DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NutCracker

Country flag

If it's official specs then HAL is fighting in completely different category where no competition exists.

This MTOW is only possible with GE,414. It could sell really-really well in M.E. rather than south asia because they won't mind sparing few million more and get 3T extra payload compare to F50/Hurjet with few thousands extra operational cost per hour

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Iirc, didn't MOD themselves say they needed jetpacks for some reason? I think they did an RFI or something about it.

It keeps me up at night. What is an actual army going to use those noisy, limited things for?
To explore possible use cases.

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Pray to god it never happens but if we find ourselvs in prolonged war son of marut will be easier and faster to produce than tejas or any other fighter...im skeptical if it can be an export success but hope it prevails a cheap,maintainable, easy to build jet is good to have in any scenario
Specifications looks too good to be true

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Whats the whole meaning of this "cum" thing anyway?. cum torpedo, penetrating cum blast rounds (yes that was real), cum figther ?
as mentioned here
but real reason behind this is simple, indians trying to be holier than thou by keep using english colonial terminology even after they left us on our own for more than 75 years now

you'll often find Mk 1 Mk 2 etc etc sort of derivative names for same product here while others mainly use A,B,C etc such simpler designations

karn

Country flag
as mentioned here

but real reason behind this is simple, indians trying to be holier than thou by keep using english colonial terminology even after they left us on our own for more than 75 years now

you'll often find Mk 1 Mk 2 etc etc sort of derivative names for same product here while others mainly use A,B,C etc such simpler designations
Off topic .. But I think its more because english for a the vast majority is something you learn in school and the school syllabus is rigid. Pure english (as opposed to "hinglish" and other local slang forms) is used for official communication hence in these archaisms exist.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
The circular logo at the front seems like the DRDO logo and the Indian flag at the back.
I could be completely wrong tho :daru:
Yes ur right great observation private companies with help of drdo are finally bringing something on the table

Chinmoy

Country flag
Investment partners?? Is GOI still expecting private companies to front tens of millions of $ for R&D???
What Indian company has that kind of money lying around? BC economic survey g***d me daal liye ho kya.
Not R&D investment. GoI and DRDO wants private industries as development partners to bring down the development time frame. HAL has already offered their facility to private companies to set up their facility for AMCA.

But for even that, no private company is coming forward. We on other hand want private companies to take over defence R&D and manufacturing.