DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AnantS

Country flag
That had a purpose, smokeless propellant.
Both are smokeless ie MK 1 and Mk 2! color has mostly to do with kind of chemical composition and temp. Violet/Purple exhaust - now I maybe wrong - wont they be more like to trigger some MAWS which are designed to detect ultraviolet spectrum exhaust plume of missile?

blackleaf

Country flag
Except the fact that SWaP requirements of modern radars have improved exponentially.

A X-band radar now weighs just 60kg, consumes less than 800W of power while being capable enough to detect a low RCS target at distance up to 35km.

In that 150kg weight constraints of TB-2 you can have radar coverage for range more than 300km, a EW suit and sonobuoy...at the same time.
The Ka-31s are outdated but any radar you fit onto the TB-2 will be inferior to that on a modern fighter much less an E-2 due to size, weight and power constraints. With a small drone like the TB-2 you can get longer endurance but at the cost of significantly worse radar performance compared to something larger and jet powered. You would also need multiple TB-2 type drones to get 360 degree coverage. The US and China are both developing carrier based drones but all of those that I have seen have been larger jet powered drones.

It might be still be worth it depending on how much room they take up. How many TB-2 type drones can you fit in place of a Ka-31?

Gyyan

Country flag
It's funny how people just count Kizilelma and Bayraktar TB-2 as Turkish drones and just simply forget they there's another company by the name TAI which also manufactures drones.

Obviously, and not just ours but any country's requirements can't be sufficed by just one type of drone. And that's why they have a freaking seven different types of drones.

1. Bayraktar TB-2
150kg payload, 7km altitude, 27hr endurance.
2. Bayraktar TB-3
Almost same as TB-2 but carrier capable.
3. Bayraktar Akinci
1300kg payload, 9km altitude, 25hr endurance.
4. Bayraktar Kizilelma
1500kg payload, 11km altitude, 6hr endurance, stealth, supersonic.
5. TAI Anka
350kg payload, 9km altitude, 30hr endurance.
6. TAI Aksungur
750kg payload, 12km altitude, 60hr endurance.
7. TAI Anka-3
1200kg payload, 12km altitude, 10hr endurance, stealth.

First thing first, there's no comparison between them. But if you really wanna do this then I've no issues.
What about payload then?
Kizilelma has payload of 1500kg against 350kg of Tapas.
Let's talk about speed. 0.9 Mach of Kizilelma Vs I don't know maybe 0.1-0.2 Mach of Tapas.
Kizilelma is stealth by the way.

Compare Rustom/Archer/Panchhi with TB-2.
Compare Tapas with Anka.
Compare Ghatak with Anka-3.
Compare CATS Warrior with Kizilelma.
Compare our carrier capable UAV with TB-3, coz I'm sure we must be having one right? I mean we're using aircraft carrier for past 6 decades, so it should be obvious to have at least one.

And tell me which one's far ahead in terms of specs.
I thought CATS was planned to be carrier capable cause the promo video for CATS showed a full CATS family package with an AC.
Screenshot_2023-04-28-22-31-28-898_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Lonewarrior

Country flag
C'mon Mate, stop tempting me to keep replying.
Nothing will happen to you but Anirudhha will bonk me and send to horny jail for posting irrelevant stuff 😏
The Ka-31s are outdated but any radar you fit onto the TB-2 will be inferior to that on a modern fighter much less an E-2 due to size, weight and power constraints. With a small drone like the TB-2 you can get longer endurance but at the cost of significantly worse radar performance compared to something larger and jet powered. You would also need multiple TB-2 type drones to get 360 degree coverage. The US and China are both developing carrier based drones but all of those that I have seen have been larger jet powered drones.
Leonardo's Osprey 30 radar weighs just 11kg and has a range of 370km, now compare that to the 24ft diameter AN/APS-145 radar of E-2C having 550km range. Technology like AESA and Gallium-Arsenide have become much more advanced mate, accept it.

And who told you that you need multiple drones to get complete coverage!?
With three Osprey 50 (newest upgrade of 30) mounted together you can get 360° coverage up to a range comparable to Hawkeye's.

Do some reading, see yourself where exactly the industry is currently standing and is heading towards. Arguing here is just one side of the coin, keeping yourself up-to-date is other. Do both
Find out more about the L-band radar of Ka-31 and then about Osprey 50. Read about new innovations like distributed aperture and GaN.
It might be still be worth it depending on how much room they take up. How many TB-2 type drones can you fit in place of a Ka-31?
1 in normal condition and 2 in close packing.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I may be wrong, but a missile can be launched both by rail and ejection.

Same AIM-120s are rail launched on legacy fighters but ejection launched in F-22s and F-35s
Astra mk2 is a ejector lunched missile ,also it was seen in drdo photo graphs
Now Astra mk2 has its own luncher
Ngarm used to have a modified Russian ejector originally for Russian bombs

I might be wrong too

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Astra mkII will have two solid motors with MDN-250 metallic motor casings of 190 mm dia. Mk1 had 178 mm dia.

The propellant used is non aluminised HTPB based with slotted tube grain configuration. AP(Ammonium perchlorate) is the major ingredient .

15 such sets will have to be delivered within 8 months of contract signature.

Screenshot_20230428-223630~2.png

Screenshot_20230428-223705~2.png

jai jaganath

Country flag