DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Fine details on DRDO LRGB
View attachment 39784
For info....

The tandem warhead for Gaurav in question - shaped charged based , multistage warhead system to defeat deeply buried hardened targets.......

This one is very interesting.

It is a shaped charged based , multistage warhead system to defeat deeply buried hardened targets.

Following are the components of the deep penetration multistage warhead system

View attachment 38492

1. Precursor shaped charged warhead to defeat hardened sandwiched reinforced concrete layers with steel bar mesh and layers of reactive explosives.

View attachment 38493

2. Follow through deep penetrating warhead ( 2 types ) to punch through exposed compacted earth / rocks / concrete structures

Also they are looking at rocket propelled follow through deep penetrating warhead to allow penetration to even greater depths.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Garuthma winged glide bomb and Garuda non winged glide bomb

AddText_11-01-09.48.05.PNG

Note : non winged glide bomb @ 1000kg also exists. But i dont know the name. Too much confusion regarding the naming for the bombs. And i suspect that 500kg winged glide bomb also exists.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Where did you found this?
What's the type of navigation used to steer towards target?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
DRDO website , i posted some of the pics from there previously but forgot to do the same for the glide bomb.

Since drdo mentions these bombs as inertially guided bombs, i suspect INS ( inertial navigation system ) is being used especially the shorter ranged non winged glide bombs.

The longer ranged winged bombs will additionally have a dedicated SATNAV or maybe other guidance systems are there, i dont know for sure.

No official info available as such on the guidance systems on the bombs.

Edit : INS based on MEMS sensors are being used in the glide bombs.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Interesting possibilities with Shaurya

Erect a common non descript house around it with a retractable roof and voila !

Or simply install the launch fixture into the ground with a retractable lid and voila !

o.JPEG

p.JPEG

Also note the similarity with the cannister round above and below

6702949_images1_jpeg_jpeg209edec6a4f898efcdc7a52d90b407e7.jpeg

Identical round indicating easy interchangeability between fixed and mobile launchers.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
While we the general public develop pussyfoot while posting some pics available in the public domain.

Those in charge of keeping information safe have no qualms releasing info on the same during public exhibitions

images.jpeg

Agni 3 series rail mobile launcher

Note the outriggers around the launcher .
6 in no , 4 visible.

porky_kicker

Country flag
What is this ?

It even has a name VAJRA AYUDH

Never heard nor seen it before :confused1:

I would not have given a second thought on the model, given the peculiar design of the model , especially the lavish use of fins , but nevertheless i posted it because the pic is from a defence exibition and because it had a name to it.

48.PNG

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
What is this ?

It even has a name VAJRA AYUDH

Never heard nor seen it before :confused1:

I would not have given a second thought on the model, given the peculiar design of the model , especially the lavish use of fins , but nevertheless i posted it because the pic is from a defence exibition and because it had a name to it.

View attachment 39839
Ok guys whatever it is , it is definitely not a ICBM .

It could be simply a model also and nothing more. And given the outlandish design i am kind of inclined to believe so.

Articles