DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Tapas is dead just like Trishul missile. The ongoing drone in Ukraine demonstrates need for “cheap” short range missile but Barak-1 killed Trishul

mokoman

Country flag
It turned out to be medical equipment rather than missile.

so this guy is clueless like rest of us .

still dont understand how he knows its a medical equipment .

stamp shows UL US , certification for usa , even if its civilian certification , it still could be part of component used in missile or ac or anything else .

Chinmoy

Country flag
This one looks more like an Anti personal one loitering munition rather against Armoured ones. Army can use them against the New JEM terrorist. I mean if Army able to pinpoint location of Pigs and then we can guide this loitering munitions to the hideout and smoke them.
500gm HMX warhead is good enough for 220-250 mm RHA armour.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
This one looks more like an Anti personal one loitering munition rather against Armoured ones. Army can use them against the New JEM terrorist. I mean if Army able to pinpoint location of Pigs and then we can guide this loitering munitions to the hideout and smoke them.
I would love to see kuki militants getting smoked by this weapon.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Tapas flew at 32k feet without payload

View attachment 257147
i dont think the max altitude is where the problem of designers lie the problematic thing is the maintain 24hrs at 30000ft with 350kg of equipment
so some ways to achieve it is =
  • weight reduction (very hard)
  • more powerful engines (doable)
  • better aerodynamics to somehow boost it to the requirements (whats being done now)
all while not excedding costs too (since it would be costliers due to 2 engine configurations too)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
i dont think the max altitude is where the problem of designers lie the problematic thing is the maintain 24hrs at 30000ft with 350kg of equipment
so some ways to achieve it is =
  • weight reduction (very hard)
  • more powerful engines (doable)
  • better aerodynamics to somehow boost it to the requirements (whats being done now)
all while not excedding costs too (since it would be costliers due to 2 engine configurations too)
Reduction in weight and drag has already been done test flight soon, that's the most they will do now they won't spenya dime more on this for barely 20-30 orders Army has rejected it completely

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Reduction in weight and drag has already been done test flight soon, that's the most they will do now they won't spenya dime more on this for barely 20-30 orders Army has rejected it completely
well i can spare army due to the low capex they have they have hell lot of things to keep and eye on especially reducing the pensions and salaries of the civillian contractors too

while i think this improved tapas was on taxi trials few days back it would be a big boost to navy too hopefully bel develops some equipments for tapas too we cant bet all of our resources on american kindness with the mq9b (it too expensive also)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles