DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AnantS

Country flag
It's a South African UAV if I remember correctly, though Rustom 2 will be redesigned. One of the later prototypes will be made with a twin boom configuration.
Now that you said it.. it does look like Denel Bateleur

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Will the so called Hale which was in discussion..

Is an improved version on rustom 2 ..
Or a new design
@porky_kicker

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw baseline. Akash means...

Not the akash 1s....whi wh will have an indigenous seeker

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Defcon 1

Country flag
View attachment 38403

AKAIK this one is the Astra-VL ( vertical launch ) aka SRSAM

Not to be confused with the older Astra BVRAAM.

It is for the navy as a point defence weapon system and possibly a land based version later on.
So this is a Barak 1 replacement then? But Barak 1 doesn't uses a seeker. So why didn't navy simply replace it with Akash instead of waiting for Astra VL?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Copied from brf
Credit Karan m

VL-Astra may well be better than QRSAM in that it offers QRSAM type coverage but with greater altitude limits and also is more flexible (you don't need a launcher to be aligned towards the target)

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Does akash 1 and aksah 1s...has same range........
Or akash 1s will have more range
Again some articles clain range of akash is 25km
And others claim 30
@porky_kicker

ladder

Country flag
Copied from brf
Credit Karan m

VL-Astra may well be better than QRSAM in that it offers QRSAM type coverage but with greater altitude limits and also is more flexible (you don't need a launcher to be aligned towards the target)
Range would be in the around 15 to 20 km for VL Astra but for QR Sam it is 25-30 km.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I did not want to continue this aimless discussion further but I simply had to point out factual errors.

1.India is not a protectorate of Bhutan. Rather Bhutan is a protectorate of India. Please refer to the Dictionary before disputing this also.

2.The US and Canada are very close. What you read in the press is hyped up. They are both Anglo-Saxons, white Caucasians, both speak English mostly, mostly Christian Protestants.
Similar to Indian Jats in Haryana and UP or Punjabis in Delhi and Indian Punjab.
Man, you need to speak to Americans and Canadians. They might say in public they have disputes but are actually very close.

Nearly 10 to15% of the population of the US are Hispanics namely Spanish speaking people from Mexico. Their original mother tongue is Spanish though they may not use it in the US.
Similar to the Nepalese population in India. Are we not close to the Nepalese. Disputes between Mexico and the US are exaggerated.

How can you draw an analogy between a vegetable market and arms market.. The US allows its companies to sell products and services to Pakistan and Russia because money goes out to the US and adds to its foreign exchange reserves. They will not buy Pakistani or Russian products in significant quantities. Also no hi-tech items will be sold to Pakistan or Russia. The US will not invest big in Pakistan and Russia.

Who wins here. You sell mostly low tech products and make money. The US is not transferring money to Pakistan or Russia. Money goes out of Pakistan and Russia when they buy US products.

I am finished. Please believe in your own theory. I cannot argue anymore.

I think we need to put a full stop and move on to other topics.
First of all I would like to apologize for my Grammatical Blunder.
Now, let me present to you one AKHAND :bs:which has been previously peddled around in this thread.

Forgot to reply to one specific observation made by you. The premises is that we will lose friends and influence if we do not buy other countries weapons. I do not consider it as very valid. India like China with a huge population and market is very attractive to the West. Our civilian non military market is large enough to absorb US and European products and services in a big way. India is a major market for almost all US multinational companies.

We buy US weapons because sometimes they are the best and are needed to counter China. Of course they come with the burden of restrictive controls.

Russia is a completely different case. Presently in their current economic condition they do not have many non military products to sell to India. Trade between India and Russia is mainly in military products. If we stop importing weapons from Russia our bilateral trade will plummet. Also Russia provides certain categories of weapons which nobody else gives like nuclear subs, help in IRBM and ICBM development especially guidance technology. So it is a complicated situation.
As you could see the underlined red part, against my simple quote regarding the Arms sale where both Seller and Buyer forms a political relationship, the brilliant writer started peddling the economic pathway. The fact of political interest has been side stepped by the brilliant writer here altogether.

And as far as US-Canada relationship is concerned, I didn't knew that every diplomat in US is up against damaging it by playing media stooge.

It’s not just Trump: The U.S.-Canada relationship has long been tragic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...onship-has-long-been-a-tragedy/?noredirect=on

Former Ambassador Says US-Canada Relationship in Trouble

https://news.wttw.com/2019/05/08/former-ambassador-says-us-canada-relationship-trouble

Trump, Russia and China All Represent New Threats to Canada

https://www.highnorthnews.com/en/trump-russia-and-china-all-represent-new-threats-canada

Regarding US-Mexico relationship.

https://oxfordre.com/americanhistor...9329175.001.0001/acrefore-9780199329175-e-269

https://theconversation.com/us/topics/us-mexico-relationship-35667

If culture and race would have been the driving force behind bonhomie, then the whole South Asia would have been one nation or nations with no boundary. But hey why I am talking with a WALL.

Anyway, you are right, this :bs:has gone too far and not related with the thread. So lets take it somewhere else if you are interested.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Copy paste from BRF . Credit Karan M.

How many programs though from DRDO alone, mind-boggling.

- Akash, Akash Mk1S
- Akash NG
- QRSAM
- SRSAM (same as VL-Astra?)
- MRSAM (IAF), LRSAM (Navy), MRSAM (IA)
- XRSAM (same as PDV/AAD?)
- Program AD (PDV/AAD, now Phase 2 in devpt)
- Astra, Astra Mk2
- SFDR
- VL-Astra
- Nag/PROSPINA
- Helina
- MPATGM
- CLGM (Arjun missile)
- SANT
- NGARM (Rudra M1), Rudra M2/M3 (NGARM body with different seeker types)
- PGHSLD (different bomb types, laser seeker + satnav)
- Garuda/Garuthma glide bombs (wing kits + satnav)
- SAAW
- MPGMs (PGM warheads)/UAV launched missiles
- Pinaka 1, 2 guided
- Pralay (Shourya variant)
- Prahar (AAD redesigned)
- Naval anti-ship missile (desi Penguin/Sea Skua?)
- Nirbhay (Sea/Air/Land)
- Brahmos ER (800km beyond current 450km?)
- Brahmos NG (lightweight, multi-purpose)
-Brahmos hypersonic

This is apart from the strategic programs
Is it possible to make a list of all DRDO/ARDE/HAL/OFB etc etc developments in one list?
Use #2019DEV for easier search

Will be useful to compare in 2024..
@porky_kicker

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles