DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

skunk works

Country flag
Uhh yeah the epitome of Indian Defense PSUs the great Arjun tank is so efficient, the army is lying on their faces it definitely does not have fatal flaws which absolutely do not render it a heating metal box. You mofo don't understand basic economics, Govt. PSUs which are govt funded and controlled use government money to buy Government tenders and the Quotations are definitely not leaked to them before by their brethren. Govt. companies buying Govt tenders with Govt money to produce tanks like Arjun is the biggest fuckin scam.

You do not seem to understand that India is a control freak state defense sector is highly regulated and the bureaucracy which is running this is highly corrupt at every stage there is bribing and at last Private companies are for profit they dun not involve if they gotta loose all their profits on these greedy wolves. Same happened with Anil ambani he was robbed by INC mofo's with "party donations"

If something is cheap doesn't mean it is good, if that thing breaks down before reaching the battle field it's of no damn use.

If Indian PSUs were efficient there was NO BLOODY NEED for India to acquire 85% of defense equipments by export

now you go and read this
View attachment 195464
Indian PSUs are so awesome and jai-ho, nobody buys their products outside of the country or inside for that matter.
Show me ONE competent thing they have developed without foreign assistance that is within timelines and budget.
Samosa PSUs are plain incompetent.

TopWatcher

Country flag
Indian PSUs are so awesome and jai-ho, nobody buys their products outside of the country or inside for that matter.
Show me ONE competent thing they have developed without foreign assistance that is within timelines and budget.
Boss you forget, remember a survillance plane of navy bought from USA. US supplies only plane, rest of a the surveillance equipment's we developed and put in that. Don't under estimate DRDO.

Ek bekkar hai iska mtlab nahin saare bekar hai. Warna ab tak India ka bacha nahin rehta,, think my friend.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
NPVs, ROEs, IRR, DPR, approvals etc, from concept to end, all these stuff I deal daily and practically. R&D based investment is done not by looking at cost of one single project but as part of technological upgradation of your business or diversification or as a part of sustainable development of business. For automobile companies this typ of R&D will help not only for a particular defence project but for overall business. LM has skunk works not for just F-16 or F-35 but for every project they will get in the business. Even before any tenders for new fighter development they keep doing R&D to keep themselves prepared.
Show me just five patent from Indian companies based on which I can have this confidence that they have the will to upgrade or diversify or sustain a project instead of just making a one off example.

(Patents require no investment, no R&D department...just a sheet and a pencil)

Arpuster

Country flag
Show me just five patent from Indian companies based on which I can have this confidence that they have the will to upgrade or diversify or sustain a project instead of just making a one off example.

(Patents require no investment, no R&D department...just a sheet and a pencil)
my point is also same as yours that Indian private industry doesnt have the will to invest in R&D. They just want to ride on business coming to them automatically with technology granted to them.

rao.abhirav

Country flag
Morroco is however buying trucks built by TATA

https://www.businessworld.in/articl...ns-Defence-Ties-With-India/10-01-2023-461186/

The prime example of what Private sector can do if these ghastly over regulations are eased

rao.abhirav

Country flag
my point is also same as yours that Indian private industry doesnt have the will to invest in R&D. They just want to ride on business coming to them automatically with technology granted to them.
Fact is that they don't have enough funding to do so, Govt PSUs have ab infinitum money because well their money comes yearly with budget they don't even have to earn it. So they can spend it lavishly even if a private company does R&D at last it comes to who can make it cheaper and since Govt PSU do not earn their own money they bid to make it cheapest, Govt companies buying Govt tenders with Govt money or rather tax payer's money is a trend which is got to go

Lonewarrior

Country flag
So much to unpack here...
And people here want DRDO/DPSUs to be privatised and project private companies to be saviour. LoL.
No one here wants DRDO to be privatized.
You can either blame people of idolizing west or you can blame them for wanting to privatize DRDO. You can't blame them for both Mate as if I'm not wrong then the epitome of this so called West; the DARPA is a government owned entity.

And as for PSUs, they don't want it privatized because of some grudge they have or they hate it. They simply know that the work culture in private companies are more efficient than that in PSUs. They simply want the PSUs to behave in the same stringent way an IT outsourcing firm does.
That's it.
Chinese Norinco is efficient because well they use slave labour and that's what communism does it pretends to free the workers but actually enslaves them.
How can you be so wrong?

