DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I got a question where is ghatak in terms of CCS clearance the prototype is supposed to be out by 2026

raju1982

Country flag
I got a question where is ghatak in terms of CCS clearance the prototype is supposed to be out by 2026
I searched but did not find any news related to snactioning of the project by CCS for prototypes. I think they do not believe in parallel developments where as the TechDemo is already flying, they should start building full size PV as well. :frown:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I searched but did not find any news related to snactioning of the project by CCS for prototypes. I think they do not believe in parallel developments where as the TechDemo is already flying, they should start building full size PV as well. :frown:
The project comes under PM modi directly that's why TD is working so well but they need to work build full prototype soon too with GE engine as it was planned.

Azaad

Country flag
Yep turning A10 into a drone for close air support
If this is a DARPA project they're really scraping the bottom here. The A-10 design is obsolete. No sense in using it as a drone except on a suicide mission or at any rate this isn't or shouldn't be part of DARPA's mandate as there's nothing futuristic or cutting edge about this .

It's like what IAF conceived some time back - converting MiG-27 / MiG-21 into armed UAVs.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
If this is a DARPA project they're really scraping the bottom here. The A-10 design is obsolete. No sense in using it as a drone except on a suicide mission or at any rate this isn't or shouldn't be part of DARPA's mandate as there's nothing futuristic or cutting edge about this .

It's like what IAF conceived some time back - converting MiG-27 / MiG-21 into armed UAVs.
It's slow and low flying so I think it's a brilliant idea but came in too late.

Blood+

Country flag
It won't be such a bad idea though - pack them full of explosives and send them on collision course to anything you want gone. Heck, we should do the same with our mothballed T-55s and Vijayantas as well.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
It won't be such a bad idea though - pack them full of explosives and send them on collision course to anything you want gone. Heck, we should do the same with our mothballed T-55s and Vijayantas as well.
For yes yes makes sense

Satish Sharma

Country flag
It's slow and low flying so I think it's a brilliant idea but came in too late.
To use it as a drone replacing heavy drone is not a good idea.. I don't think drone consuming 5 tons fuel is worth it... Such drone will be worth of they are of like 1 tons like we have Swift.. it is going in production.. once ready..

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
To use it as a drone replacing heavy drone is not a good idea.. I don't think drone consuming 5 tons fuel is worth it... Such drone will be worth of they are of like 1 tons like we have Swift.. it is going in production.. once ready..
It's America they couldn't give a f about fuel consumption it that could bring Brttttt on their Taliban during their time in Afganistan they used A10s anyway that's why I said it would be brilliant back then now nope.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles