DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Thermobaric warhead atgms are proving to be a great use in current war. Hope IA also study the case use of such weapons and induct them, and instead of battalion level ATGM teams, hope we are able to soon reach numbers atleast able for company level ATGM teams and hopefully one day a platoon level asset numbers. I think we do need such numbers as most of our infantry is still foot infantry.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Thermobaric warhead atgms are proving to be a great use in current war. Hope IA also study the case use of such weapons and induct them, and instead of battalion level ATGM teams, hope we are able to soon reach numbers atleast able for company level ATGM teams and hopefully one day a platoon level asset numbers. I think we do need such numbers as most of our infantry is still foot infantry.
well don't we already have these same RPO-A ;Bumblebee; rockets in the service ? 'specially used a lot in Kashmir for 'cleaning' aatankwaadis - there already were pics of extremely to-the-bones roasted porks resulting from them etc...

but yeah I agree that Thermobaric rockets are quite good for anti-personnel, anti-material (upto medium sized stuff, lightly armoured etc) kind of applications

there was some talk about creating thermobaric round for 84mm Carl Gustav but i think creating a single-shot disposable set of rockets for such thing would be better than carrying both launcher of 10 some kilograms then again putting a heavy shell inside it etc

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Shuturmurg

Country flag

SavageKing456

Country flag
@SavageKing456 what happened to FUFA ji, any updates about it?
FUFA has no updates apparently right now
The are multiple classified UAV programs right now taken by ADE which have flying wing concept
Therefore it is not easy to distinguish between the programs which are just used to validate certain experimental technology and the programs which will be inducted by the user

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sir, I merely pointed out the flaws in your analysis which was factually incorrect on many points.

I don't thin I implied that IA won't order, it simply doesn't have other choice with current GOI. But I don't particularly like delays for a system which is perfectly a level up from in use systems on all fronts.

You argued for spike as a good mix of Konkurs-M penetration capability and range not me.

Am I wrong in saying that your presented the current mpatgm as a system which is not good enough or atleast implied it. I just argued that your views are not correct. Coming back to your op stating that you always knew this weight reduction was bound to happen so onus is on you to show that it is lacking to tackle threats and is worse than in service atgm which I don't agree with and presented the facts. What does a statement of weight reduction implies in your opinion.

On the difference between rosboronexport and bdl weight figure for missile is all in semantics, weight of missile with launch tube not equals weight of missile without launch tube. And as I said that Konkurs use complex gas ejector ejection system hence the significant weight addition and you carry tube in battle not the internal missile, so that's really a design thing there.
I've not said that MPATGM in its current form is not good enough. On contrary, its the developers who are implying so.

The official said that the development of MPATGM is not completed because of its weight. “We [DRDO] are looking at lowering the weight of MPATGM. Since it is manportable, its weight causes a lot of problems.
The official said that the organisation seeks to reduce the weight of the MPATGM by 10–30%.
So obviously DRDO also think what I am saying.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
FUFA has no updates apparently right now
The are multiple classified UAV programs right now taken by ADE which have flying wing concept
Therefore it is not easy to distinguish between the programs which are just used to validate certain experimental technology and the programs which will be inducted by the user
So we have more uav projects then we know of makes me happy that atleast something will come out of it

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
View attachment 194001
I still doubt that, which config in use with IN if true and why?? Where would you even fit LORA on IN ship VLS, land based launcher doesn't makes sens at all.
Doesn't makes sense so unless IN says it or shows it, it's good as fake.
It's like saying IAF inducted pinaka, sure they can but very unlikely.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
I still doubt that, which config in use with IN if true and why?? Where would you even fit LORA on IN ship VLS, land based launcher doesn't makes sens at all.
Doesn't makes sense so unless IN says it or shows it, it's good as fake.
It's like saying IAF inducted pinaka, sure they can but very unlikely.
Lora missiles usp is it can be fired from a shipping container so it wont be deployed on conventional vessel, rather it would be on disguised merchant ship

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
well don't we already have these same RPO-A ;Bumblebee; rockets in the service ? 'specially used a lot in Kashmir for 'cleaning' aatankwaadis - there already were pics of extremely to-the-bones roasted porks resulting from them etc...

but yeah I agree that Thermobaric rockets are quite good for anti-personnel, anti-material (upto medium sized stuff, lightly armoured etc) kind of applications

there was some talk about creating thermobaric round for 84mm Carl Gustav but i think creating a single-shot disposable set of rockets for such thing would be better than carrying both launcher of 10 some kilograms then again putting a heavy shell inside it etc
Even CRPF Valley QAT uses RPO-A

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Even CRPF Valley QAT uses RPO-A
We should get Thermobaric 40x46mm prepared from DRDO, already ruusi made it in 43mm 'grenade' configuration for their hand-held grenade launcher weapon
1676621903792.png

VGM93.100 43mm Thermobaric Grenade, used in GM-94 Grenade Launcher
1676622017635.png

^this one is said to have lethality of about 3 and a half metres

a 40x46mm version of this kind of thermobaric grenade mated with our six-shot MGL would be devastating in cleaning rooms and small scale targets etc