DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
First copy paste then start building your own slowly. That's the way Chinese build everything.

And till when will the slowly arrive the company has been doing same shit since 2019 They have investement and experience both now, and successful examples too till when will we excuse this man,Newspace put in effort and succeed,big bang boom did switch had Chinese components they solved there issue and got a repeat order too. When other companies are doing it and you are not something is not right even with all the big names and investements.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
DJI mini pro3 goes for 95k plus atleast . So you aren't correct for the price . And I encourage our companies to out cheeni the cheenis .. do you think the Chinese lost any sleep when they copied western stuff ? I'm happy some drone company is trying to get revenue out of the civilian market as opposed to sitting around for MOD orders.
Honestly, to me the civilian market looks very lucrative for selling drones and generating lots of revenue. I think Private sector companies should be made solely responsible for developing such drones, all the bigger projects concerning missiles, radars, bombs, should be on the shoulders of PSUs like DRDO, HAL etc. Though I am not discouraging private sector companies from participating in the same. Basically what I am saying is we need to divide the work share on the basis of importance of each project.

IndianHawk

Country flag
And till when will the slowly arrive the company has been doing same shit since 2019 They have investement and experience both now, and successful examples too till when will we excuse this man,Newspace put in effort and succeed,big bang boom did switch had Chinese components they solved there issue and got a repeat order too. When other companies are doing it and you are not something is not right even with all the big names and investements.
It's not black and white. Different companies have different finances, different priorities and different strategies to grow.

Important things is they are entering into the field there workers will learn to assemble parts. That's one skill development for previously unskilled people.

Secondly there engineers will learn about different parts and there maintenance and repairing to provide services. This will allow them to learn the technical parameters.

They will learn which parts can be replaced in India itself on the cheap. This is how it begins. Slowly entire ecosystem builds up.

When I had to learn to start building solar plants I worked just as a salesman/ commission agent only doing business deals no technical knowledge.

Onea I learnt some I started working as trader now dealing on my own just outsourcing installation.

By watching multiple installation I trained my own team to install plant. Now my firm can do it all.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
It's not black and white. Different companies have different finances, different priorities and different strategies to grow.

Important things is they are entering into the field there workers will learn to assemble parts. That's one skill development for previously unskilled people.

Secondly there engineers will learn about different parts and there maintenance and repairing to provide services. This will allow them to learn the technical parameters.

They will learn which parts can be replaced in India itself on the cheap. This is how it begins. Slowly entire ecosystem builds up.

When I had to learn to start building solar plants I worked just as a salesman/ commission agent only doing business deals no technical knowledge.

Onea I learnt some I started working as trader now dealing on my own just outsourcing installation.

By watching multiple installation I trained my own team to install plant. Now my firm can do it all.
I so hope you are right let's see where this company heads to

Super Flanker

Bruh, I mean if it's true that these start ups such as Garuda aerospace are simply buying knocked down kits of Chinese drones, bringing them to India and simply assembling followed by slapping a made in India sticker then that's really sad to hear bruh.

I mean we can manufacture missiles, fighter jets, bombs, guns, ammunition, shells, bullet proof vests, tanks, armoured vehicles, artilleries but not simple Quadcopter drones? I mean how hard is it build something so simple and small?

I mean If possible then I would definitely want to open my own start up and manufacture such drones in India 100% from scratch.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Bruh, I mean if it's true that these start ups such as Garuda aerospace are simply buying knocked down kits of Chinese drones, bringing them to India and simply assembling followed by slapping a made in India sticker then that's really sad to hear bruh.

I mean we can manufacture missiles, fighter jets, bombs, guns, ammunition, shells, bullet proof vests, tanks, armoured vehicles, artilleries but not simple Quadcopter drones? I mean how hard is it build something so simple and small?

I mean If possible then I would definitely want to open my own start up and manufacture such drones in India 100% from scratch.
Plenty of companies actually manufacturing drones here for military from fpvs to Quadcopters so we have some great companies supplying drones to forces some don't wanna put in that work like others did

Super Flanker

Plenty of companies actually manufacturing drones here for military from fpvs to Quadcopters so we have some great companies supplying drones to forces some don't wanna put in that work like others did
Very true and development and production of such drones is not even close to the complexity involved in other projects such as making nuclear submarines, ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, radars, aircrafts. I am very confident we have all the technology to build such simple Quadcopters 100% in-house itself. I don't see how we lack the tech to do so.

mokoman

Country flag
Bhai ye Chinese hi he exact copy paste of Chinese drone and more expensive.
wont be the first time , most likely design+electronics from china , rest all made here

not hating on them , need atleast this even if its true .

war time gonna need someone to ramp up drone production like russia/ukraine doing .

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
wont be the first time , most likely design+electronics from china , rest all made here

not hating on them , need atleast this even if its true .

war time gonna need someone to ramp up drone production like russia/ukraine doing .

Garuda ka har baar ka he year after year after year I don't have much expectations from them now but there are so many good companies doing good in this sector now that we have nothing to worry about

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Very true and development and production of such drones is not even close to the complexity involved in other projects such as making nuclear submarines, ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, radars, aircrafts. I am very confident we have all the technology to build such simple Quadcopters 100% in-house itself. I don't see how we lack the tech to do so.
it's not just about the tech part, it's about consumer demand too. as more public buys, the production costs will come down and companies will have incentives to indigenise component production. same logic applies to all consumer products.

if some one is a drone enthusiast, and worried about import part of the equation, cannot leave out consumer demand part of the equation from their thought process.

observe how murican market operates, when a new product by small industries breaks into the market. they support an marketing ecosystem that keeps the buzz going on social media using influencers.

take the below video for example, it's about fishing lure. it's a simple product, but notice the links to purchase the product in the description below, this whole thing is about marketing.

not saying this is the way to go for Indian market, Indian small companies can find their own method for marketing.

another_armchair

Country flag
Are there any brushless/coreless motor manufacturers of scale in India or do we import everything from China?

