Sachinananda

alternate account

View attachment 215270
Again some jai ho gang will come in sm and say foreign lobby is false theory
I mean luh is deliberately being killed by armed forces and its damn clear
No fancy RFI
No fancy requirements
But direct attempt
Now this again lies on GoI to push luh towards success otherwise this is going nowhere
Even no formal orders have been given for lch

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I dont know. Maybe they want more additions? Like kiowa heli had a mast mounted sensor pod etc.
A mast mounted multi-spectral sensor with laser rangefinder/designator for artillery spotting, .50 cal gun pod on one pylon and a rocket pod on other...except the sad reality that our defence procurement is still technologically illiterate to identify these bells and whistles.

God forbid if Army really goes for a foreign option it'll be more or less just like HAL's LUH. Obviously except for some absurd requirements put just to disqualify all other contender...the said helicopter must include an "Euro" in it and its name should preferably end in a "-copter".

Vamsi

Country flag
FYI
Its the IAF, who decides which aircraft is IOC standard and FOC standard and IOC and FOC given by IAF
The order is placed by GoI, not Tejas-Mk2 Project Director
He only showing its inability as a Tejas-Mk2 Project Director by saying such thing, only thing he can say is when mk2 going to rollout and first flight - the two this comes under his control.
If you want to post, post when mk2s rollout and first flight with 100% accuracy & old interview video irreverent today due to new requirements

By the way, do you have any idea and difference between IOC, FOC & need LSP ??
If you know these things, its is easily understandable that, if first aircraft fly today, then second one only fly after 6 yeas, but that is not what he said.
According to him, first two aircraft used to check FBW FCS and other aerodynamic s/m pls sensors, avionics needed for ioc {flight testing} called ioc standard prototype, next ones used to check advanced systems, sensor fusion, EW suite, guns etc and weapons,[systems & weapons testing]called foc standard prototype, this help to avoid 7+ year taken to develop foc from ioc in mk1 case and eliminated use of LSP aircraft for testing, like currently hal using lsp for mk1a s/m checking. After completing development of IOC standard aircraft. HAL start series production, means HAL starts LSP, during this time ADA certify [less than 2 years] all weapons
In simple, ADA guarantee that they are not going to repeat the mistakes done in mk1 pgrm
Biggest issue is funding and GoI support for ADA, DRDO and private co developer
The important thing you need to understand is that, unlike mk1, mk2 comes with Indian lr aam, pgm, agm, arm. ashm, multiple sensors, advanced ew suite, maws, ccm, standoff weapons, alcm, wingman, targeting pod etc, its a big/huge pgrm
What I have said are NOT my own words, those are his (Mk-2 PD's) words.....I just repeated them here

Fatalis

Country flag

Fatalis

Country flag
If the plans for a A-330 based AWACS are shelved then what is Netra-3?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
India is a non-serious country
Oh no...now what will we offer to Argentina!?
:crying:

But on a serious note if HAL/ADA/DRDO can really pull off a single C-295 based AWACS, Maritime Patrol and battlefield surveillance plane feat then it would be much better than having a Diwali assortment of multiple platforms, but again if

Articles