DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
In that case, with equal propellant the range should be higher?
That's what I was also bit confused about. The flight time is 15-20s and the max speed is M1.5
So even if we take lower limit; 15s...the range comes at 7.5km+

Another possibility is that maybe they're using a very shitty propellant, perhaps the same used in NAG

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
That's what I was also bit confused about. The flight time is 15-20s and the max speed is M1.5
So even if we take lower limit; 15s...the range comes at 7.5km+

Another possibility is that maybe they're using a very shitty propellant, perhaps the same used in NAG
Maybe misquoted by Adani, defence companies do give random numbers for ranges sometimes. Given that we have been making AD missiles for quite some time, unlikely we are using a worse propellant than the US had in 1960s.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Maybe misquoted by Adani, defence companies do give random numbers for ranges sometimes. Given that we have been making AD missiles for quite some time, unlikely we are using a worse propellant than the US had in 1960s.
I also hope that the fuckup is only at the brochure level, not design level.

Coz if it is, then even the Cockroaches are making better MANPADs than us...
Screenshot_2023-03-16-15-00-43-58_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I also hope that the fuckup is only at the brochure level, not design level.

Coz if it is, then even the Cockroaches are making better MANPADs than us...
View attachment 196867
MANPADS ? I have yet to see somebody shoulder fire whatever we're making right now (MANPADS/VSHORADS). We're still firing it from a CLU placed on the ground with a remote trigger. So we haven't actually made any MANPADS yet.
The FIM-92 is almost 50 years old and we still can't push something out for service in 2023.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
MANPADS ? I have yet to see somebody shoulder fire whatever we're making right now (MANPADS/VSHORADS). We're still firing it from a CLU placed on the ground with a remote trigger. So we haven't actually made any MANPADS yet.
The FIM-92 is almost 50 years old and we still can't push something out for service in 2023.
Same for mpatgm sir same

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Now you're just fat shaming our cute little MANPADs

Articles