DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Model of FCAS didnt have weapons bay either so will it not have it??
Except the FCAS specs stated bays. No similar claims about the TEDBF has been made by either ADA or HAL or Navy. And they've had two Aero Indias to brag about it if it was in the plans.

Also, you really just compared a 5.5 gen aircraft to a 4th gen carrier born fighter ?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Model of FCAS didnt have weapons bay either so will it not have it??
This recessed bay thing is a facade popularized by KF-21.

You either have pylons that increase RCS slightly or you have bay that decrease RCS significantly. There's no midway

Arpuster

Country flag
This recessed bay thing is a facade popularized by KF-21.

You either have pylons that increase RCS slightly or you have bay that decrease RCS significantly. There's no midway
If its so then there is no point of having lower RCS on 4th gen fighter. Su 30mki & Rafale are equal.

Arpuster

Country flag
Except the FCAS specs stated bays. No similar claims about the TEDBF has been made by either ADA or HAL or Navy. And they've had two Aero Indias to brag about it if it was in the plans.

Also, you really just compared a 5.5 gen aircraft to a 4th gen carrier born fighter ?
I just compared models not fighters. Kindly provide FCAS specs stating bays.

AnantS

Country flag
Just to make a little correction; generations are defined by something so inherent in design that it can't be just plugged and played in any other generation.

In short; everything that can't be simply upgraded are what defines a generation.

You said 5th gen avionics and armament; so what if I add a podded AESA on centreline pylon, an IRST above the cockpit, two Meteors, two AARAAMs and to top it off athr most advanced flight control system from Garmin on a...Mustang.
So will it too counted as 4.75 or 5-!? I guess no.

There are just two three non-replicable characteristics that define a generation.
You add complete multirole capability in 2nd generation from ground up, you get 3rd. You add things like composite and FBW, you get 4th. Add stealth, you get 5th.
Mate you are twisting argument. Are you saying tachyon drive shall define 7th gen? or every gen needs a propulsion revolution as vast as between Mustang and ME 262? No of course. Here also I am strictly talking about 4++, 5- or 6- sense. Both F 22 and JSF are supposed to be 5th Gen . But JSF better than F 22 in avionics in many areas and lags in agility comparably. Does that make JSF 4th gen and F 22 5th gen(if considered performance) or vice versa(if considered avionic wise)? MUMT is supposed to be available in LCA too. Shall that make it 5- too?Or its aerodynamically inferior and old like Rafale hence cant be considered?
OEM's tend to sync In production Aircrafts with prevalent advancements whenever possible (considering financial and platform limitations).

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
The Level of technical jargons we have thrown out, we should be the most diverse weapons manufacturing country in the world. But all of them are simply on paper.

1. From Rustom-1 >>>>> Archer >>>>>> SR-UAV
2. Rustom Hale >>>>>>>>>> Tapas BH 201
3. Nirbhay >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ITCM >>>>>>>>>>>>> LR-LACM
4. From 4.5 TEDBF >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5- TEBDF
5. NAMICA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAMIS
6. WHAP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IPMV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>????
7. M4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MRAP Heavy
etc.

The only thing common is consistent latest abbreviation meanwhile the product is still years away from induction.

:shoot::shoot::mad2:

jai jaganath

Country flag
The Level of technical jargons we have thrown out, we should be the most diverse weapons manufacturing country in the world. But all of them are simply on paper.

1. From Rustom-1 >>>>> Archer >>>>>> SR-UAV
2. Rustom Hale >>>>>>>>>> Tapas BH 201
3. Nirbhay >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ITCM >>>>>>>>>>>>> LR-LACM
4. From 4.5 TEDBF >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5- TEBDF
5. NAMICA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAMIS
6. WHAP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IPMV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>????
7. M4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> MRAP Heavy
etc.

The only thing common is consistent latest abbreviation meanwhile the product is still years away from induction.

:shoot::shoot::mad2:
It's all jumla of our armed forces
They will never induct any of our product
But they can't import though
So a contingency plan instead of only waiting till next regime better derail by asking to develope further iteration and advanced equipments
If u have drdo and other institutions who can deliver your fantasies and accept the fact of your intentions then why not
They will never buy whap atleast till next war bcoz foreign lobby won't allow as many powerful contenders don't want the share of por to lie with Indian industry similarly with atgm
These won't be inducted until next war
And for CM they won't buy until itcm is developed or basically bharmos like jv is not established by govt for CM

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I asked for FCAS not tempest
I know, but it had MBDA in it

If BAE is developing an internal bay for Tempest by teaming with MBDA UK then why on earth FCAS won't have one if MBDA is also a partner in FCAS?
IMG_20230227_213128.jpg

It mentions "Extreme Low Observability", I'm guessing they aren't planning for a recessed mount after such boasting of LO.

Anyways here's a render from Dassault; you can see the seams
Zu-FCAS-gehoert-auch-ein-neues-Kampfflugzeug-der-naechsten-Generation--article169Gallery-4e77d...jpg

Even if that's not enough then here you've a concept/render from MBDA
Screenshot_2023-02-27-21-35-20-45_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles