DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

johnj

Great News but still sad state of affairs

only 6 netra mk2 we need double that amount, not to mention they will only be able to provide 300° coverage,
(I hope the next 6 netra mk3 will be rotordome variant with 360° coverage)

7 EW aircrafts aren't enough either, currently we have none, we need at the very least 12 of those

Only 2 SIGNIT aircraft, honestly at this point why even bother and order even those 2, let the sad state of affairs keep going.

Our Refueler situation is even worse, 6 soviet era IL 78 which are grounded half the time

It feels so ducking hopeless 😔😔😔
Who is Faceless ??
Q. JSTARS used for ground surveillance, right ? then which one is ground surveillance aircraft in the list ??

Fatalis

Country flag

Great News but still sad state of affairs

only 6 netra mk2 we need double that amount, not to mention they will only be able to provide 300° coverage,
(I hope the next 6 netra mk3 will be rotordome variant with 360° coverage)

7 EW aircrafts aren't enough either, currently we have none, we need at the very least 12 of those

Only 2 SIGNIT aircraft, honestly at this point why even bother and order even those 2, let the sad state of affairs keep going.

Our Refueler situation is even worse, 6 soviet era IL 78 which are grounded half the time

It feels so ducking hopeless 😔😔😔
Can anyone provide the source for this 7 aircrafts news?

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Rudram 3 captive trial will be from su30
Aircraft is being modified from same
This aircraft was previously modified for Astra and ngarm trial
Can confirm that ngarm trial in all form is over

not so dravidian

Country flag
Are we developing own desi ISTAR or getting 4 from USA? Too much confusion.
Yea bro, it's kinda confusing.
It's said that Raytheon is helping us with advanced image forming techniques/algorithm.

As for AESA panel, it's from DRDO with Raytheon optimising it.
It comes under DTTI collaboration, so I guess analogous to brahmos collaboration.

Fatalis

Country flag
Yea bro, it's kinda confusing.
It's said that Raytheon is helping us with advanced image forming techniques/algorithm.

As for AESA panel, it's from DRDO with Raytheon optimising it.
It comes under DTTI collaboration, so I guess analogous to brahmos collaboration.
I also have some doubt regarding the platforms. They might go for Bombardier aircrafts, again a new aircraft getting into IAF. Can't this system be optimised to use on C-295? Can't C-295 act as the platform for Netra MK-1A?

indiatester

Country flag
#Swavlamban2023
#SPRINT Challenges

2nd Edition of the #Swavlamban seminar will showcase the progress & achievements in identified niche technologies.
One such tech - Carbon Nano Tubes / Aerogel based fabrics.
Multiple uses - seen here being used as camouflage against IR cameras.

Is this a demo of a locally researched and developed product? Or just an item that we wish to localize?

Chinmoy

Country flag
:eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1:

That thing has what, 2000mm pen?

Only downside I see is that the ammo and gun will weigh a f-ton, plus vehicle will have to be highly reinforced for the recoil.

Edit- I now see its a two piece ammo, my bad. Still about 1300 ish would not be surprising.
Along with weight, other issue is storage. With this, K2 could hold just 17 rounds in its autoloader.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles