DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vishnugupt

Country flag
Vishnuguptji - one of the many times combined Soviet sino alliance , went against the interest of India.

In Public russia says supports India's un veto seat, but in stealth acts with iron birader cheen.

Hahaha... Conspiracy theories.

You need to take admission in school again. You have most likely got infected by Gl0b0h0m0s Liberandu-sickulars virus.

hurrians

Country flag
Neither globohomo not a Russian simp like you , only for Bharath.

Regarding school I think it's an option suited for you, didn't want to call out your low level comprehension capability, read again my comment -" I said presence of imran Khan on eve of Russian aggression " u can't even comprehend that.

Let's take it to chitchat , i will be more than happy to cure bhadrakumar syndrome.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
What product we are going to buy from Ruskies anymore apart from the below 3 current main projects?

1. Brahmos JV for Brahmos NG and V2.
2. Navy - INS Talwar pending orders.
3. AK203 - Sooner we are scrapping better we can do some other thing.
Ak 203 is happening no matter what

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
What product we are going to buy from Ruskies anymore apart from the below 3 current main projects?

1. Brahmos JV for Brahmos NG and V2.
2. Navy - INS Talwar pending orders.
3. AK203 - Sooner we are scrapping better we can do some other thing.
spares for t90tanks , testing for kaveri , upgrade for il76 , spares of russian origin helicopters ,whole nuclear powered reactors series , chakra sub on lease just to name a few

AnantS

Country flag
This is actually you who is getting emotional for no reason.

China does not Russia to arm themself. You need to come out from this false narrative.
China relied heavily on Russian men, machine and technology to arm itself. Infact much of new things that you see coming out of China in military wares have Russian footprint/legacy.
I don't know why you are obsessed with supplying Shells to Ukraine whereas ministry of foreign affair choosing different path.
That's you imagining. I haven't said we should supply to Ukraine. What I said was we supplied to western nations who were not at war. They diverted shells to Ukraine for photos and other reasons. It's Russophile people getting angsty at India for letting that happen - I am just pointing absurdity of the same.

no smoking

Country flag
Never seen Pakistani negotiating engine deal with Russia for JF-17. You can throw some light here.
Don't need Pakistan to negotiate because Chinese is responsible for design and production line building.
Using whose sub-system is Chinese job. Pakistan doesn't care as long as the final product satisfy their demand.

Initially JF-17 was an Chinese project. China hold IPs
No, it was a Pakistan project from the beginning. Without their money, there wouldn't be JF-17 at all. PLAAF has never been interested in this kind of plane.

Azaad

Country flag
Don't need Pakistan to negotiate because Chinese is responsible for design and production line building.
Using whose sub-system is Chinese job. Pakistan doesn't care as long as the final product satisfy their demand.

No, it was a Pakistan project from the beginning. Without their money, there wouldn't be JF-17 at all. PLAAF has never been interested in this kind of plane.
HaiYaa !

Uncle Han is back to dishing out half truths first thing in the morning. Uncle Han neglects to inform us that the Han initially proposed installation of their own TFs - the WS-13 on the Blunder.

However the Paxtanis would have none of it & insisted on the RD-33 ( later upgraded to RD-93 ) itself a problematic TF yet preferred by the Paxtanis to Han junk.

The Han are still trying to persuade the Paxtanis to opt for the WS-19 for the Block 3 of the Blunder also slated to go on to the J-31. Let's see if the Paxtanis take the bait & bite the bullet.

Master Chief

Country flag
I don't think GoI factored in these countries would re export those shells to Ukraine , the reason being we may have exported small numbers in the past .

Further the way Europe was bringing down its defence budget pre Ukraine war , it would've been anticipated that low tech items like shells would've been cost effective imports compared to mass production in house resulting in them cutting down production capacities.

Hence the thought here would've been these European countries were probably rebuilding up stocks expended by diverting their inventories to Ukraine .

I think news that Indian shells were re exported to Ukraine by these countries wouldn't have gone down well in the GoI which must've re considered it's decision.
The Indian shells that turned up in Ukraine in January 2024 were manufactured in 2023.. Looks like India is seriously ramping up its own Artillery ammunition manufacturing capabilities..

vampyrbladez

Country flag

They will drag this rifle till the eternity
Indian Army doesn't have enough 7.62x54 mm ammo and these are imported from Russia.

With too little actual use of the rifles themselves the barrels are good for a long time.

According to sources, the barrel of a DSR can easily fire up to 7,000 rounds and most have not done more than 3,000 each.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprint.in/defence/indian-armys-russian-dragunov-sniper-rifle-could-soon-get-long-awaited-upgrade/520538/?amp

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Indian Army doesn't have enough 7.62x54 mm ammo and these are imported from Russia.

With too little actual use of the rifles themselves the barrels are good for a long time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprint.in/defence/indian-armys-russian-dragunov-sniper-rifle-could-soon-get-long-awaited-upgrade/520538/?amp
My point wasn't the barrel health my point was using DMRs for sniper roles it was fine until you didn't have actual snipers but now that you have sorted that situations you should move to snipers totally but ofc Indian army is slow in its accusations so that rfi is stuck for now so makes sense getting these for draganov I assume they can used for snipers too in future.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Unfortunately, as of now, no other news source mentions the test. Any google on the missile goes back to the June/2023 test.
Will be resealed soon or whenever gov wants something definitely got tested the flight radar was silent over bay of Bengal

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles