentions optimal usage for use in serpentine intakes of stealth aircrafts.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Is this radar similar to MF-STAR radar?
No i dont think so

This is the Indian replacement of French MFCR . it has greater range and capabilities.

You must have heard of radars for BMD coming up in 2 sites . This one is part of it.

It looks like the one in the project 20 ship is a version of land based LRMFR.

Last edited:

Gautam Sarkar

Country flag
View attachment 41603

Can anyone confirm if it is the new engine with 110kn thrust ?

The new fan specifically mentions optimal usage for use in serpentine intakes of stealth aircrafts.
Notice in the tender photo, the red coloured links connected between the outer intake rim and IGV ring ? That's clearly missing in that model. That's a very crucial part I am sure you know. The cylinder(green colour) and piston(deep blue colour) will be used to actuate the IGV ring, which in turn will actuate the IGVs(light blue clour). The dynamic actuation of the IGV will allow for the distortion tolerance capabilities that the new fan was touted to have. So I am not sure if this is a K10 model.
But the exterior is very clean. No random pipes and wires dangling about here and there. This actually looks closer to an final product than any other Kaveri I've seen before(except that dry Kaveri model showcased in Aero India).

Articles