DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How many missiles, torpedoes they can refill ?
Excalibur artillery rounds are failing in Ukraine due to Russian jamming
Had only 6% success rate
One more western wonder weapon in the dust
View attachment 255606

View attachment 255607
When I was a little boy , I loved to watch weapons videos , especially nuclear bombs explosion.
And to satisfy my eagerness to watch and learn more about weapons , the discovery science channel had many such programs.
I don't remember the name of the show , but in the episode about Excalibur the american general who was interviewed after a successful test of the same told the main utility of Excalibur shell as follows
" It's main purpose is to reduce collateral damage , especially in urban areas of eye raq and afghaenistaen ".
I was smol , so I naively believed the show , lol .
Tell me a what is a" precise" 155 mm shell like ?
Does it burst with reduced intensity, hell no !.
A 155 mm Excalibur shell will damage a School Baegdaed in eyeraq in similar manner , a normal 155 mm shell will !
Now when the vaunted Excalibur is being used against Russians , it turns out ,it's not so effective! And even for the orignal Excalibur sword an British peasant said these timeless words " strange women lying in ponds dispensing out swords , is hardly a basis for a system of government".
@Longewala
@Tactical Doge

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
When I was a little boy , I loved to watch weapons videos , especially nuclear bombs explosion.
And to satisfy my eagerness to watch and learn more about weapons , the discovery science channel had many such programs.
I don't remember the name of the show , but in the episode about Excalibur the american general who was interviewed after a successful test of the same told the main utility of Excalibur shell as follows
" It's main purpose is to reduce collateral damage , especially in urban areas of eye raq and afghaenistaen ".
I was smol , so I naively believed the show , lol .
Tell me a what is a" precise" 155 mm shell like ?
Does it burst with reduced intensity, hell no !.
A 155 mm Excalibur shell will damage a School Baegdaed in eyeraq in similar manner , a normal 155 mm shell will !
Now when the vaunted Excalibur is being used against Russians , it turns out ,it's not so effective! And even for the orignal Excalibur sword an British peasant said these timeless words " strange women lying in ponds dispensing out swords , is hardly a basis for a system of government".
@Longewala
@Tactical Doge
tactics evolve as per threat perception, it's par for the course.

what's happening now is that folks who were born during murica's unipolar moment are having a reality check. defence enthusiasts who have seen berlin wall fall on TV, will be more aware of murican warfare in contested spaces, so not a surprise as such.

@Chinmoy
so what happens now to murican war tech that's dependent on GPS? what do they have in pipeline to overcome this?

Satish Sharma

Country flag

Not the most accurate guy but this one's seems like some program on India TV coming soon they are famous for their cringe military programs so best of luck to us all
I won't mind watching circus if Im getting darshan of zorawar.
Btw the render look so sexy.
hope in riyal life it looks better.
GO6TWCiaMAAuUC-.jpeg
GO6TWNhaEAAl6pH.jpeg

Btw chini jadid tarin ladaka teink, seems newer Variant of type 15
Screenshot_2024-05-31-20-02-25-42_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Evil007

Country flag

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
a 'grain' ? i would rather take a bucket worth of salt on any thing he talks bout (his sense of humour is probably KIA)
either ways no pic of zorawar is really a wonder to me too that why they haven't released it until now
Yea it sounds weird that a project this confidential will be released on a news channel that too IndiaTV he’s yapping nothing much :pound:

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I won't mind watching circus if Im getting darshan of zorawar.
Btw the render look so sexy.
hope in riyal life it looks better.
View attachment 255655View attachment 255656
Btw chini jadid tarin ladaka teink, seems newer Variant of type 15View attachment 255657
@Chinmoy all this renders we see are riyal ?
Is there anything in public that zorawar will have manned Turret or a single capsule sitting besides driver.
there is automatic loader though & crew requirement is also 2 or 3
I think chinkis are working in same direction.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Yea it sounds weird that a project this confidential will be released on a news channel that too IndiaTV he’s yapping nothing much :pound:
When tank will be ready they will do grand ceremony ig.
But anyways what is unbelievable to me is timeline. Magic of private sector.
& Also danda of china.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
When tank will be ready they will do grand ceremony ig.
But anyways what is unbelievable to me is timeline. Magic of private sector.
& Also danda of china.
i would also add the the experience drdo got from arjun

plus the turret part could be difference too since they have dropped the john cockerill turret other than that i assume the light composite armour and era to be similar to what shown in the model (i may be wrong too)

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
i would also add the the experience drdo got from arjun

plus the turret part could be difference too since they have dropped the john cockerill turret other than that i assume the light composite armour and era to be similar to what shown in the model (i may be wrong too)
Where is the engine located in Zorawar front or back?cause if front they can use this for FICV base

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
tactics evolve as per threat perception, it's par for the course.

what's happening now is that folks who were born during murica's unipolar moment are having a reality check. defence enthusiasts who have seen berlin wall fall on TV, will be more aware of murican warfare in contested spaces, so not a surprise as such.

@Chinmoy
so what happens now to murican war tech that's dependent on GPS? what do they have in pipeline to overcome this?
Again said correctly sir , we are those who were born in 2000s, we are having our reality check now.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
its already on a ficv base (modded icv abhay based chassis) but i think they would go with rear engine as a more traditional suite but lets wait for official news
In IFV’s the engine is normally in front if it’s based on Abhay then it should be infront who knows tho we’ll find out when it is released.
Also what’s the status of FICV we need to get rid of these soviet era bmp’s icl

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles