DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

GoI for u
They haven't cancelled the plan to build 6 nuclear attack submarines outright.
The new plan is to build 3 nuclear attack subs in Phase-1 and later on build another 3 nuclear attack subs as part of Phase-2 which will be far more refined and feature more indigenous content compared to the attack subs built under Phase-1.

jai jaganath

Country flag
They haven't cancelled the plan to build 6 nuclear attack submarines outright.
The new plan is to build 3 nuclear attack subs in Phase-1 and later on build another 3 nuclear attack subs as part of Phase-2 which will be far more refined and feature more indigenous content compared to the attack subs built under Phase-1.
Ig u know the demerits of piecemeal orders
If I go by your justification
Buy 6 so called less advanced ssn then go for 3 or 6 for more advanced
Our economy can support it
But no buying piecemeal will infact increase the cost make it unsustainable and more time to build it

jai jaganath

Country flag
And what if it does?
From your tweets I get a strong feeling that you want the ATAGS to not be ordered in order to satisfy your ego.
I will be most happiest person on planet
If it gets cleared
Let's see how much time it takes to get clearance

Lonewarrior

Country flag
you want the ATAGS to not be ordered
It's me, I'm the person who doesn't want ATAGS to get ordered...and before you brand me Western Bootlicker...I also don't want ATHOS to be ordered.

It feels so bad to induct these towed gun only to get bonked by some Chinese loitering munitions with random funny names like Sky Dragon 3 or Wind Fire 6.

In Ukraine M777s have an attrition rate of more than 20%.

AnantS

Country flag
It's me, I'm the person who doesn't want ATAGS to get ordered...and before you brand me Western Bootlicker...I also don't want ATHOS to be ordered.

It feels so bad to induct these towed gun only to get bonked by some Chinese loitering munitions with random funny names like Sky Dragon 3 or Wind Fire 6.

So has China disbanded there towed artillery due to fear of loitering munitions from Newspace?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
So has China disbanded there towed artillery due to fear of loitering munitions from Newspace?
Chinese artillery sucks. Period
Most of their artillery is based on old Soviet D-30s so that's not some high bar to cross.

But still you would find they have more of mobile artillery than towed artillery. And also among those mobile artillery you would find a good number of them to be armoured/auto-loaded.

If you really want to see the trend then look at the example of Archer or RCH155

Chinmoy

Country flag
Ccs baki hai mere dost
Last time dac approved 115 units right did it get ccs clearance
25 Aug 2018.

In further quest for modernisation of the Armed forces the DAC also granted approval to a few other proposals amounting to approximately Rs. 24,879.16 crores, which included approval for procurement of 150 numbers of Indigenously Designed and Developed 155 mm Advanced Towed Artillery Gun Systems for the Indian Army at an approximate cost of Rs 3,364.78 crores.
16 March 2023.

For Artillery modernisation, in addition to the ongoing Dhanush Gun System and K-9 Vajra-T Gun System, AoN for procurement of 155mm/52 Caliber Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS) along with High Mobility Vehicles (HMVs) and Gun Towing Vehicles (GTVs) for the Indian Army was accorded by the DAC.
There is huge difference in between both.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
China has a lot of truck mounted howitzers and by the looks of it we are also going in that direction.but loitering munitions has taken out a lot of SPG as well
China has a lot of flatland to work with in Tibet. Loitering munitions are a threat to anything without air defense. We need more wheeled and tracked SPHs but there are places where towed systems would best, or perhaps army is concerned about cost, so they've insisted in past that most of the Artillery be towed.
And that Long Range Stand-off Weapon is?
Rudram possibly ?

Blackmamba

Country flag

The most damage that a weapon system has done in Ukraine conflict is the artillery being directed by small drones. Just because a 155 mm shell doesn't have a inbuilt camera doesn't mean that it won't have a kill radius of 50 meters.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles