DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
So basically IAF love Rafale so much that this plane is just a copy of Rafale.
IAF is in love with delta wing, there are only limited fighter jet design profiles.

Every new plane is bound to end up looking like something that already exists.

What matters is how much of the design and components are domestic.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
So basically IAF love Rafale so much that this plane is just a copy of Rafale.
Yo ma nigga there is only a limited scope for Wing shape for planes.

Only two shapes Delta and Swept Back wings have stood the test of time so I'm not surprised they went for delta as they already have design experience with Tejas.

I personally prefer swept back wings but I aint complaining.

The only thing that they could have changed was the locations of Air Inlet. They could have placed it below fuselage like the EuroFighter but it is a flawed design in my opinion.

TEDBF is basically a two engine, foldable wing Tejas.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
So more pics
IMG_20200105_184425.jpg
IMG_20200105_184409.jpg

HAL,ADA should deliver now with all the projects AMCA,TejasMK1a ,Mk2 & TEDBF ,it will make a difference from being a regional power dependent on West & Russia or a global player in aerospace technologies

rone

Country flag
So more picsView attachment 41304 View attachment 41305

HAL,ADA should deliver now with all the projects AMCA,TejasMK1a ,Mk2 & TEDBF ,it will make a difference from being a regional power dependent on West & Russia or a global player in aerospace technologies
i think only possible solution convert mk2 and tedbf into same duel engine config it will save development time and logistical nightmare becoz both have same components and have to get prototype before 2025 , otherwise it will stay as cgi fighter or a simple demy model of fan art

varun9509

Country flag

How is ADA so optimistic about the timeline for TEDBF first flight? Doesn't jet design take a very long time? Have they already tested everything, when they showed the design of MCA?
I can understand that MWF can take the amount of time they have said, its just adding Canard (atleast I hope). But now adding canards, as well as twin engine? People always used to say that we will not see a twin engine Tejas. I'm really confused right now.

porky_kicker

Country flag

Did anyone notice that ORCA/TEDBF has DSI intakes ?

ENglVQCUwAAopGK.jpeg

ENglVrlUwAEzTqS.jpg

ENglpJ-U0AIp29M.jpeg

DSI is more prominently noticable in these pictures, this should take care of increased requirement of airflow for the 2 engines along with marginal decrease in RCS.

Last edited:

Kuntal

Country flag
I think the ORCA render that surfaced recently is not official CAD design like what we have seen in case of the MWF , P17 A , P15B . The features that has been shown in the render could be real but the render looks bad though . I suspect it's fan made .

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

porky_kicker

Country flag
I think the ORCA render that surfaced recently is not official CAD design like what we have seen in case of the MWF , P17 A , P15B . The features that has been shown in the render could be real but the render looks bad though . I suspect it's fan made .

From HAL ...........

Not ADA.......

porky_kicker

Country flag
This was first uploaded by H V Thakur in twitter , a test pilot of HAL . Still I suspect it's not the CAD render .

Yes not a ADA CAD design

The renders are more like CGI from HAL

Though i feel ORCA is for airforce and the TEDBF is a clean sheet design unrelated to ORCA . Just my hunch i could be wrong.

Kuntal

Country flag
Yes not a ADA CAD design

The renders are more like CGI

Though i feel ORCA is for airforce and the TEDBF is a clean sheet design unrelated to ORCA . Just my hunch i could be wrong.
Anyway , good to see things are moving forward !! And you may also have noticed a SCALP like cruise missile in the center pylon . Any info on that ? It was also there with the MWF model.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Anyway , good to see things are moving forward !! And you may also have noticed a SCALP like cruise missile in the center pylon . Any info on that ? It was also there with the MWF model.

It was first seen with jaguarmax ........
No idea

Articles