DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Fatalis

Country flag
So we fund their R&D and what do we get out of it?
Tactical and Heavy lift already dependent on US/EU (C-17/C-130 and incoming C-295)
Modernised IL-76 can be a safe hedge.
No need to fund their R&D. We can directly purchase it once it is developed. Our requirement will be close to 20-30.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
A possible replacement for Il-76.View attachment 194907
I automatically feel unsafe for any deal involving Germany. These bastards are one of the most double faced weasels on this planet aside from China and US.
MuH hUman Rights, no gun sale for people outside gaRDen. But yeah will provide planes to Saudis to bomb Yemenis. They can't even squeak for their nordstream. That's why making a submarine deal with is a huge risk.

I know there are like no choices for us but seriously what do we gain from joining this, everything will be of Europe origin, it's better to grow a pair and commit with a indigenous design.

Anandhu Krishna

A possible replacement for Il-76.View attachment 194907
Is it a C17 equivalent or C5!?

This article speculates that it would be a European An-124 or a C-5 Galaxy!

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Points to be taken in
1.there are 2 HALE designs one we saw similar to predator and another one is single engine twin boom design the better one will be selected as final design
2.they will not talk at all about swift
3.archer ng can take off from short runaway 400-500m
5.I didn't understand the weapons bay point if any other user can help me out I would love it
6.fufa isn't a particular aircraft instead its a project that will be taken from learnings from swift/ghatak and product's will be made from those learnings including a hale with stealth in mind that's what I got and rest he was unwilling to tell anything about

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I didn't understand the weapons bay point if any other user can help me out I would love it
It makes absolutely zero sense to put an internal bay in not just a non-stealth aircraft but on an aircraft with propeller.

My guess would be that "internal weapons bay" is simply just an "internal bay" where you can add things like SAR radar or EW systems according to mission.