DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mokoman

Country flag

We are doomed
did u even read the article ?

"The drone maker stated that Garuda Aerospace's drones are highly customisable and designed to withstand atmospheric pressure and gravity, making them ideal for tasks such as surveying, mapping, and sample collection."

"withstand both atmospheric pressure and gravity" ,

imo pretty big deal

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

"The drone maker stated that Garuda Aerospace's drones are highly customisable and designed to withstand atmospheric pressure and gravity, making them ideal for tasks such as surveying, mapping, and sample collection."

imo pretty big dead
And how much are you betting that these "customisable" drones aren't some Alibaba kit? I bet the day more pics are released people will even posts exact Alibaba page it's the same company who hasn't launched a single original product in last 5 years even after getting big funding and support from foreign OEMs not a single original product so that's why "I did read the article" and my hope is still 0 from them

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

imo pretty big deal
I can say with full confidence that not only is it rebadged stuff, the company is also run by incompetent idiots. They have no idea what they're doing, just throwing word soup and graphics and hoping for orders.

They did same thing with their "stealth" drone, copy pasted data from some entirely different class of drones. 60 kg drone was supposedly consuming 9 kg fuel per minute, but endurance listed at 6 hrs. Also range listed as 160km, with cruise speed of 90km/hr (meaning less than 2 hrs cruise?)

Like, do they not have one single engineer in their entire team who knows how to read a brochure? Full botched

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I can say with full confidence that not only is it rebadged stuff, the company is also run by incompetent idiots. They have no idea what they're doing, just throwing word soup and graphics and hoping for orders.

They did same thing with their "stealth" drone, copy pasted data from some entirely different class of drones. 60 kg drone was supposedly consuming 9 kg fuel per minute, but endurance listed at 6 hrs.
That's what happens when you put your 8k per month interns in charge for this stuff while not having any data of the actual drone cause your didn't give it a damn thought you just wanted to present it as an idea infront of investors on the biggest platform a defence company gets in Indian subcontinent.

mokoman

Country flag
And how much are you betting that these "customisable" drones aren't some Alibaba kit? I bet the day more pics are released people will even posts exact Alibaba page it's the same company who hasn't launched a single original product in last 5 years even after getting big funding and support from foreign OEMs not a single original product so that's why "I did read the article" and my hope is still 0 from them
shiet man , it was a joke . withstand atmospheric pressure and gravity literally means nothing . truly top tier comedy, it means their drone can fly in earth air .

Varoon2

Country flag
Their ( Garuda Aerospace) website looks good, and they list many achievements and make several claims. Are they guilty of a major snowjob( deception)?

sameer3694

Their ( Garuda Aerospace) website looks good, and they list many achievements and make several claims. Are they guilty of a major snowjob( deception)?
A few months ago they launched a consumer drone called "Droni" and they keep marketing it as made in India. But it's actually just a chinese copy. Infact, a lot of these Indian drone companies are the same. They're probably importing all the parts separately from some third country(since direct import from China is banned) and do some scredriver giri and slap on a new logo.

Any fantastic claims from these dalals must be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

jai jaganath

Country flag
@Chinmoy ji
I just had few queries wrt prachand
As we know it was cleared by dac ig last year
And what's delaying it's procurement
Is it
1)price negotiation
2)some problems with integration of atgms
3)some changes services want
I know things can't get cleared now as MCC is active but just a query coz it has been testing and going through certifications for many years

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sarcasm he bhaiya not the first time we have bought something repackaged as indegenious it was just sarcasm
There is nothing wrong in doing that. Moreover we are not going to use these drones in some hush-hush and secret operations. So its a basic deal in between client and seller.

rone

Country flag
A few months ago they launched a consumer drone called "Droni" and they keep marketing it as made in India. But it's actually just a chinese copy. Infact, a lot of these Indian drone companies are the same. They're probably importing all the parts separately from some third country(since direct import from China is banned) and do some scredriver giri and slap on a new logo.

Any fantastic claims from these dalals must be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I don't know how does a scam company like them getting gov orders, if military use them am pretty sure it will be a security risk, also Don't even look in to their utube channel automated positive comments using bots, how does a person like M.S Dhoni associated with them? Why none talking about this in open media?

Chinmoy

Country flag
1)price negotiation
Price negotiations will start only after an RFP/RFQ would be released and responded.

2)some problems with integration of atgms
It might be, But then again, the program has been hijacked by IAF and first preference would be them. ATGM is not their concern till now.

3)some changes services want
The biggest of all probability. We are only concerned with the development of the product. We are least bothered about how it would be used by services post induction. For us, its like, "it has been developed, and if services are not inducting it in 1000s, they are corrupted".

But we should look into the requirement of any platform from user POV. The only gunship we operated till date was Mi-24, which is a beast when compared with LCH. Obviously operational use of LCH would be different then Hinds. So as of now LCH is seeing operational usage in exercises. Based on its performance around the vast expense of scenario and geography, services would come to to a number required.
After this RFP would be issued and then your point number 1 would come into force.

As for ATGM integration, for IA, it is a must before mass order placement.