DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Satish Sharma

Country flag
That's flying wing man, the metrics are different. That thrust range is enough. A Sukhoi Okhotnik has ~0.3 thrust to weight. Similarly Ghatak has that ratio.
Okay okay I just checked thrust to weight ratio of many flying wing aircrafts like x47b/c, the salt Neuron, Boeing x45 , I got it 52kn is enough. Some of those flying wings were able to cruise at max .93mach. I guess this too will reach similar number.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Its mentioned 46 kn in official releases. Also it can reach 81kn only if it had afterburner, which it does not.

Iirc ge f404 create 48-49 kn without afterburner so the distance to cover is not too much maybe we can use it to re engine tejas after 15 years of service

Chinmoy

Country flag
well no. of tanks lifted is important as we only have 11 c17 so if all 11 are working we can effectively double the deployment nope front engine is required for increasing crew safety also compititor is 7-8 tons more heavy thus 750-hp is apt for us we have a rfp and drdo did fulfir all requirements
Both you and @slayingheaven are looking at it from wrong angle.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
ok!!! to phir AMCA se kiyu bhaag gy? :playball:
looks like you missed the tweet from N Chandrasekaran, asking for your forgiveness.

-after having a book order of assembling 40 C-295 in India,
-after spending 18000 crores to buy back their own company from govt,
-after committing to spend 150 billion $ to purchase 400 aircrafts,
-after committing to set up a fab factory for 91000 crores.
-all happening at the same time, over and above their existing businesses.

he said he forgot ask for forgiveness from a few more corners on the internet. :rotfl:

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
looks like you missed the tweet from N Chandrasekaran, asking for your forgiveness.

-after having a book order of assembling 40 C-295 in India,
-after spending 18000 crores to buy back their own company from govt,
-after committing to spend 150 billion $ to purchase 400 aircrafts,
-after committing to set up a fab factory for 91000 crores.
-all happening at the same time, over and above their existing businesses.

he said he forgot ask for forgiveness from a few more corners on the internet. :rotfl:
lmao think you created the world's finest jet brand then your govt take the ownership from you forcefully and now after destroying the company reselling it to you

NutCracker

Country flag
I think drdo ghatak feels underpowered.
15 tons is the mtow. And a 52kn dry kaveri as gtre has published.. I think instead we should go for dry variant of indo French engine of amca. Wont that be a good choice..
Initially it was said it will be 13 ton but then some updates came it's all up weight is 15 tons.
15T for 52kN is perfect. Similarly Okhotnik with mtow of 25T and dry AL31 75-80kN.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles