DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blademaster

I remember a relative of mine mentioned it off hand and I looked it up .. can't find that exact source
but by revenue this seems a pretty good source
ok it’s not the largest forging company in the world then. It’s the largest when it comes to a single location. There’s a difference.

wiki said:
Currently Bharat Forge is the "world’s largest single location forging facility consisting of fully automated forging press lines and state-of-the-art machining facility."

karn

Country flag
ok it’s not the largest forging company in the world then. It’s the largest when it comes to a single location. There’s a difference.
Hmm ... I need to look into this .. I keep coming across this "largest in the world quote" will try to find something better .. Forging ain't a metric anyone tracks (atleast those that publish their results)like for example automotive.
Also the for example nippon steel is a normal steel producer adding their total revenue to just forging would be incorrect.
Also a 20 year old story lel

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Imagine only 50-60% grenades would work...
I also read a news the faulty ammunitions supplied to army was worth enough to buy 100 howitzers..
Always a shit show from them need to cut these guys from whatever business they get or impose strict timelines and quality control if you fail that you get to bear it's consequences

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Radars for bhargawastra anti drone system will come from Israel(drone dome system )
I mean drdo can't even provide support of this simple radars.. hope atleast EO,ir, laser range finder will be indigeneous...
Jammers will be indigeneous..
This will be better than zem technology as they had a gun as hardkill. Compare to this laser guided 2kg rocket missile..

Aniruddha Mulay

Radars for bhargawastra anti drone system will come from Israel(drone dome system )
I mean drdo can't even provide support of this simple radars.. hope atleast EO,ir, laser range finder will be indigeneous...
Jammers will be indigeneous..
This will be better than zem technology as they had a gun as hardkill. Compare to this laser guided 2kg rocket missile..
This is an in-house development from Solar Industries, it has nothing to do with DRDO and they likely didn't reach out to DRDO for assistance/consultation on the project.
DRDO's portfolio already has everything from a man-portable BFSR to a Ship-based S-band multifunction radar.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
This is an in-house development from Solar Industries, it has nothing to do with DRDO and they likely didn't reach out to DRDO for assistance/consultation on the project.
DRDO's portfolio already has everything from a man-portable BFSR to a Ship-based S-band multifunction radar.
They should have asked drdo for help. If they were involved in advancements in pinnaka it is not new to them.. they're most likely importing who software too. With it.
I think any weapons development in pvt sector needs drdo's approval..

jai jaganath

Country flag
Aint this just an ICV with integrated ATGMs as opposed to a dedicated mobile atgm system like the Namica mk1?
This seems to be a BMP upgrade to me.
Exactly it doesn't seem to be dedicated atgms carrier
It might be upgraded bmp-2 or something else

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
may not be a case of either or..
FICV tracked RFI from 21, IA had asked for both 6 and 4 atgms

View attachment 244768

Aint this just an ICV with integrated ATGMs as opposed to a dedicated mobile atgm system like the Namica mk1?
This seems to be a BMP upgrade to me.
As per Alpha this is Namica 2 itself but optimised for High altitude hence it's light

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles