DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
This actually sounds like a really good idea if done unmanned. Completely mess up the enemy's order of battle collection, or even just for distraction. Do we know if an unmanned variant is in the works?

(Also if anyone here has knowledge about electronics - how does this vehicle emulate surface to air missile fire control radars? Does it actually broadcast a frequency in the same block as the SAM? Or some other technique - because I think there is no way that thing carries enough power to produce an output like the real one, just emulates it - I can be wrong in my assumption)
Here

RF decoy is same thing as anti ARM decoy, no difference

In my info graphic, the decoy is from another indian private company, read the info graphic I made for more detailed info on how RF decoy / Anti ARM decoy works

Last edited:

Blademaster

Not sure this design works. Saw a respectable engineer from YouTube make this sort of design months ago and it was very unstable.
it is not. Think about your body and how you need to support your body if not on your feet. Do an experiment. Try planking and leg raises and look at where and what part of your body needs to be supported. Hint: it is around your hips. Otherwise you need to stay upright.

Videos of superman flying with his legs up in the air has seriously reinforced the false myth that you can fly like a flat person whereas your legs would be drooping below because your legs are the heaviest part of the human body and it takes energy to keep your legs up. Try putting your arms up and straight. You start getting tired after a couple minutes with no weights on your arms. Now imagine putting the weight of turbines on your arms.

Non practical. What you need is a supporting rigid frame that you can attach your body to and then fly that rig around.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Not sure this design works.
They must be unaware of defence technologies; any jetpack would have considerable disadvantage in terms of range as you can't carry enough of fuel to power four turbofans.
They must be unaware of special operations techniques; any jetpack would emit so much of heat signature and perhaps even more obvious, noise that it would defeat the whole purpose of convert insertion.
They must be unaware of MoD's procurement processes; despite numerous trials state owned factories get rejected for no obvious reasons.

So the question is; what the heck are they even aware of!?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
They must be unaware of defence technologies; any jetpack would have considerable disadvantage in terms of range as you can't carry enough of fuel to power four turbofans.
They must be unaware of special operations techniques; any jetpack would emit so much of heat signature and perhaps even more obvious, noise that it would defeat the whole purpose of convert insertion.
They must be unaware of MoD's procurement processes; despite numerous trials state owned factories get rejected for no obvious reasons.

So the question is; what the heck are they even aware of!?
Iirc, didn't MOD themselves say they needed jetpacks for some reason? I think they did an RFI or something about it.

It keeps me up at night. What is an actual army going to use those noisy, limited things for?

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
SJha is usually over optimistic. Has this been actually tested or only lives in a poster ? And will armed forces really place meaningful orders of this "weapon" ? Even so we are indeed playing catch-up with the West esp. US wrt defence tech. You would be a fool to deny it. It's laughable to deny it infact, let's be realistic and not jingoists

Roland55

Country flag
And they put cum on this too 🤦‍♂️

Anyways; but on a serious note, won't HAL create self-competition between this and Tejas Mk-1A?
One of the very basic rule of business is that you don't compete with yourself
I dont think the tejas and this design are not on the same "level", it might be like how the chinese have the JL-9/L-15 and the JF-17. With the lighter planes being more on the LIFT/trainer side than a fighter.

Whats the whole meaning of this "cum" thing anyway?. cum torpedo, penetrating cum blast rounds (yes that was real), cum figther ?

indiatester

Country flag
C'mon... this mentality that every other advanced work should not even start before everyone is at same level is BS thought process.
No one is spending all the money on this unproven stuff...

I think it stems from fear of failure that the guys trying these advanced stuff will cause some sort of cringe embarrassment to the others who are still manning the non upgraded units.