DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Trololo

Country flag
This is not the old design, but the latest

I can only see 10 weapon stations,where are the other 2

weapon station under the belly , removed

View attachment 194085
TEDBF in its catobar form should enable greater weapon load and a better flight envelope due to size and takeoff constraints being removed. I hope IAC 3 comes out as a nuclear capable 100K ton carrier. (farfetched I know)

Trololo

Country flag
Any movement on domestic LGBs of Paveway/Griffin class? Sudarshan and NG-LGB trails have gone cold.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
[QUOTE="Sanglamorre, post: 2445598, member: 29099"
Lube lagake haisha
[/QUOTE]
Nikaloge kaise bhaiya wo konsa dheela padega start hone ke baad

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
This is an INS/GPS guidance kit with some EO seeker upfront. I'm talking about bread and butter LGBs.
It's a add-on kit like paveway
it has a gps/ins + SAL seeker same as paveways for terminal guidance

It's literally the desi version paveway4 which was developed to overcome challanges of earlier paveways.

This is literally the bread and budder you are talking about, just doesn't looks like a paveway.

In a era of 2020+ why would you even want LGBs without ins+gps

1676757150860.png

You can infer from above data as to why a ins+gps is absolute necessary, basic LGBs hit rate is not very high you see and what doesn't hit is a bigger waste of money

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
if anyone has source of this, do post it here.
=====
India needs 11,000 PGMs for a war with Pakistan and 20,000 PGMs for a war with China, using intense conventional warfare ammo expenditure rate: Report.

The Shrike

Country flag
=====
India needs 11,000 PGMs for a war with Pakistan and 20,000 PGMs for a war with China, using intense conventional warfare ammo expenditure rate: Report.

We probably need something like 5x of that number at least, and a significant number of them will have to be standoff weapons. But there is no signs of bulk orders for smart munitions, just small orders for expensive imports like spice and AASM.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
1676795970624.png

1676795918956.png

1676796006298.png

FpPQ3BLaYAEeQdd.jpeg
FpPuJI7acAAUBWT.jpeg

Ok, guys Good Luck finding which data of which official info pic is correct, is Max altitude 6km,10km or 14km. But the radar elevation is capped at 60°, simple trigonometry tells that at 3.5km range it can cover targets upto 6km altitude, at 6km range it covers alti upto 10km, at ~8.2km range the engagement alti is 14km, for radar coverages, this leaves a whole ton of dead radar coverage area over the SAM head. So, yeah guys I doubt it can tackle threats like HIMARS or Tactical ballistic missiles which are high arcing weapons depending on where the system is placed and if the missile is on radar, good luck defending. 60° is already good but latest electronic elevation capability has been increased well above 80°Sector scan in some Thales ground radars.

Now if the last infopic or even before it is true, why does AKASH NG even makes sense then if it is the same 30km range and 14km alti, why does that make even sense, especially army version
1676798820774.png

1676798870041.png

Now this was also displayed by bdl
1676799032555.png

6km alti Max but how does that even makes sense for a missile of range 30km to be capped at just some 6km alti.

Every psu involved with project showing its own infopic with different specs, the fu*k is right data??
Made me question if Akash NG data is true or not??
Just see the both BEL QRSAM pics, first 6km than 10km, saala ghazni movie ka scene chal rha h kya??
@porky_kicker may be you know something??

porky_kicker

Country flag
View attachment 194387
View attachment 194386
View attachment 194388
View attachment 194384View attachment 194385

Ok, guys Good Luck finding which data of which official info pic is correct, is Max altitude 6km,10km or 14km. But the radar elevation is capped at 60°, simple trigonometry tells that at 3.5km range it can cover targets upto 6km altitude, at 6km range it covers alti upto 10km, at ~8.2km range the engagement alti is 14km, for radar coverages, this leaves a whole ton of dead radar coverage area over the SAM head. So, yeah guys I doubt it can tackle threats like HIMARS or Tactical ballistic missiles which are high arcing weapons depending on where the system is placed and if the missile is on radar, good luck defending. 60° is already good but latest electronic elevation capability has been increased well above 80°Sector scan in some Thales ground radars.

Now if the last infopic or even before it is true, why does AKASH NG even makes sense then if it is the same 30km range and 14km alti, why does that make even sense, especially army version
View attachment 194394
View attachment 194395

Now this was also displayed by bdlView attachment 194396

6km alti Max but how does that even makes sense for a missile of range 30km to be capped at just some 6km alti.

Every psu involved with project showing its own infopic with different specs, the fu*k is right data??
Made me question if Akash NG data is true or not??
Just see the both BEL QRSAM pics, first 6km than 10km, saala ghazni movie ka scene chal rha h kya??
@porky_kicker may be you know something??
Bro I don't have the time but if interested you guys can try the below sol to arrive at a answer

IMO there is a way to determine more or less if Akash NG slant range data is true or not

Find the dimensions of MRSAM and Akash NG
Compare them

Even if there is shortfall say even 10-15% , still range won't change by much provided same propellant and same grain configuration is being used (no reason that it will be different)

Anyways mrsam and Akash NG both 2 pulse ie boost coast boost

Let's assume coast is not utilised ie entire flight is full thrust , even than IMO, if above conditions stays true, slant range of Akash NG will be IMO >30 km, my guess close to 40+km ie without coast phase

Also imo altitude is dependent on the aerodynamic efficiency of the missile at high altitudes, can it exert aerodynamic control in the thin atmosphere via it's control surfaces , I see no reason why Akash NG / qrsam cannot

Qrsam altitude could be high , no problem in that , AD coverage needs to be implemented as a 360 degree sphere, some AD might have higher altitude disproportionate to it's slant range , perfectly ok, depends on designer

Also AD needs to operate in layers where range and altitude will or might overlap like an onion , otherwise very difficult to survive current threats

And lastly no point losing sleep over all these , it's the headache of those incharge who can't stick to one data

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
=====

stat for Russia ukraine war is 4700 missiles in 9 months . 1200 in first month .

Russia has been using s300 against land targets too , we have them right , maybe we can use it too .

wonder how they arrived at 20,000 figure for china . doesnt seem like even the russians have that many targets in ukraine .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
stat for Russia ukraine war is 4700 missiles in 9 months . 1200 in first month .

Russia has been using s300 against land targets too , we have them right , maybe we can use it too .

wonder how they arrived at 20,000 figure for china . doesnt seem like even the russians have that many targets in ukraine .
this S300 thing, the one that hit that apartment building in the first week?