Chinese NORINCO is efficient not because of slave labour but because of fear. There is a constant fear in the psyche of people working there that they'll have to evolve or they'll get perished.
Do you think a Kotak guy has the guts to say "av link fail hai, lunch ke baad aaiyega"? It'll take just a couple of hours and Tweets and boycottkotak and what not will happen. Now imagine how many times you have seen such outrage for SBI?
This is the importance of fear or in management terms, "a carrot and stick model". But sadly in case of most of our PSUs it's just "gajar ka halwa and no stick model"
They fact is that these private companies mostly use imported sub systems and spend a lot on packaging rather than quality. Hence they loose out on tenders.
Okay
How was Vidhwansak made? Or SAAW? Or maybe the new machine gun from OFB? I guess Trichy Assault Rifle is indigenously developed? Ghatak?
These comments abusing our Govt. organisations should also be part of Brown Coolie musings
But how come these so called "Brown Coolie Muser" are such a big fanboi of DRDO's ballistic missile program? Why the fapp hearing that DRDO is planning to develop the iteration of Rudram? How is it possible that the person abusing a government agency for incompetency is praising another for their VSHORAD program?

thebakofbakchod

So much to unpack here...

No one here wants DRDO to be privatized.
You can either blame people of idolizing west or you can blame them for wanting to privatize DRDO. You can't blame them for both Mate as if I'm not wrong then the epitome of this so called West; the DARPA is a government owned entity.

And as for PSUs, they don't want it privatized because of some grudge they have or they hate it. They simply know that the work culture in private companies are more efficient than that in PSUs. They simply want the PSUs to behave in the same stringent way an IT outsourcing firm does.
That's it.

How can you be so wrong?

Chinese NORINCO is efficient not because of slave labour but because of fear. There is a constant fear in the psyche of people working there that they'll have to evolve or they'll get perished.
Do you think a Kotak guy has the guts to say "av link fail hai, lunch ke baad aaiyega"? It'll take just a couple of hours and Tweets and boycottkotak and what not will happen. Now imagine how many times you have seen such outrage for SBI?
This is the importance of fear or in management terms, "a carrot and stick model". But sadly in case of most of our PSUs it's just "gajar ka halwa and no stick model"

Okay
How was Vidhwansak made? Or SAAW? Or maybe the new machine gun from OFB? I guess Trichy Assault Rifle is indigenously developed? Ghatak?

But how come these so called "Brown Coolie Muser" are such a big fanboi of DRDO's ballistic missile program? Why the fapp hearing that DRDO is planning to develop the iteration of Rudram? How is it possible that the person abusing a government agency for incompetency is praising another for their VSHORAD program?
You are wrong as well. It isnt because of fear either but there are real targets for workers to achieve or they get fired. This is the exact opposite of every Indian PSU where job security is virtually guaranteed. Good luck firing any PSU worker for incompetency. They also have a very clear structure and funding in place

Arpuster

Country flag
Fact is that they don't have enough funding to do so, Govt PSUs have ab infinitum money because well their money comes yearly with budget they don't even have to earn it. So they can spend it lavishly even if a private company does R&D at last it comes to who can make it cheaper and since Govt PSU do not earn their own money they bid to make it cheapest, Govt companies buying Govt tenders with Govt money or rather tax payer's money is a trend which is got to go
You dont know anything. They use the money they earn for equity part and remaining debt part is financed by banks. This is same as any private company does its business. The budget is approved by Govt. doesn’t mean Govt is giving them money but its Govt allowing them to do expenditure.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
You are wrong as well. It isnt because of fear either but there are real targets for workers to achieve or they get fired. This is the exact opposite of every Indian PSU where job security is virtually guaranteed. Good luck firing any PSU worker for incompetency. They also have a very clear structure and funding in place
That's pretty much what I said
Private companies do mass layoffs just to save few bucks and no one has the guts to point a single finger.
But imagine just serving a notice to a single PSU employee for incompetency; all the PSU workers will go on a strike

Arpuster

Country flag
Okay
These are examples of reverse engineering or indigenisation with IPR. What i was referring to private companies buying from overseas and just repackaging as their own.

jai jaganath

Country flag
What r u speaking bro
These private fellows do nothing except assembling foreign parts and call it indigenous
Go and check 90% of so called private drone companies are sell rebranded Chinese drones without shame
I respect tasl kalyani l&t godrej alot but when u see its the armed forces which are causing harm to private industries along with psu
Armed forces are mainly responsible for not placing orders and destroying mic which is being tried by psu and good private companies
But rest 90% private defense companies sell nothing except assembled goods
PSU are the only place where rnd is taking place and they are working
One here and there case can't define them its bcoz of their rnd and manufacturing we have a minimal mic very minimal
Even private industries are getting their ip from psu then manufacturing why can't they put some money into rnd
Bcoz they know the attitude of army how worse are they in terms of procurement only psu can sustain

Global Defence

New threads

Articles