DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

raju1982

Country flag
Straight from horse mouth now.

MRCA is long dead, no matter how much anybody tries to revive it. After LCA Mk1A we will jump to LCA Mk2 naturally. IAF unlikely to buy any foreign fighter jet anymore.
MRCA is very much alive and IAF want it more than anyone else. The deal could be signed after the election if Modi comes back to power. Might me Rafale F4.

johnj

I had seen it coming ..
KF21 despite being nothig infront of F-35 , still contained too substantial tech to be shared with "bin pende ka Lota+ momin mulk" like Indonesia. Even UAE deal won't go through. Maybe only jets for thee.
KF21 is a 4.5th gen jet.

Azaad

Country flag

Intresting testbed for what kaveri?
Let's see if they're built to Super Sukhoi standards or the usual MKI standards to be upgraded to Super Sukhoi later in perhaps a decade from their deployment. I'm betting on the latter whereas the former could well give us a template to see the transition of MKIs to Super Sukhoi standards.

johnj

To use as a power plant in tanks ? That's the study commissioned I was alluding to earlier .
I'm sorry but
1694864776367.png

you missed ELECTRIC COMBAT VEHICLES its like tesla car
I think - compact nuclear reactor. pele, carried by a vehicle generate electric power, which may used to charge electric vehicle or base
Your post headline is about next gen Mobile Power Station

Azaad

Country flag
No, for small towns upto 1 lalh people. Lockheed is working on this.
Please go back to read what I'd written earlier . I'm well aware of their future plans to commission such reactors whose primary aim is to power garrisons overseas in case of future conflicts. What you're referring to is the potential commercial spin off of it.

AnantS

Country flag
:yawn: or maybe, we can try to put HAL HTSE-1200 turboshaft which generated about 1600 shaft horsepower maximum on Arjun; something similar solution to that to Abrams and T-80

I mean c'mon at least try to do something instead of khali haath baithe rehna
i would rather gtre to pursue a turboprop from kaveri. for land vehicles diesel suits us chindi khors best. US and Russia bathe in oil, they really don't care much for simple things like fuel economy and maintenance costs (esp us)-which on other hand matters a lot for us.

For Land vehicles developing ethanol engines , battery packs and quickest charging facility should be top priority

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles