DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
for a moment i forgot R2 was from OFB.
yup, ARDE should give this a try. hopefully SQR will contain something on recoil management.
Maybe if Army liked Sigs than perhaps ARDE can just copy the AR design with some few changes like perhaps a good muzzle brake and permanent iron sights in our case. With Sig deal for further rifles not going anywhere ARDE has a good chance given that they work with a good end product making company even if a new starting one, OFB is too unreliable as of now. And for God's sake they don't insist on making every part of the gun of their own, please just use Magpul NATO mags and a good already made stock, that stock on MCIWS was horrendous.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Maybe if Army liked Sigs than perhaps ARDE can just copy the AR design with some few changes like perhaps a good muzzle brake and permanent iron sights in our case. With Sig deal for further rifles not going anywhere ARDE has a good chance given that they work with a good end product making company even if a new starting one, OFB is too unreliable as of now. And for God's sake they don't insist on making every part of the gun of their own, please just use Magpul NATO mags and a good already made stock, that stock on MCIWS was horrendous.
more than ARDE, it's IA that decides what sort of design elements they want.
requirement for atleast decade and a half are being fulfilled between imports and the new ak. we can only hope that IA takes a long term view in their SQR instead of going for a short term jugaad, and look at 2035 and beyond.
they didn't like modular MCIWS,
they didn't like R2.
we haven't heard any news on whether IA liked sigs or not.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Btw can they take off from a aircraft carrier?
In current configuration; naah.

The current pankha engine is under-powered for ski take-off; so only catapult. And the wingspan is almost 7 meters more than that of F/A-18; with no option for folding wings.

Though there used to be a proposed variant of SeaGuardian that was carrier capable; but it went nowhere from the drawing board.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
In current configuration; naah.

The current pankha engine is under-powered for ski take-off; so only catapult. And the wingspan is almost 7 meters more than that of F/A-18; with no option for folding wings.

Though there used to be a proposed variant of SeaGuardian that was carrier capable; but it went nowhere from the drawing board.
I see then we will operate them from land does tapas fit on a carrier?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I see then we will operate them from land does tapas fit on a carrier?
Currently the idea of our ASuW force is that of an armed P-8I doing long patrols and when they find a target submarine, they'll engage. The problem in this is the service hours of P-8I are low. And that of the crew manning is even way lower.

So now the idea is to divide the surveillance and attack part to different platforms; drones would continuously take-off in shifts from various bases for a constant surveillance and if they find something worth engaging then only P-8I would take-off.

As for Tapas, it won't fit in lifts unless someone does
Mujhe-kyun-toda-Welcome-movie-Viral-Indian-Meme-Templates-From-2020-20-750x430.jpg
to its wings.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Currently the idea of our ASuW force is that of an armed P-8I doing long patrols and when they find a target submarine, they'll engage. The problem in this is the service hours of P-8I are low. And that of the crew manning is even way lower.

So now the idea is to divide the surveillance and attack part to different platforms; drones would continuously take-off in shifts from various bases for a constant surveillance and if they find something worth engaging then only P-8I would take-off.

As for Tapas, it won't fit in lifts unless someone does
to its wings.
Is it hard to convert wings into foldable ones?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Is it hard to convert wings into foldable ones?
Yes and no; it's solely depends on how exactly you're planning to do it.

If you want to manually fold unfold an extension (with no fligh control surface) of a wing; then it would be as simple as some bike modification.

But if you want a self folding system, with control surfaces and maybe with fuel tank; then it becomes bit complicated.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Yes and no; it's solely depends on how exactly you're planning to do it.

If you want to manually fold unfold an extension (with no fligh control surface) of a wing; then it would be as simple as some bike modification.

But if you want a self folding system, with control surfaces and maybe with fuel tank; then it becomes bit complicated.
They can do a manual one is navy requires it for there ac ig

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
They can do a manual one is navy requires it for there ac ig
Aree bhaiya, yha par sabko top line maal chahiye, no one is ready to compromise for indigenous maal.
And above all its not only about folding wings, developing the software and essential structure in UAV for arrested recovery would be a huge task. Also, I don't think Tapas with its size and low power engine is suitable to even take from STOBAR. Maybe if we had a CATOBAR, but then there too you would need a new design. But yeah, a UAV can be a huge help in terms of anti sub ops and over the horizon targeting.
Here is a Russian AEW UAV concept, I don't know but given the endurance of these UAVs and comparatively low cost, these seems attractive. And yeah this is a 2003 concept, shown at MAKS 2003, an idea far ahead of its time but you know Russia in early 2000s was suffering from economic hardships.
1675881515592.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles