DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
what's it then Project star... Also Russia agreeing to Brahmos sales to Philippines, at the cost of angering China, suggests that India is close to mastering Liquid fuelled ramjet technology. Because if India comes up with a Brahmos equivalent with India ramjet engine then Russians won't be making any money..
This lfrj is different from brahmos liquid fuel ramjet .

porky_kicker

Country flag
Model of an unknown missile , not sure if it is a surface to surface missile or a surface to air missile.

Launcher is 6 celled.

I am guessing surface to air missile due to the presence of long chord wings ( which is used to implement high maneuverability ) and immediately followed by folding short fins as control surfaces for additional maneuverability / controllability , interestingly a large section of the immediate rear section is bare of any control surfaces. Quite intriguing design.

Also I don't think it is the AD series interceptors due to the obvious aerodynamic design configuration. Hence the only possible option remaining IMO is the XRSAM. As usual not sure.

View attachment 39729

View attachment 39730

View attachment 39731
@Atcjurvin

jj.JPEG

jkk.JPEG

You were asking about this ?

I was alluding then to the possibility that it could be XRSAM , now since it is confirmed it is not , the question arises which missile is it .

There is a naval Air defense missile using hot launch under development , it could be the land based version of it.

How many missiles is drdo working on really ?

Last edited:

Kuntal

Country flag
STAR looks similar to kh31 asm [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

porky_kicker

Country flag
STAR has 4 intakes, unlike LFRJ CM with 2 intakes. The range of STAR is much lower than 290km Brahmos, and not anywhere nearer to LFRJ's 600km range.
Lets see.......... ........

Drdo website doesnt offer any info except altitude and function

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
@Atcjurvin

View attachment 40980

View attachment 40981

You were asking about this ?

I was alluding then to the possibility that it could be XRSAM , now since it is confirmed it is not , the question arises which missile is it .

There is a naval Air defense missile using hot launch under development , it could be the land based version of it.

How many missiles is drdo working on really ?
This missile looks similar to SM-2 and. SM-3 missiles.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Lets see.......... ........

Drdo website doesnt offer any info except altitude and function
Also IMO it doesn't make sense to change the configuration of the LFRJ engine with original 2 intakes to 4 intakes . it will increase cost and time overhead considerably , duplication of efforts. Design configuration and validation will need to be done from scratch.

I had wind tunnel pics of LFRJ undergoing tests , fuel flow it was i think with two intakes.

There was also a dual mode ramjet scramjet engine , can't recall the exact name of the engine DM... something undergoing tests .

Anyways let's either way no problem as long as program successful

Articles