DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I also prefer Embraer C-390 Millenium over other choices but only problem is delivery rate is so slow, Embraer hasn't even be able to deliver full 20 order of Brazil yet then there are orders from the netherlands and so...under such realities i find it hard that they'll be able to fulfill our orders this big.

also engine used in C-390 is from International Aero Engines (IAE) which has joint holding between Americans, Germans and Japanese and others so i am somewhat doubtful over sourcing engines, parts and afterservices if we go this way

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I also prefer Embraer C-390 Millenium over other choices but only problem is delivery rate is so slow, Embraer hasn't even be able to deliver full 20 order of Brazil yet then there are orders from the netherlands and so...under such realities i find it hard that they'll be able to fulfill our orders this big.

also engine used in C-390 is from International Aero Engines (IAE) which has joint holding between Americans, Germans and Japanese and others so i am somewhat doubtful over sourcing engines, parts and afterservices if we go this way
If they patner with someone like tata can deliveries be made on time then?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Folks what's this
I think there is some mistake as 6 a-321 are lying for awacs and sigint and a-319 would be ftb of amca
But he is reporting that a-321 is ftb
If yes then what's the role of converted a-319
If he is true then it's disappointing
@abingdonboy
Was hoping Shiv would clarify before I commented and here we are:

No reduction in NETRA MK.2 numbers then (6 A321s at Hindon are for that)

3 SCA is a new effort (I guess no official project sanction for that yet)

1 FTB (VT-SCO) is already flying with DRDO

9 C295 based MRMR is new, I guess this is for the IN’s long standing MRMPA role. I also assume that this along with the MQ9Bs mean any additional P8s in the next 10 years (even 6 more) are very unlikely

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
View attachment 193620
it's also annoying that these people are so careless in their handling that they are leaving out chemical stain (acetone ? turpentine ? benzene ? one of those paint and stain removers...) that's clearly visible like this on first ever promotional model of our so ambitious LIFT jet, 'blast from the past' design etc 😒

now not only whole world will see the removal of 'Maruti' but they'll also see a big bloat there :facepalm:

good good, serves them right

this is only politically correct HLFT-42 that is acceptable for them
View attachment 193631
i dare them to put this and later remove it and not face any consequences
Udna to isne aise bhi nai tha
Ye kaam karkr abjo bachi huwi hope thi ki ye fly karega.
Wo bhi gaye, nai udega.
Display kiya hua kuch bhi agle 30 saal tak nai udega.
Sab shaant raho
Models dekho aur chill karo yaaro
@iNorthernerOn9

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
LCA MKII to enter service by 2028.

Waiting for communist anti-armed forces fanboys to justify this

My prediction of their 1000 IQ argument -
  1. Completely avoiding the topic and blaming IAF for not ordering 10,000 more Tejas Mk1A. (Tu Quoque argument fallacy)
  2. Completely avoiding the topic and blaming IAF echelons to be part of Chandigarh lobby. (Tu Quoque argument fallacy)
  3. Saying this was expected and timelines are nothing to be upset about. (Appeal to authority argument fallacy)
  4. Claiming we don't need the air power anyway. (Grapes are sour argument fallacy)
  5. Claiming it is better to have home-grown jets in the next century than foreign jets now. (Black or white argument fallacy)
  6. Claiming I am a foreign agent/Chandigarh lobby (Ad hominem argument fallacy)

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
IAF has been made a complete fool by Modi govt. and (HAL + ADA) PSU ecosystem.

• Even after IAF wailing for a decade, govt. buys only 36 jets.
  • Tejas Mk1A starts manufacturing in 2024 (83 deliveries will take till 2028-29).
  • Tejas Mk2 is nowhere in sight (no guarantee of more delays), and will tentatively enter production in 2028 (if everything goes correctly, and that is a big expectation).
  • AMCA tentatively sometime in 2032 (if everything goes correctly, and that is a big expectation).
Meanwhile, China has rolled out more J-20s than we have Su-30MKIs. Pakistan with its beggar economy is almost reaching parity with us in air power. Our pilots have to fly widowmaker Mig-21s which will probably get shot down within the first 5 minutes of war if they don't crash due to malfunction.

Great going :clap2: keep on blaming IAF.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

• Tejas Mk1A starts manufacturing in 2024 (83 deliveries will take till 2028-29).
  • Tejas Mk2 is nowhere in sight (no guarantee of more delays), and will tentatively enter production in 2028 (if everything goes correctly, and that is a big expectation).
  • AMCA tentatively sometime in 2032 (if everything goes correctly, and that is a big expectation).
Meanwhile, China has rolled out more J-20s than we have Su-30MKIs. Pakistan with its beggar economy is almost reaching parity with us in air power. Our pilots have to fly widowmaker Mig-21s which will probably get shot down within the first 5 minutes of war if they don't crash due to malfunction.

