DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

debspark90

Country flag
That's kind of disappointing to know.

Anyways

I can see arjun in one of the pics

Any interesting pics of Arjun mk2 or related
No just the usual. Although got an opportunity to ride on the Mk1 as they started and moved the turret. I had hoped officials from DRDO to be present for the Mk2 as I had several questions.
But there was only a scaled down model and not much. I even asked about the weight reduction process that is going on, they said it's in the developing stage and they can't say much about it.

Infact most of the officials were either not aware of subtle details about missiles and radars that were out of the public domain details or they were reluctant to say things.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Reached the altitude of 300km in 3 minutes (283 km in 168 to be precise). Can the Gyani folks enlighten me about the BMD applications of it in the Indo-Pak context. Read on the Porki forum that Ghauri took 10 minutes to travel around 1000 km.

Plus found this.

@porky_kicker @Indx TechStyle
Talked about it long back in DFI, but few users were not in agreement.

In case of Pakistan, watch out for the horizontal distance covered and time taken rather then vertical height.

sthf

Country flag
Talked about it long back in DFI, but few users were not in agreement.

In case of Pakistan, watch out for the horizontal distance covered and time taken rather then vertical height.
I vaguely remember that discussion. I think we didn't have the complete information aka the poster then.

Are we talking about depressed trajectory here because the 1000 km and 10 minutes I mentioned are all three phases, boost, mid and terminal combined.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Reached the altitude of 300km in 3 minutes (283 km in 168 to be precise). Can the Gyani folks enlighten me about the BMD applications of it in the Indo-Pak context. Read on the Porki forum that Ghauri took 10 minutes to travel around 1000 km.

Plus found this.

@porky_kicker @Indx TechStyle
Sorry i forgot about your post

Too many things in mind these days.

BMD implications of asat missile ?

IMO the KV section holds much prominence in my opinion

BMD interceptors place priority on extreme speed by design with a limited but still considerable ability to pull lateral G ie <= 10 G.

However AFAIK a dedicated ASAT missile also has a high speed requirement but with very limited lateral acceleration capability.

The drdo asat has a avg speed of mach 5 , and for comparison Israeli Arrow 2 has avg speed of mach 9 , Soviet A135 mach 7 , Thaad mach 8 etc

Interesting drdo PAD speed is 5 mach , AAD 4.5 mach

AFAIK AD-1 will have avg speed 6-7 mach and AD-2 8-9 mach. Possibly more at terminal speeds .

So you decide , even then using a sole parameter does not do justice to the subject since there are too many variables.

As usual its my personal opinion only

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 39998

Which product is this?
Bullpup-ised INSAS

look closely,it's receiver section,magazine etc is all INSAS ones and front part is some jugaadu handguard plus rails,under it they put trigger (which is having extension bar connecting to actual trigger group in receiver at rearside).

Articles