DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
One Intresting thing he said was being confident in Side by side work of both MK2 and AMCA so that will be intresting what speed we will see on AMCA the tenders have started going out for prototype
yup i dont want to hope cause hal let me down every time but its good news

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Please throw morality in trash bin!
People will do whatever is possible to win tenders and orders.

Also, indigenously designed does not mean you have to manufacture each and every part in house. Despite being a product designed completely inhouse, you might manufacture it completely in foreign country.
I have no problem throwing away my morality lol but it's not indegeniously designed and "developed" bhai that's the problem

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
t
I am not aware of the tire specification for this particular behicle. The one shown in the MRF website does not looks remotely close the tire used fitted to that vehicle.
they just have to modify the hub and get their fire resitant compounds as i said mrf is an example there are ample of choices but yeah the fire truck is a foreign direct screwdrived import so no chance for indiginisation conciousness :)
1712297032118.png

for context this is the tyre the rims can be interchanged or replaced

SKC

Country flag
t

they just have to modify the hub and get their fire resitant compounds as i said mrf is an example there are ample of choices but yeah the fire truck is a foreign direct screwdrived import so no chance for indiginisation conciousness :)
If you need only 1 then why would anyone take any effort to indigenize it. Give a guarantee of buying up to 100 then only someone is going to take any serious effort.

We are not giving any incentive to the companies to make any effort but we want them to deliver on the scale of Chinese and American companies.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
If you need only 1 then why would anyone take any effort to indigenize it. Give a guarantee of buying up to 100 then only someone is going to take any serious effort.

We are not giving any incentive to the companies to make any effort but we want them to deliver on the scale of Chinese and American companies.
umm what im saying is the screwdriver guys just have to get up go to an mrf dealer get a fire rated tyre fix it on the rim and tah daa! we have indiginous tyres just this had to be done no rnd no research bud

SKC

Country flag
umm what im saying is the screwdriver guys just have to get up go to an mrf dealer get a fire rated tyre fix it on the rim and tah daa! we have indiginous tyres just this had to be done no rnd no research bud
Then give them time to deliver few more and see if they go on to replace foreign components.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Then give them time to deliver few more and see if they go on to replace foreign components.
Not possible. For that they have to again go for certification process which means loss in revenue & profit.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Hope so
Aur kya sir bhai
Still a student
I was a student when tejas started flying, still was a student when tejas entered in to service in 2015
Now I work somewhere, got married, have children too...

Still mk1a not inducted (not blaming hal)
So don't have high hopes,here ......

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I was a student when tejas started flying, still was a student when tejas entered in to service in 2015

we could make a good ass documentary based on the lines youve mentioned that how your life passed ,years passed but tejas stayed :(

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Many things could have been done before, hal modified lsp to mk1a

So tejas ioc ,foc can be modified to mk1a
Iaf didn't order , ioc in large numbers, nor foc in large numbers
yeah the drdo guys did say that major things are changed in mk1a and its really comparable to higher weight class fighters i find it very capable but the main purpose of tejas was kick start plane supply lines now we have a nacent industry which would grou substantially in coming years

Chinmoy

Country flag
Many things could have been done before, hal modified lsp to mk1a

So tejas ioc ,foc can be modified to mk1a
Iaf didn't order , ioc in large numbers, nor foc in large numbers
Would it have been economically viable ?

omaebakabaka

Not an easy discipline to master. Took decades for west to get to a systemic level of building out that discipline inspite of having so much lead in practically every field of math and science from 14th century and on. I think we need to give some credit, success and learning should not be measured just based on absolute output.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles