DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Yes this is known to me as well . But would you believe one of the renowned ex DRDO scientist mistakenly revealed that Astra Mk1 features dual pulse rocket motor !!!

And that too to me !! Immediately after that, he deleted the message. But, I took screenshot of his reply ! And I'm not joking [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk
It can also be his mistake towards you, but I think
As you all saw in front of our eyes astra mk-1 went from below 100 km range to above that, I am pretty sure they are upgrading Astra mk-1 and I think the new version of astra will have technologies of SFDR also for example prithvi is now upgrading to be a solid fuel rocket previously from liquid fueled and mind you all it is still known by same iteration.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag

Lakshya 84MM RL Simulator Developed by Indian Army Havaldar Raghvendra Singh Can Save Rs 400 crore a year. Army Design Bureau.

An Indian Army officer Major Anoop Mishra has developed a bullet-proof jacket named 'Sarvatra' which can provide protection to troops from lethal sniper rifle bullets thereby rendering said bullets ineffective. Army Design Bureau.

WolfPack86

Country flag
DRDO reveals India’s 350km XRSAM Air Missile Defence System
DRDO for the first time has revealed details of the upcoming Air Missile Defence System which will be developed by Hyderabad-based Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) which is entrusted to develop a multi-disciplinary Missile System for India’s armed forces. DRDO website now has a section on the XRSAM program where it shared some interesting details along with the first graphics of the upcoming missile system. XRSAM (eXtra Long Range Surface to Air Missile) Weapon system is been developed for the Indian Air Force (IAF) and according to DRDO, IAF has accepted the configuration offered by the DRDO with the capabilities to develop a Long Range Surface to Air Missile Weapon system to neutralize aircraft’s, Sea skimming Anti-ship missiles (AShM) and Ballistic missiles in the terminal stage. DRDO has revealed that XRSAM Air Missile Weapon system will have a range of 350km against targets like Bombers, AWACS and Mid-Air refuellers which usually operate from the depth of its own air space and it will be able to take down fighter size targets at a 250km range which is quite similar to the 48N6E3 Surface to Air Missile system which India will be getting with Russian S-400 advanced air defense systems. DRDO also says that the XRSAM Air Missile Weapon system will also be able to engage Stealth fighters and Ballistic Missile in the terminal stage. XRSAM Air Missile Weapon system will also come in Canister based transportable Truck based launcher system. DRDO is expected to start developmental trials of the new missile system in the next three years, while it preps to start developmental trials of the Akash-NG air defense system to supplement the MR-SAM air defense system developed with Israel. India already has ordered Russian S-400 advanced air defense systems which will comprise 40N6E (400km) and 48N6E3 (250km) Surface to Air Missile system. XRSAM Air Missile Weapon system will supplement and will be slotted in between both S-400 and MR-SAM (70km) in the Indian Air Force. The naval version of the XRSAM for the Indian warships could also be developed to supplement the LR-SAM Anti-Air missile system integrated into major frontline warships.
https://idrw.org/drdo-reveals-indias-350km-xrsam-air-missile-defence-system/

Chinmoy

Country flag
@porky_kicker did OFB design any new anti-aircraft gun?
Buzz is there that OFB did infact drawn out a desi version of ZU-23. They have upgraded it to 30mm while retaining a cyclic rate of 1500rpm. How they have did it or whether they really did it is another matter.
On other hand they have initiated a upgradation of L-70 and existing ZU-23-2B.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Buzz is there that OFB did infact drawn out a desi version of ZU-23. They have upgraded it to 30mm while retaining a cyclic rate of 1500rpm. How they have did it or whether they really did it is another matter.
Based on news available so far, Sputnik just created a rumour. That’s about it.

Sputnik just confused people by saying OFB developed a new gun, but quite possibly OFB is planning to sell new equipment(maybe upgraded) but from old designs.

I will stick with this possibility until some new information comes to the fore, if there is new info it would definitely come up during def expo next year.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Astra mk1 - solid rocket motor ( all the way thrust till burn out )

Astra mk2 - dual pulse rocket motor ( 1st pulse from launch ie boost phase then coasting phase ,then 2nd pulse fired for boost generally at the periphery of NEZ so that the missile performs at its peak kinematic capabilities for end game maneuvers )

Astra mk3 or any other name - SFDR , solid fuel ducted ramjet ( with on demand throttleable thrust during the entire flight phase ie boost coast boost coast boost....... )
Adding a clarification

When it comes to SFDR coast phase is powered but in dual pulse motor coast phase is not powered

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
There is old CAG report which clearly mentions that DRDO Developed numerous types of 30mm AD Gun like
Single barrel
Twin Barrel
Multi Barrel Gatling
Revolver style

But Army said Nyet,

30mm Nahi Mangta, 40mm Nahi Mangta

Dil Mangta 35mm, julie julie, import pe Dil aaya julie

Reinmetal ho ga blacklist julie, phir import hee mangta

porky_kicker

Country flag
L70 upgrade already exists , it's in operational service.

Or did you mean the gun ( firing portion ) ?

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Adding a clarification

When it comes to SFDR coast phase is powered but in dual pulse motor coast phase is not powered
It seems Original Astra MKI & MK2 have been combined into MK1 by giving dual pulse motor to MK1

Ramjet is now MK2, SFDR

But inspite of severe embarrassment in Feb 2019, IAF only ordered Russian missiles & 200 Astra MKI orders is still being considered

porky_kicker

Country flag
It seems Original Astra MKI & MK2 have been combined into MK1 by giving dual pulse motor to MK1

Ramjet is now MK2, SFDR

But inspite of severe embarrassment in Feb 2019, IAF only ordered Russian missiles & 200 Astra MKI orders is still being considered
I don't think so ( personal opinion )

Astra mk1 has solid rocket motor

Astra mk1 has fins on midbody and rear fins

Astra mk2 has dual pulse motor

Astra mk2 has fore fins and rear fins ( i posted CFD pic of the same )

Astra mk3 or whatever they call it will be sfdr based

porky_kicker

Country flag

Ramjet is now MK2, SFDR

s.jpg

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
I this the reusable hypersonic missile which Dr. Kalam talked about, getting into shape?

Articles