DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

binayak95

Country flag
came to know @binayak95 recently had first-hand experience of firing Asmi 9mm SMG // Machine Pistol recently, he might be able to provide some pointers regd it
Recoil was nicely managed thanks to the blowback and 2kg ish weight of the gun.
It was accurate at 50 m and i fired mostly single shot with some manual bursts.

The ergos were good, gun felt nice and tight against my shoulders; felt easy to liftupand aim down the fixed sights.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag

Make in India sirji
Privatise privatise privatise. Lets Privatise DRDO. Then gentlemen with armani blazers with an IIM tag will come to the BoD meeting, see how to maximise share holder revenue, seeing a window to save USD100 by importing from Alibaba and assembling here rather than R&D here, signs the check and hooray - Make in India

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
from a procurement point of view, these are some major steps we know of.

RFI -> AoN -> RFP -> CCS -> Contract Signing

each involves different groups with in armed forces itself, last two is where PM, finance ministry and MEA(if necessary) comes into picture. there is no point for FM and MEA to get involved in RFI/AoN/RFP stages, if they are involved it will only increase the time required to cross that stage.

so it can't be a single window i think.
thnx...now i understand why our weapon procurement process sucks nd why cant three services spend their capital budget. messy process.

Gyyan

Country flag
Had to put this one here cause many of us including myself believe china to be far superior and forget how easily the likes of us are influenced when a respectable figure tells us that something Chinese is good and tend to generalise it everywhere.
The propaganda has made me think Chinese growth speed as some force of nature that is unstoppable by any means a fortress that's impenetrable type of stuff.
Posts like these help bring clarity and balance such propaganda bs.
Not arguing against that china is strong or growing very fast in terms of military tech but rather that we are taking info by a government that uses propaganda as one of it's greatest tool at its face value which is dangerous.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles