DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Photon

Country flag
Ummmnn...actually the sequence are so fast it seems like it's hot launched.

Cold Gas Generator is fired, the missile is ejected upwards, as soon as it clears the VLS the solid rocket booster is fired (that's why it feels like hot launch), missile gains altitude and TVC in booster pitch downs the missile by 90°, inlet cover is seperated and missile gets boosted toward target.

Moreover you can see the gas genarator here
View attachment 196731

Watch from 2 mins
Good answer, I didn't understand that one because of the plumes from the booster..

NutCracker

Country flag
1. Barak-MX which has Barak MRAD, LRAD and Barak-ER are all Israeli systems which they developed on their own and they hold the complete IP for that. Here, Barak-MRAD has 35km range, Barak-LRAD has 70km range and the Barak-ER has 150km range.

2. IA and IAF used to refer the 70km range SAM as the MRSAM where as IN used to call it as LRSAM. But now, it seems the tri-service has started calling the missile only as MRSAM. As of now, there is no confirmation that any of our armed forces operate Barak-8ER missile. So, we can say we do not have any 150km SAM. We only operate 70km range SAM.

3. I am not sure which ERSAM you are talking about? There was suppose to be a missile named ERSAM with a range of 150km which will become a part of ERADS. We can't say if it is related to Barak-ER or not.
Do we even own some kind of IP in any technology involved in Barak series missiles.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Do we even own some kind of IP in any technology involved in Barak series missiles.
Not exactly.

The co-development is more about tailor making of Barak-8 to suit our need. The dual-pulse rocket motor, associated motor arming/safeing mechanisms, and the pneumatic actuation system are the parts which we have developed under the program.

Fatalis

Country flag
Not exactly.

The co-development is more about tailor making of Barak-8 to suit our need. The dual-pulse rocket motor, associated motor arming/safeing mechanisms, and the pneumatic actuation system are the parts which we have developed under the program.
And now we are even venturing in the triple-pulse rocket motor technology.

Aniruddha Mulay

Looks like the $2.5 billion Brahmos order for the Indian Navy is for the 11 frigates under construction and NGMMCB which are going to replace the outdated Styx coastal batteries.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Alpha Defence at its best for you @SwordOfDarkness
Screenshot_2023-03-15-18-18-55-31_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

- Calling drag reducing Aerospike a "probe"

- Labelling sustainer motor as miniaturized reaction control system; I mean he didn't even understood by the rearward pointed nozzles that it's not a RCS

- Boost motor is sustainer motor for him

- Visually VSHORADs seems bigger than Mistral, let alone Stinger...still warhead is 2kg.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Alpha Defence at its best for you @SwordOfDarkness
View attachment 196759
- Calling drag reducing Aerospike a "probe"

- Labelling sustainer motor as miniaturized reaction control system; I mean he didn't even understood by the rearward pointed nozzles that it's not a RCS

- Boost motor is sustainer motor for him

- Visually VSHORADs seems bigger than Mistral, let alone Stinger...still warhead is 2kg.
Though to be fair,

1678885605272.png

Though aerospike as probe is rather atrocious.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Interesting...never knew the specs.
Thanks

And now the whole missile seems atrocious if I compare it to another 90mm diameter motor MANPADs; Mistral-3

🤦‍♂️
I hope that the 20kg weight includes the tripod, else this is an absolute trash missile..... Only redeeming factor is high amount of Indian content, but I wouldnt trust it to be much useful in war. People wount be running around with 30kg manpads on their shoulder.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I hope that the 20kg weight includes the tripod, else this is an absolute trash missile..... Only redeeming factor is high amount of Indian content, but I wouldnt trust it to be much useful in war. People wount be running around with 30kg manpads on their shoulder.
Lol...that 20kg weight is just the missile in flight...not even including launch motor and canister.

Mistral-3 is 1.8m long and 90mm in diameter and weighs 20kg. This thing's 2m long with the same diameter so obviously that 20kg weight is for missile only. Also Mistral-3 achieves a max range of more than 7km.

But perhaps what's killing me most is the speed...Stinger has a speed of Mach 2+, for Mistral it's 2.5+ and StarStreak travels at Mach 4

Aniruddha Mulay

Lol...that 20kg weight is just the missile in flight...not even including launch motor and canister.

Mistral-3 is 1.8m long and 90mm in diameter and weighs 20kg. This thing's 2m long with the same diameter so obviously that 20kg weight is for missile only. Also Mistral-3 achieves a max range of more than 7km.

But perhaps what's killing me most is the speed...Stinger has a speed of Mach 2+, for Mistral it's 2.5+ and StarStreak travels at Mach 4
The specs have not been published by DRDO and you two are losing your shit over it LoL.

Articles