DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
This is a FEEL GOOD post. Not related to DRDO.

Pakistan's total outlay for its 2022-23 budget ie expenditure was 9.502 billion PKR.

Taking exchange rate of Rs 200.7 PKR = 1 USD which was the rate on 10th June, 2022, Pakistan's total national budget comes to ONLY 47.33 billion dollars.

Our defense budget allocation excluding pensions alone is 4,32,720 crores which is around 52.87 billion USD taking Rs 81.74 = 1 USD

Their defense budget was 1.532 trillion or around 7.5 billion USD.

This puts to perspective Pakistan's aukaat.

View attachment 192191

View attachment 192192
UP has a budget of the equivalent of 85billion dollars.

Abdus Salem killed

This is a FEEL GOOD post. Not related to DRDO.

Pakistan's total outlay for its 2022-23 budget ie expenditure was 9.502 billion PKR.

Taking exchange rate of Rs 200.7 PKR = 1 USD which was the rate on 10th June, 2022, Pakistan's total national budget comes to ONLY 47.33 billion dollars.

Our defense budget allocation excluding pensions alone is 4,32,720 crores which is around 52.87 billion USD taking Rs 81.74 = 1 USD

Their defense budget was 1.532 trillion or around 7.5 billion USD.

This puts to perspective Pakistan's aukaat.

View attachment 192191

View attachment 192192
Who cares they get everything free from China is turkey etc

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
They should look fr dirt bike rather than an ADV. Himalayan is not the best offroader out in the market.
RE Himalayan is proven, extremely rugged, and has decent off-road capabilities, plus any roadside abdul puncture shop can fix it. Going for something new out of the ecosystem will make little sense.

Airframes Netra mk 2

Been lying there for more than a year now. They will rot in the sun like this before DRDO fits french fry over it :dude:

SKC

Country flag
RE Himalayan is proven, extremely rugged, and has decent off-road capabilities, plus any roadside abdul puncture shop can fix it. Going for something new out of the ecosystem will make little sense.

Been lying there for more than a year now. They will rot in the sun like this before DRDO fits french fry over it :dude:
I think the upcoming Himalayan 450 would be more suitable. Currently 411cc Himalayan is a bit underpowered.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Pic is old if im right and before drdo lays there hands on them airbus has to modify them..god knows what happened
Recent pics (Nov) show them at the same place, same orientation. Not even moved an inch.

I think the upcoming Himalayan 450 would be more suitable. Currently 411cc Himalayan is a little bit less powered.
Current RE Himalayan performs satisfactorily over the whole of Ladakh. 450 cc will be even better.

STORE

Depends on their needs I guess. Himalayan lacks ground clearance ,if you r having more than a person and gear while offroading ,its not a good bike to be having, too heavy and lack power. Its good if ur doing Mediocre trails since it has very good torque but again u will have to be slow and methodical, which is fine for going on a road trip to Himalayas but not good while ur in a combat situation. A 200 cc dirt bike will have more power, less weight , same tourqe , better suspension and ground clearance, costs almost same or a bit high. Many brands do sell dirt bikes in India like Honda ,Yamaha, Suzuki and it's actually more easier to repair than a conventional bike since It dosnt have much tech and mostly just mechanical stuff. Spare parts for these won't be much problem fr army since it's widely available ,they can buy frm anywhere in the world. Again depends on the purpose they gonna use it, if its fr SF or Recce , i don't think Himalayan is a good option.

Last edited:

STORE

Current RE Himalayan performs satisfactorily over the whole of Ladakh. 450 cc will be even better.
Taking a bike to Himalyas is not a big deal as people make it to be. i mean , I have seen people taking scooties to Leh Ladakh and doing just fine .

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles