DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
It's funny how people just count Kizilelma and Bayraktar TB-2 as Turkish drones and just simply forget they there's another company by the name TAI which also manufactures drones.
Drone like Kizilelma is not going to suffice our requirement
Obviously, and not just ours but any country's requirements can't be sufficed by just one type of drone. And that's why they have a freaking seven different types of drones.

1. Bayraktar TB-2
150kg payload, 7km altitude, 27hr endurance.
2. Bayraktar TB-3
Almost same as TB-2 but carrier capable.
3. Bayraktar Akinci
1300kg payload, 9km altitude, 25hr endurance.
4. Bayraktar Kizilelma
1500kg payload, 11km altitude, 6hr endurance, stealth, supersonic.
5. TAI Anka
350kg payload, 9km altitude, 30hr endurance.
6. TAI Aksungur
750kg payload, 12km altitude, 60hr endurance.
7. TAI Anka-3
1200kg payload, 12km altitude, 10hr endurance, stealth.
Endurance of Kizilelma is 6 hours against the 18 hrs of present Tapas.
First thing first, there's no comparison between them. But if you really wanna do this then I've no issues.
What about payload then?
Kizilelma has payload of 1500kg against 350kg of Tapas.
Let's talk about speed. 0.9 Mach of Kizilelma Vs I don't know maybe 0.1-0.2 Mach of Tapas.
Kizilelma is stealth by the way.
Rustom/Tapas is far ahead then Kizilelma specs wise.
Compare Rustom/Archer/Panchhi with TB-2.
Compare Tapas with Anka.
Compare Ghatak with Anka-3.
Compare CATS Warrior with Kizilelma.
Compare our carrier capable UAV with TB-3, coz I'm sure we must be having one right? I mean we're using aircraft carrier for past 6 decades, so it should be obvious to have at least one.

And tell me which one's far ahead in terms of specs.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

View attachment 200091

View attachment 200090
Thats it baays we're screwed, we don't even have a turbo prop engine of our own and hoping to become a supa dupa powa , my ass ! Shame on GoI and defence establishment for not taking up engine dev seriously and funding it properly as well as not funding FTB ! I guess we're good to eat grass in this field forever. What are all the IAF top brass doing ? Why is no one speaking one on one with PMO to fund engine dev like the strategic SSBN ? No one seems serious, chalti ki naam gaadi and all that...keep pushing the ball further down the road, let the future IAF chief take care of it, not maah problem, let me retire to my bungalow.

samsaptaka

Country flag

If this is true then India is leading in electronic warfare regime....😍😍😍
thoda namak ragdo.
If India was leading EW, we would not have spent Billions to procure 36.
Given IA's pork centric thinking, anything that makes you defeat porkie efforts is world class !

samsaptaka

Country flag
Why are we not capable of even building a powerful tank engine on our own ?
Its not a jet engine right, just an upscaled IC engine.
Why are TATA Mahindra etc...not given the contract to build one ?
Looks like for everything, import import import is the solution.
We will never be strategically independent if this keeps continuing...
German chaddi, belgium banian, US topi, gawd know what else from where, and then declare
we have an indigenous and aatmanirbhar defence industry :facepalm:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Thats it baays we're screwed, we don't even have a turbo prop engine of our own and hoping to become a supa dupa powa , my ass ! Shame on GoI and defence establishment for not taking up engine dev seriously and funding it properly as well as not funding FTB ! I guess we're good to eat grass in this field forever. What are all the IAF top brass doing ? Why is no one speaking one on one with PMO to fund engine dev like the strategic SSBN ? No one seems serious, chalti ki naam gaadi and all that...keep pushing the ball further down the road, let the future IAF chief take care of it, not maah problem, let me retire to my bungalow.
Why are we not capable of even building a powerful tank engine on our own ?
Its not a jet engine right, just an upscaled IC engine.
Why are TATA Mahindra etc...not given the contract to build one ?
Looks like for everything, import import import is the solution.
We will never be strategically independent if this keeps continuing...
German chaddi, belgium banian, US topi, gawd know what else from where, and then declare
we have an indigenous and aatmanirbhar defence industry :facepalm:
1. Directly buying good foreign technology
2. Doing a JV/ToT with foreign firm for a good technology
3. Copying foreign technology and claiming to be not just indigenous, but superior
4. Completely indigenous, but sub-par to its peers

Sadly these are the only four options that almost everyone in India sees while developing a new piece of weapon; from PSUs to small machining company, everyone.

Except for few chaps in DRDO working on things like missiles and radars, no one even considers that there's a fifth option of developing someone indigenous yet superior.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can you elaborate on these?
Propulsion systems are procured from foreign sources in projects such as the Original Light Utility and the Turkish Utility Helicopter, which have recently been initiated and are ongoing by Turkey. With the Turboshaft Engine Development Project (TMGP), it is aimed to localize the engine systems, one of the most important components of these projects, and to reduce the foreign dependency of these projects while increasing their domesticity rate. In this context, the Turboshaft Engine Development Project was officially launched on March 8, 2017.
https://www.tei.com.tr/tr/urunler/tei-ts1400-turbosaft-motor-gelistirme-projesi

From open source

Specs.jpg

rodeo

Country flag

jai jaganath

Country flag
Forget jet engines or turboprop engines we still don't have flying helicopter engine

jai jaganath

Country flag
Manufactured there doesn't mean IP right belong to them or they worked on the forging technique
Let me dig up source which I read few months back
If I get I will post it here
It was written that all the section has been designed and developed by them
I will search when I get some time
I even remember them manufacturing blades for it

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Let me dig up source which I read few months back
If I get I will post it here
It was written that all the section has been designed and developed by them
I will search when I get some time
I even remember them manufacturing blades for it
Tei is itself a joint venture ,so it isn't totally indigenous if proof of IP right is not there

Last edited: