DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Fatalis

Country flag
I am having a doubt regarding the aircraft generations. Like USA, Germany-France, UK-Japan-Spain all are developing a sixth generation fighter jet.

Is there any specific criteria which will make the developed jet as six generation? Like generally all the generations are what USA has defined.

Now, if USA introduces near hypersonic speed with their aircrafts and others cannot then will they also qualify for six generation tag?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I am having a doubt regarding the aircraft generations. Like USA, Germany-France, UK-Japan-Spain all are developing a sixth generation fighter jet.

Is there any specific criteria which will make the developed jet as six generation? Like generally all the generations are what USA has defined.

Now, if USA introduces near hypersonic speed with their aircrafts and others cannot then will they also qualify for six generation tag?
This is how USAF defines genarations
CifM3QNWsAAR1Rq.jpg

And if you look at 5th generation then you'd find that we've kind of reached the developmental plateau of jet fighters where there isn't much left to invent.

So instead of a very clear differentiations like we see between 3rd and 4th generation i.e. low observable/not-low observable what we'll see would be kind of vaguely defined parameters like we see in case of 4 and 4+ generation fighters. F-15 is 4th genarations and Rafale is 4+, but you can modify F-15 (Silent Eagle) to make it a 4+ too.
So in most probable case we'd simply see 5+ and 5++ generation fighters instead of a 6th gen.

But as you mentioned there's an exception to it and that is if someone achieves a breakthrough in fighter technology; hypersonic flight, control surfaceless flight, Adaptive Cycle Engines...then these things would be the defining parameters of the next generation of fighters; the 6th gen.

Fatalis

Country flag
This is how USAF defines genarations
View attachment 214527
And if you look at 5th generation then you'd find that we've kind of reached the developmental plateau of jet fighters where there isn't much left to invent.

So instead of a very clear differentiations like we see between 3rd and 4th generation i.e. low observable/not-low observable what we'll see would be kind of vaguely defined parameters like we see in case of 4 and 4+ generation fighters. F-15 is 4th genarations and Rafale is 4+, but you can modify F-15 (Silent Eagle) to make it a 4+ too.
So in most probable case we'd simply see 5+ and 5++ generation fighters instead of a 6th gen.

But as you mentioned there's an exception to it and that is if someone achieves a breakthrough in fighter technology; hypersonic flight, control surfaceless flight, Adaptive Cycle Engines...then these things would be the defining parameters of the next generation of fighters; the 6th gen.
Senpai, thank you for explaining.

Fatalis

Country flag

In line with their outstanding cooperation in military aviation spanning over five decades, India and France welcome the timely delivery of the 36 Rafale ordered by India.] In the future, India and France will extend their ground-breaking defence cooperation in advanced aeronautical technologies by supporting the joint development of a combat aircraft engine. (A roadmap on this project will be prepared[TT1] [P2] between Safran and DRDO before the end of this year.) They also support industrial cooperation for motorization of heavy-lift helicopters under the Indian Multi Role Helicopter [IMRH] programme with Safran Helicopter Engine, France. To enable progress on the IMRH programme, a Shareholders’ Agreement between Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), India and Safran Helicopter Engine, France has been concluded for engine development. These ventures are in line with the spirit of trust that prevails between India and France in the sharing and joint development of critical components and technology building blocks, based on the successful Indo-French experience in technology transfer.

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
1,500 - Safari 1,470 - Scorpio 1,850 - Scorpio

Now they just need to order 1,000 Fortuner and write "Jatt - Haryana Aale"...and they'll be good to go
Aren't these just to travel from base to base Scorpio is great choice indeed but I don't get why can't they standardize these too do they really like to put there hand in all bins?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Aren't these just to travel from base to base Scorpio is great choice indeed but I don't get why can't they standardize these too do they really like to put there hand in all bins?
Not much standardization needed here. All are desi brand so parts will not be an issue.

thebakofbakchod

Is it just me or has almost no new mijjile been tested in the last 1 year? Even NOTAMs seem to just be cancelled or pushed back. Has DRDO gone back to sleep? Only old missiles seem to be getting retested, and that too with low orders. What happened to extended Pinakas for example? No news on extending their range >100km

jai jaganath

Country flag
Is it just me or has almost no new mijjile been tested in the last 1 year? Even NOTAMs seem to just be cancelled or pushed back. Has DRDO gone back to sleep? Only old missiles seem to be getting retested, and that too with low orders. What happened to extended Pinakas for example? No news on extending their range >100km
Ab start mat karo orders ke bare me atleast
Warna bohot frustration niklega

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Aren't these just to travel from base to base
More like shaam ko Madam ki shopping and bachhon ko movie
Not much standardization needed here. All are desi brand so parts will not be an issue.
Definitely procurement won't be an issue but maintanence and logistics would be; instead of one type of engines and it's training you'll now have to do that for two

Articles