So you mean atm nirbhrta will eat us up?
I kind of agree

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
So you mean atm nirbhrta will eat us up?
I kind of agree
Atmanirbharta is a necessity. But this is just bad/criminal planning at the end of MoD and fake-promise-generator PSUs.

Bite what you can chew. It is alright to slowly scale up and increase self-reliance. Start 1-2 indigenous projects with 100% focus, and make them a success story. Rest we can keep on buying/local assembly (screwdrivergiri),

We don't have the luxury to afford delays/failures in projects, if we fail, we lose territory or even an optimistic future. Europe & other peaceful countries have the luxury to experiment around, we don't.

What should have been done -
  • Ordered 126 Rafale in 2014 as a replacement for Mig-27/Mig-29. [Failed]
  • Ordered 83 LCA Mk1A as replacement of Mig-21 [Success]
  • Order 200+ LCA Mk2 as a replacement for Mig-29/Jaguar/Mirage-2000. [Future goal]
  • Order 200+ AMCA as replacement of Su-30MKI [Future goal]
In this way, even if our indigenous projects get delayed, we still have a comfortable margin and won't loose our operational preparedness.

flanker99

Country flag

IAF isn't without its fault mk1a order and production rate has been agreed upon by IAF for more than that order volume needs to be bigger.
Mk2 delay is due to late funds sanctions.
Btw i don't think IAF has been taken for a ride i was looking at past statements by IAF chief who kept saying mk2 by 28-30 and amca in first half of 2030's so they very much knew what they were getting into

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Atmanirbharta is a necessity. But this is just bad/criminal planning at the end of MoD and fake-promise-generator PSUs.

Bite what you can chew. It is alright to slowly scale up and increase self-reliance. Start 1-2 indigenous projects with 100% focus, and make them a success story. Rest we can keep on buying/local assembly (screwdrivergiri),

We don't have the luxury to afford delays/failures in projects, if we fail, we lose territory or even an optimistic future. Europe & other peaceful countries have the luxury to experiment around, we don't.

What should have been done -
  • Ordered 126 Rafale in 2014 as a replacement for Mig-27/Mig-29. [Failed]
  • Ordered 83 LCA Mk1A as replacement of Mig-21 [Success]
  • Order 200+ LCA Mk2 as a replacement for Mig-29/Jaguar/Mirage-2000. [Future goal]
  • Order 200+ AMCA as replacement of Su-30MKI [Future goal]
In this way, even if our indigenous projects get delayed, we still have a comfortable margin and won't loose our operational preparedness.
Iam going out to buy momos
This thing is too depressing

vishnugupt

Country flag
Waiting for communist anti-armed forces fanboys to justify this

My prediction of their 1000 IQ argument -
  1. Completely avoiding the topic and blaming IAF for not ordering 10,000 more Tejas Mk1A. (Tu Quoque argument fallacy)
  2. Completely avoiding the topic and blaming IAF echelons to be part of Chandigarh lobby. (Tu Quoque argument fallacy)
  3. Saying this was expected and timelines are nothing to be upset about. (Appeal to authority argument fallacy)
  4. Claiming we don't need the air power anyway. (Grapes are sour argument fallacy)
  5. Claiming it is better to have home-grown jets in the next century than foreign jets now. (Black or white argument fallacy)
  6. Claiming I am a foreign agent/Chandigarh lobby (Ad hominem argument fallacy)
Nobody defending DRDO, PSUs and MOD. But Generals are very different when it's come to malaise. Atleast it's visible from DRDO part what is going on but do you have answers what are the parameters of taking decades of trials for weapons which has already been developed??
Even after completing trials still not giving appropriate orders??
Armed forces are the costumer so things will largely run as they want to run. Private sector still hesitant to participate in defence sector due to unpredictability of Armed forces.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
IAF isn't without its fault mk1a order and production rate has been agreed upon by IAF for more than that order volume needs to be bigger.
Mk2 delay is due to late funds sanctions.
Btw i don't think IAF has been taken for a ride i was looking at past statements by IAF chief who kept saying mk2 by 28-30 and amca in first half of 2030's so they very much knew what they were getting into
IAF chief is just parroting what timeline has been handed over to him. You expect him to bicker and talk shit behind the back of MoD and HAL ? Its not that IAF is happy or content with the timelines, it is what they have been made to accept by govt.

Previous all IAF chiefs have stated their concern regarding falling squadron rates and stalling of MRCA orders.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Nothing going to help UN Generals now. DRDO might have lost few years in development but notorious Generals has lost decades due to their incompetency.

And tell me what options do UN Generals now have ?? You want 1000 s of foreign jets while indigenisation will go parallel?? Guess what ? This also tried and result is same.

Somewhere Generals have to sit down and try to swallow bitter pill. There is no other way around.