How much would it cost to set up a factory with automation the scale of China to build motors of various sizes for different applications?

Wishlist includes DC motors of various sizes.

AnantS

Country flag
Are there any brushless/coreless motor manufacturers of scale in India or do we import everything from China?

How much would it cost to set up a factory with automation the scale of China to build motors of various sizes for different applications?

Wishlist includes DC motors of various sizes.

How much from ground up manufacturing happens- dont know...

AnantS

Country flag

How much from ground up manufacturing happens- dont know...
To add to above- last chennai? Def expo we had aa startup who had developed hub motors (dont remember but it was for naval applications).

raju1982

Country flag
To add to above- last chennai? Def expo we had aa startup who had developed hub motors (dont remember but it was for naval applications).
All this 15 years MoD did not built a drone ecosystem thojgh India is a huge market. MoD must infuelnce big investments to create big OEMs. Orders of few 100s will never work in creating a MIC.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
All this 15 years MoD did not built a drone ecosystem thojgh India is a huge market. MoD must infuelnce big investments to create big OEMs. Orders of few 100s will never work in creating a MIC.
if you are not upto date on the information and current trends, atleast have the courtesy to pose it as a question. don't just bluff.

Indian army has placed orders for nearly 2,000 drones for surveillance

https://www.telegraphindia.com/indi...arly-2000-drones-for-surveillance/cid/1908405

after nagorno karabakh conflict, drones have become a priority area for GoI and MoD.

raju1982

Country flag
if you are not upto date on the information and current trends, atleast have the courtesy to pose it as a question. don't just bluff.

Indian army has placed orders for nearly 2,000 drones for surveillance

https://www.telegraphindia.com/indi...arly-2000-drones-for-surveillance/cid/1908405

after nagorno karabakh conflict, drones have become a priority area for GoI and MoD.
2000 drones is a small numner if you spread for multiple companies. That will not make them become OEM. If NK conflict between two states with combined population less than Delhi and almost no scientific achievement teaching 4th most powerful military in the world, than there is something wrong. That also means GoI/MoD was all sleeping during Predator Dronacharya eliminating porks and talibans only few hundreds km from Indian border

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
2000 drones is a small numner if you spread for multiple companies. That will not make them become OEM. If NK conflict between two states with combined population less than Delhi and almost no scientific achievement teaching 4th most powerful military in the world, than there is something wrong.
for a conservative organisation like IA, which literally takes decades to procure some of their equipments, for them to adopt a new tech beyond what they were planning to use it for, immediately after the next military escalation happened i.e chini escalation, is a big deal when compared to their past records.

India is India, no point comparing with some imaginary gold standards. if things were going like clock work, this thread won't be 2400 pages long. 70% of this thread is of people lamenting.

point is, in the Indian military procurement scheme of things, where things move at snails pace, totally overlooking/discrediting whatever little that does happen is either being disingenuous or ignorant.

tsunami

Country flag
Can Brahmos be used against moving targets? Why I ask this is, Rudram II has a speed of Mach 5.5, while Brahmos has Mach 3. So, even if it is lower in weight, it can generate kinetic energy as high as Brahmos in addition to the same amount of warhead to penetrate deep targets, which effectively reduces the requirement of Brahmos other than to attack moving targets.
In above info graphic it's clear that at time of hitting target speed is only above mach 1. Not mach 5.5. Also flight altitude is aprox 40 kms. So this have a very different profile then Brahmos. It's more like low cost low weight solution for scenario where a different air launched missile can be used.

sameer3694

It's not just Garuda, there are other companies that are claiming to make consumer drones in India and they are just flat out lying. They import parts from China and just assemble it here. Though Indian govt has technically banned the import of Chinese drones, these third party dalals like Garuda, IZI and InsideFPV have found ways to circumvent these regulations.

IZI launched a 4k drone MiniX (Originally i9 Max on AliExpress)
InsideFPV another company which got funded in Shark tank last year, recently launched Elevate V1. Turns out its just Faith 2 Pro rebranded.

Just slap a Made in India label and shamelessly charge 3x the price .Like Micromax.(Aao cheeni kare kam)

Note: I'm only talking about consumer drones though, military related stuff is different.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
It's not just Garuda, there are other companies that are claiming to make consumer drones in India and they are just flat out lying. They import parts from China and just assemble it here. Though Indian govt has technically banned the import of Chinese drones, these third party dalals like Garuda, IZI and InsideFPV have found ways to circumvent these regulations.

IZI launched a 4k drone MiniX (Originally i9 Max on AliExpress)
InsideFPV another company which got funded in Shark tank last year, recently launched Elevate V1. Turns out its just Faith 2 Pro rebranded.

Just slap a Made in India label and shamelessly charge 3x the price .Like Micromax.(Aao cheeni kare kam)

Note: I'm only talking about consumer drones though, military related stuff is different.
And surprise surprise just found out Garuda has strong political ties in TN that's how they started.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles