DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vidhwanshak

Country flag
ek saath ye log 10 project chalate hai, har project me delay 10 saal ka hota hai, 10 baar time line shift hoti hai inki, aur har baar Armed Force inko 10 naye improvements karne ko bolti hai aur isme 10 saal aur lag jaate hai.

Lekin mujhe kya? mai to raakh ban jaaunga jab tak inka Mk1a, MK2, LIFT, AMCA, TEBDF, Maarut, Rustom, ARCHER commisoning hoga

jai jaganath

Country flag
Folks what's this
I think there is some mistake as 6 a-321 are lying for awacs and sigint and a-319 would be ftb of amca
But he is reporting that a-321 is ftb
If yes then what's the role of converted a-319
If he is true then it's disappointing
@abingdonboy
Even if u read the posters they have written clearly
Awacs- a-321
Ftb- a-319
Sigint/comjac- a-319
But according to livefest only 3 netra mk-2 then what would happen to other 6 lying in hindon

Lonewarrior

Country flag
"The carbon fibre of course comes from abroad .. but the software is all ours".
Meanwhile on their website
View attachment 193560

:facepalm:
Remember that DRDO logo as pointed by @karn ?

So the question is, if design is a cheap rip-off of Italian Talisman UAV, carbon fibre is imported and HAL/DRDO doesn't make any engine then what exactly they are the collaborating with DRDO for?
The answer is flight control software.

Someone show this to Rajnath Singh.
This the exactly the kind of shit that he was so pissed about.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Folks what's this
I think there is some mistake as 6 a-321 are lying for awacs and sigint and a-319 would be ftb of amca
@abingdonboy
A long, long list of projects is ongoing, and not one single project is inching toward a conclusion. People need to start asking tough questions. Our PSUs manufacturing is a time and money black hole. The more you throw at them more they keep swallowing.

Arpuster

Country flag

So the question is, if design is a cheap rip-off of Italian Talisman UAV, carbon fibre is imported and HAL/DRDO doesn't make any engine then what exactly they are the collaborating with DRDO for?

There might be many other things like aerodynamic studies, actuators, hydraulics, sensors, mission softwares, aero structures etc.

jai jaganath

Country flag
A long, long list of projects is ongoing, and not one single project is inching toward a conclusion. People need to start asking tough questions. Our PSUs manufacturing is a time and money black hole. The more you throw at them more they keep swallowing.
Woh toh thik hai sirji
Par iska kya chkar hai
Poster me kuch lika hai aur bol aur kuch raha hai
6 a-321 are lying in hindon na

karn

Country flag

Naah .. This is probably fine .. But what is throwing me in a loop is how they very proudly the website proclaims their expertise in aerostructures + all the capital machinery that they have for building composites but mention software and design as their expertise in the above interview.... He probably meant that the raw material is imported .. While they do the molding. But strange that he did not mention that.
They should probably update their website.

Delta Squad

Country flag

Small correction, that's not DRDO logo I guess, that is ISRO and Joint Electronics Instrument and Indegenous Cell, Department of Military Affairs. Now I have no Idea whether that comes under DRDO or not
Screenshot_2023-02-13-20-27-25-727_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

flanker99

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Naah .. This is probably fine .. But what is throwing me in a loop is how they very proudly the website proclaims their expertise in aerostructures + all the capital machinery that they have for building composites but mention software and design as their expertise in the above interview.... He probably meant that the raw material is imported .. While they do the molding. But strange that he did not mention that.
They should probably update their website.
Yup, as long as they are able to prove that the design works in high low hot and cold launch trials with HE payload. ultimately 20 hr long loitering endurance is going to be their USP.

everything else can probably be fixed during production run.

if i am not wrong this is the first domestic piston engine winged UAV domestically from a private company.

Blademaster

Looking forward to its first flight.

View attachment 193535

30000 t service ceiling with an endurance of 18+ hours. This surely will be a gamechanger for us.
What's the payload capacity and what's the recon capability? How far away can we see in visual, infrared, and microwave? What's the resolution? How fast does this move? Is this controlled through satellite uplink? Is it jamming resistant?

AnantS

Country flag
Folks what's this
@abingdonboy
still no FETB :(