DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Congrats to Turkey, now compare this with mobile phone video of Swift shared. Jokers :frusty:

Ones done by a private company while another one is done under pmo a project that's been kept hush hush and we even get updates after a month that something happened, it flew 7 times we only got to know about what 2-3 so I think not fare to compare these 2

raju1982

Country flag
Ones done by a private company while another one is done under pmo a project that's been kept hush hush and we even get updates after a month that something happened, it flew 7 times we only got to know about what 2-3 so I think not fare to compare these 2
True but that does not justify the low quality and bizzare angle, novice videos from DRDO/ISRO. DRDO /ISRO officials have admitted they are trying good PR, and this is not the way to make a good impression on young crowd

mcpo117

Country flag
True but that does not justify the low quality and bizzare angle, novice videos from DRDO/ISRO. DRDO /ISRO officials have admitted they are trying good PR, and this is not the way to make a good impression on young crowd
bro Indian PR is shit. watch ISRO launch telecasts, they are crappy quality. We need better. Govt. has resources.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I wouldn't call it pr tbh it's just some uncle taking a vid on his phone they need a dedicated pr department if they don't have one and hire some young guys from art and photography department shit ton of talent just waiting for opportunities

raju1982

Country flag
I wouldn't call it pr tbh it's just some uncle taking a vid on his phone they need a dedicated pr department if they don't have one and hire some young guys from art and photography department shit ton of talent just waiting for opportunities
Kuntal doing great work.

raju1982

Country flag
What engine are the Turks using?

Also how does it compare to our Ghatak?
I think though turky's one flying is bigger than Swift, ultimately Ghatak will be much bigger. But the main point is Swift is much more advanced than thn this atleast from shape, specially engine exhaust

blackleaf

Country flag
I think though turky's one flying is bigger than Swift, ultimately Ghatak will be much bigger. But the main point is Swift is much more advanced than thn this atleast from shape, specially engine exhaust
Apparently it has a max payload of 1200 kg

The X-47B for reference has a max payload of 2000kg. The X-47B has also not been out into mass production despite having its first flight back in 2011. Maybe the US navy found it impractical?

raju1982

Country flag
Apparently it has a max payload of 1200 kg

The X-47B for reference has a max payload of 2000kg. The X-47B has also not been out into mass production despite having its first flight back in 2011. Maybe the US navy found it impractical?
Ghatak should have more than 2 ton payload as it is not meant for carrier operations.

SavageKing456

Country flag
This anka looks very basic aspect of stealth design
Seems like Turks start with prototype and then enhance it

Narasimh

Country flag
1703834810668.png

So Ananth Krishnan Ji clearly indicates what's plaguing the DRDO and the need to weed out the non-perfromers.. Hope that the DRDO reform committee comes up with right recommendations where the right incentives are given to the talented motivated scientists and non-performing ones should be moved to lower end departments where they are not involved in research even though firing them would be ideal but is not a possibility I see.

fooLIam

View attachment 234283

So Ananth Krishnan Ji clearly indicates what's plaguing the DRDO and the need to weed out the non-perfromers.. Hope that the DRDO reform committee comes up with right recommendations where the right incentives are given to the talented motivated scientists and non-performing ones should be moved to lower end departments where they are not involved in research even though firing them would be ideal but is not a possibility I see.
Nothing will happen you and me both will get old listening and whining about same thing becoz Indian politics itself oozes nothing but mediocrity,laziness and freebies etc where hardwork is shunned and people reward such politics. whose going to reform Hal and sundry when politician doing so would be unpopular and will risk “electoral circus” punishment.

Narasimh

Country flag
Nothing will happen you and me both will get old listening and whining about same thing becoz Indian politics itself oozes nothing but mediocrity,laziness and freebies etc where hardwork is shunned and people reward such politics. whose going to reform Hal and sundry when politician doing so would be unpopular and will risk “electoral circus” punishment.
That may be true but we cannot wait for an ideal condition, we have to work with what we got and in that the govt should at least put the new policies in place which gives the babus the guidelines to work with...something is better than nothing.
Also I believe the defense ministry should go to Gadkari (or may be Ashwini Vaishnav) rather than someone like Rajnath Ji, with due regrds to him. He is a measured and mature leader but I think we need a much more dynamic approach with R&D. But these high end portfolios always land with senior people.

Global Defence

Articles