DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

slayingheaven

Country flag
Saab offers its rbs15 anti ship ,S2S,A2S missile.View attachment 245214
820–810 kg (with boosters) 660–650 kg (in flight)
Length
4.35 m
Diameter
50 cm
Wingspan
1.4 m
Warhead
200 kg HE blast and pre-fragmented warhead.
83 km for RBS 15 Mk. I and II (140km)
>200 km for RBS 15 Mk. III
>300 km for RBS 15 MkIV
Do we need this missile as stop gap measure
Nasm-sr(55km) feels short for rbs mk1 &2
nasm-mr (250km)will Take quite alot time even nasm-sr is not ready yet..
we have no such missile for anti-surface role too.
If a country that has ICBMs, Submarine launched Brahmos still need a puny Anti-Ship Missile even at stopgap measure, that can say a lot about us.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
If a country that has ICBMs, Submarine launched Brahmos still need a puny Anti-Ship Missile even at stopgap measure, that can say a lot about us.
We don't have any in the segment right now..
We directly have a 1000km missile. Which is overpowered for Pakistan in most of the cases. There most of military infra is in Punjab

& We do have 2 but its in development.. may be in some years..

Azaad

Country flag
They have asked probably won't get it they have been asking for anything all these years and have got nothing probably will continue
Those INR 15000 cr sanctioned towards the AMCA program would include a lot of testing & certifying facilities including an FTB perhaps . Do remember the 120 KN new TF to be developed in a JV is part of the AMCA project although the amount sanctioned here doesn't include it.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Those INR 15000 cr sanctioned towards the AMCA program would include a lot of testing & certifying facilities including an FTB perhaps . Do remember the 120 KN new TF to be developed in a JV is part of the AMCA project although the amount sanctioned here doesn't include it.
Yes we even have a blueprint layout of a engine testing facility I posted here last month I think but it does not involve flying testbed which is one of most important part in my opinion

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Atags is completely indigeneous.

Other artilleries like Bharat series with caliber of 52/45/39 are from some European firms I think Austrian firm..

They have absorbed enough technology that they made there own light weight howitzer. Like titanium Bharat ulh-39 which weights 4.6 tons same with stainless steel 6.6 tons it also has 39/52 caliber variants.

Another one is garuda v2 which based on humwee systems they reduced the weight of the gun from ~2 tons to some 800kgs as they have absorbed enough tech..

The marg-39 mgs is already Exported to Armenia..

Bharat forge can make 1 barrel per day View attachment 242346
What is the current status of atags ? Slowly being killed ? Dead ? half dead ? Or (gasp) orders placed ? Or Jupiter trials pending ? What a tragedy and what a shame that IA top brass and MoD Babu's being such traitors are able to get away scot free without any punishment under so called nationalist govt.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
What is the current status of atags ? Slowly being killed ? Dead ? half dead ? Or (gasp) orders placed ? Or Jupiter trials pending ? What a tragedy and what a shame that IA top brass and MoD Babu's being such traitors are able to get away scot free without any punishment under so called nationalist govt.
DAC clearance given and waiting for ccs

standard snowball

Country flag
Written by the sellout named Prakash Katoch, why am I not surprised, there is so much bullshit written here that it would take a whole day exposing them.
One has to wonder how do these traitors manage to reach such powerful positions in the armed Forces.

Bloody sellouts 😑😑

Last edited:

DumbPilot

Country flag
Written by the sellout named Prakash Katoch, why am I not surprised, there is so much bullshit written here that it would take a whole day exposing them.
One has to wonder how do these traitors manage to reach such powerful positions in the armed Forces.

Bloody sellouts 😑😑
Wait, how is Prakash Katoch (that is, if we are talking about P.C. Katoch) a sellout?

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Bloody sellouts 😑😑
Ok I agree dpsu Babu's are junk and slow. Then can Katoch explain why IA doesn't place bulk orders for atags, tonbo night sights, whAp etc..and stop endless trials ? Esp. when foriegn maal is not subjected to same no. of trials

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles